Chinese Engineering
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2012, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 08:41 PM by Phaedrus.)
Chinese Engineering
This is the type of shit I have to deal with in my job.

I could write a book on why just this one power supply is an affront to engineers, users, and fucking sentient lifeforms everywhere. If there was a list of things *not* to do in a computer power supply, this would check every single box, and then go on to do cartwheels through a field of feces while shooting a firecracker out its ass.

In short you put this in your PC, and there's 50/50 odds your PC will be dead within a year because the power supply blew up (literally, no joke), or just gave such bad voltage and ripple that it killed your motherboard.

Explanation of "O RLY?" joke. The box says Topower, and Topower is an, eh, ok company that used to build power supplies but now just imports them. They do actually design power supplies, half-decent ones usually though nothing special. In this case, I opened it up and saw "LP-8867" right in front of me. LP-8867 is not a Topower part number. It's a part number belonging to a company called Leadman. Leadman, which holds the record for the second worst power supply ever professionally reviewed. Which happened to be based on the same platform as this shit.

Topower, eh? O RLY?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
07-09-2012, 02:21 AM
RE: Chinese Engineering
Entire Chinese engineering is crap?

[Image: THREE-GORGES-DAM-9.jpg]

Looks pretty good to me.
(Worlds largest hydro damn).

As for the computer parts, should have gone with a corsair...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply