Chinchilla vs Hedgehog vs Bunny vs Guinea Pig

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Chinchilla vs Hedgehog vs Bunny vs Guinea Pig
(22-12-2014 03:17 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Hm, how old is your kid/kids? Temperament would be something to consider if they're fairly young. I mean, all of these options are more hands-on as far as petting so depending or maturity of your children. I know at least for guinea pigs (I was debating on hamster and rat owning for a while but figure I might wait for money) that they're not recommended for those under 8 since you have to carefully scoop them up to hold them. Otherwise, it scares the poor thing and if they like quickly try to pick them up, they might get bitten if the piggy wiggy gets scared. I'd imagine the same for hedgehogs and chinchilla-lala-la-las. Bunny might be safer bet. More room but still. Know a college buddy that trained her bunny to come to her when she sang "March of the Empire." Them bunnies are trainable.

5 and 2.5

I think we've about settled on a mini lop. QC likes the living piece of fluff.

[Image: jolene.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
22-12-2014, 03:56 PM
What about a ferret. It's like a guinea pig that got stretched out on some kind of torture rack and it turned them silly.

[Image: 016963-yoshi-the-ferret.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-12-2014, 04:00 PM
(22-12-2014 03:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 03:17 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Hm, how old is your kid/kids? Temperament would be something to consider if they're fairly young. I mean, all of these options are more hands-on as far as petting so depending or maturity of your children. I know at least for guinea pigs (I was debating on hamster and rat owning for a while but figure I might wait for money) that they're not recommended for those under 8 since you have to carefully scoop them up to hold them. Otherwise, it scares the poor thing and if they like quickly try to pick them up, they might get bitten if the piggy wiggy gets scared. I'd imagine the same for hedgehogs and chinchilla-lala-la-las. Bunny might be safer bet. More room but still. Know a college buddy that trained her bunny to come to her when she sang "March of the Empire." Them bunnies are trainable.

5 and 2.5

Nevermind about the ferret, I just saw the bunny. Awwwwwwwwww. It's all cute and fuzzy and, and....... sooooooo cute and fuzzy. Tongue

PS. You can't eat this one. Really, you just can't.Sadcryface

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-12-2014, 04:11 PM
(22-12-2014 04:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 03:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  5 and 2.5

Nevermind about the ferret, I just saw the bunny. Awwwwwwwwww. It's all cute and fuzzy and, and....... sooooooo cute and fuzzy. Tongue

PS. You can't eat this one. Really, you just can't.Sadcryface

lol QC HATES ferrets. They stink pretty badly.

And, just an FYI, anything is food to me. After all, consider where I'm from Wink

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
22-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Re: Chinchilla vs Hedgehog vs Bunny vs Guinea Pig
My family has had all kinds of pets. Holland lop (bunny), my ferret (rabbits & ferrets cannot play together), guinea pigs, rats, iguana, handicapped cats, etc.

My brother currently has a bearded dragon, and he will snuggle with my brother. You can pet them but sometimes the spikes may tickle you.

Ferrets do have a musk but it fades fast. I guess it never bothered me.

The guinea pigs never flipped out, though the "weeking" can be nerve rattling if you have a migraine.

The rats were my sister's, and they were smart little bitches.

Hedgehogs.... Never had them but on TV they seem like fun.

Hamsters and gerbils are fairly easy to care for. Never had a pet cat eat a hamster, gerbil, mouse (someone gave childhood Clockwork two lab mice), etc.

My cousin and her wife have a chinchilla. They seem to love her and from I understand easy to care for.

My vote from your 4 choices?
Chinchilla.
22-12-2014, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 05:07 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-12-2014 01:19 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  It may not be a fair sample but I have an intense dislike for the rabbit I live with. (The little bastard is becoming less bitey though.)

My older sister had one for about 13 years ! She took it for walks on a leash. It had 3 homes ... one in the yard, one in the garage, and one in the basement. My mother HATED it with a passion. ("That thing is NOT coming in this house again !")
It finally died of some sort of spinal degeneration. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-12-2014, 05:00 PM
(22-12-2014 03:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

5 and 2.5

Pfft

Get a real rabbit.

[Image: Runt_and_Paxie.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
22-12-2014, 05:05 PM
A Hedgehog isn't something I've ever considered a pet. Didn't even know you could own one.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
22-12-2014, 05:46 PM
(22-12-2014 03:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  5 and 2.5

Aww! That is an adorable piece of fluff! Not much meat on them bones. Gonna have to fatten him up Evil_monster But yeah, good choice I thinks.

(22-12-2014 05:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Pfft

Get a real rabbit.

[Image: Runt_and_Paxie.jpg]

I've seen one of those! Really soft fur. Can't imagine how much space that giant bunny needs. Seems like a bunny you'd have with a Great Dane so the Great Dane wouldn't step on it as easily.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
22-12-2014, 06:11 PM
[Image: 3025688-slide-s-rats-05.jpg]

How can QC hate that?
They're very clean animals. They spend as much time cleaning themselves as cats and they poop and piss in the exact
same spot every time, unlike other small fuzzy animals that tend to shit whereever they damn well feel like it.
It makes for cleaning the cage far far easier.

Plus they're really intelligent and can be curious or lazy depending on the sex you get.

Look, this one has a teddy bear.
[Image: n1579263526_148469_5851105.jpg]

And this one knows how to play the flute.
[Image: rats1.gif]

And this one works in a little rat brothel. Awwwww.
[Image: rat.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post