Chinese troops deploying to South Sudan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Chinese troops deploying to South Sudan
Good luck soldiers. Bring home the bacon. And if you see Kony running around tell him I said hi.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30577294

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2014, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 08:46 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Chinese troops deploying to South Sudan
Now the links up:

Okay, I get it.

Good for the Chinese, I guess. I know they are very clearly doing nothing but protecting their own interest in the region, but at least they are trying to look like they can play nice with the rest of the world.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Yeah forgot the link when I first posted, then edited.

'Murican Canadian
28-12-2014, 09:22 AM
And what they're doing is pretty standard for most countries, as far as contributing troops to regions in which they have something at stake. China just hasn't usually been a significant part of international objectives beyond their own borders, even when it is in support of their needs.

They have, however, been pretty involved in South America, sending special operations for the purpose of anti terrorism training, particularly in places that have had a falling out with the U.S. and have turned to China for the military support we used to provide. I'm sure their interest there is at least in part because of the upcoming Nicaraguan canal, which is going to be a much bigger deal as far as balance of power is concerned than most people give it credit for.

Political and economic objectives aside, I hope some form of stability can eventually be achieved in South Sudan. One of those places that's 10 times worse than anywhere else but nobody seems to give a shit about.

'Murican Canadian