Chinese kids are becoming an indoors geneneration with touch screens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Chinese kids are becoming an indoors geneneration with touch screens
Original link: http://edu.iqilu.com/xqjy/youjiao/201305...6908.shtml

When Chinese generation born in the 1980's become new moms and dads, they use the Talking Tom Cat, Angry Birds and other apps on tablets as kid gloves to placate their children or to make them happy. And over 6 in 10 people in an online survey thought this was already a common phenomenon, which over 80% of them thought they should introduce this kind of devices to kids at a more appropriate age and limit kids' access time to a reasonable level.

What negative impacts these portable devices will have on this new "touch screen generation" is still unclear, but it is certain that they are not good for the children's future development, clearly demonstrated by the nowadays internet-addiction-prone teenagers.

With mortgage and work in mind, many exhausted working parents let apps taking their role in their children's formative education and spend less time in the parent-child communication. It is predictable that in this way , not only many of these kids will develop eye fatigue and further conditions, they will also grow increasingly uncomfortable socializing with others and would rather stay alone, spending more time with the tablets, becoming indoors-children in the end.

A child psychologist suggested that parents should spend more time with their children. Even walking together nearby for some time is better and leaving the kids alone with nobody but the tablets.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
21-05-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: Chinese kids are becoming an indoors geneneration with touch screens
Insert TV with 1000 channels and you have the same thing here in the US. Both our countries thrive on working more hours, as well as Japan I think. I've worked in several diffent countries, some in Asia, and some in Europe. They hated to see us in Europe because we brought working 6 days a week ,12 hrs a day. So they wouldn't get to see their family. They normally work 35 hrs a week.( some a little more, some a little less), and they spend a lot of time with family. It was nice to see.... I'm not sure if worrying about this is just the same ole older generation worrying about the younger generation,, but I wonder how it will affect them in a 100 years..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply