Chink in your armor.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
10-03-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: Chink in your armor.
(10-03-2016 06:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Jenn, banjo, girly, my niggas. I love ya guys as much as i can love people on the internet , but have you met me? I am cancer, like 1000 pounds of it. I mean i am still a virgin, because i have the social skills of a trex and the personality of the fedora. I have no redeeming qualities. I have seen girls become lesbians after seeing me. People in general would rather hang out with leather face than me, a chainsaw is less painful than my bullshit. Point is, love that you guys tried but you got me wrong.

Social skills can always be improved. There are books, courses etc. So if you feel your current social skills are holding you back, you can change that if you want to. If you want you can pm me your pic or post it here and I'll let you know if it turns me into a lesbian Tongue I highly highly highly highly doubt that it will. And don't worry about the virgin thing, it really is no big deal. Really. Some women actually like that sort of thing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Dude, I have fucking cancer. Cancer you ain't!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
10-03-2016, 06:57 PM
(10-03-2016 06:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 06:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Jenn, banjo, girly, my niggas. I love ya guys as much as i can love people on the internet , but have you met me? I am cancer, like 1000 pounds of it. I mean i am still a virgin, because i have the social skills of a trex and the personality of the fedora. I have no redeeming qualities. I have seen girls become lesbians after seeing me. People in general would rather hang out with leather face than me, a chainsaw is less painful than my bullshit. Point is, love that you guys tried but you got me wrong.

Social skills can always be improved. There are books, courses etc. So if you feel your current social skills are holding you back, you can change that if you want to. If you want you can pm me your pic or post it here and I'll let you know if it turns me into a lesbian Tongue I highly highly highly highly doubt that it will. And don't worry about the virgin thing, it really is no big deal. Really. Some women actually like that sort of thing.
Nah I wont send you a pic. It also causes horrible diseases, some that have been known to kill. Point is no evidene says i look good, none. I don't do looks subjectivly, i go by facs. And the fact is no woman has ever said i looked good.
10-03-2016, 07:04 PM
(10-03-2016 06:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 06:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Social skills can always be improved. There are books, courses etc. So if you feel your current social skills are holding you back, you can change that if you want to. If you want you can pm me your pic or post it here and I'll let you know if it turns me into a lesbian Tongue I highly highly highly highly doubt that it will. And don't worry about the virgin thing, it really is no big deal. Really. Some women actually like that sort of thing.
Nah I wont send you a pic. It also causes horrible diseases, some that have been known to kill. Point is no evidene says i look good, none. I don't do looks subjectivly, i go by facs. And the fact is no woman has ever said i looked good.

Often the person one is most harsh with is oneself. This is especially true of nice people with high standards who try to better themselves all the time.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-03-2016, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 07:49 PM by carol.)
I am stupidly aggressive under extreme stress- for example, when a man walked into the cafe I was eating lunch at, wearing a ski mask and holding a gun, I jumped up, grabbed the mask and slammed his head into the wall. A different time, I also started beating up a car with four men in it after they tried to kidnap a child. I have had people try to mug me and simply can not stop fighting back...even though I regret it later. I get stupid brave, and then realize after I calm down how I could have died... but at the moment it happens I just don't care- my thought at the time was...the guy was fucking with my lunch and I am eating here...I tend to get that way if something big is happening around me...but am really calm under most situations- and really pretty mellow...except when something very awful happens, ( like people getting shot or something) then I turn into a person who would rather die then put up with it. I actually see red...blood red when that happens. It may kill me some day. I do not think I am quick tempered,but I am certainly strong willed...it is not that I am not frightened, because I am but I just don't care...Evil_monster

I do not do this stuff under normal situations- but if it is life threatening, I go ape shit. Never got into fights , ever- unless someone attacks me. In fight or flight mode, I fight. It always surprises people, because I am calm and kind in most situations. I try hard to be kind...and people misunderstand sometimes and think kindness is weakness...

I am adventurous to a fault, and sometimes wind up in semi dangerous situations, usually when camping or hiking. It seems like a good idea at the time.
[+] 9 users Like carol's post
10-03-2016, 07:37 PM
(10-03-2016 03:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What is the most vulnerable aspect of your personality. What is your weakest area. And I'm not talking about physical stuff like fallen arches or a small dick. I'm talking about personality chinks. Are you short tempered, a braggart, overly protective, not very aggressive and sort of wimpy?

I'm a worrier. I worry about everything. I can't sleep because I worry about stuff and often it's really stupid stuff. I wish I could change but I remain a worrier. I even worry about how worried I get and this is.....well...... worrisome. Blink

You?

I used to be a worrier and it cause some health issues from insomnia and stress and I finally was able to let it go. I made myself stop. On occasion I still have bouts of it, like when I was unemployed for 8 months. I did really well in the beginning but the last two months when I had to start preparing for the worst case scenario it kicked in again for a few weeks. It dissipated a few weeks ago.

My lifelong chink is "being vulnerable to others". I'm not cold or unloving in any way, the opposite actually but I'm always on guard for giving up deeply personal info because I have a hard time with letting people know what I think, only to myself, about me. I have trust issues. Stems from controlling and manipulative parents.

Example: I do not cry in front of others because my mother always said to me when growing up, "you're ugly when you cry". So I see crying as a weakness, shameful thing (for me, not others) and, also according to my parents, you shouldn't allow people to see you emotionally weak. I do cry, like a baby sometimes, just can't hardly ever let someone see me. Again, trust issue.

That's my chink in my emotional armor. I hope you're satisfied NOW! Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
10-03-2016, 07:44 PM
(10-03-2016 07:37 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Example: I do not cry in front of others because my mother always said to me when growing up, "you're ugly when you cry". So I see crying as a weakness (for me, not others) and, also according to my parents, you shouldn't allow people to see you emotionally weak. I do cry, like a baby sometimes, just can't hardly ever let someone see me. Again, trust issue.

I can relate. Both my parents were emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive. Crying was verboten! Period...there was NO reason, ever, for tears. A beating that resulted in tears caused a new round of beating. I learned not to cry. I still fight tears. Not so much tears of sadness but for any other reason I start a dialogue with myself to make the tears stop. I can tolerate insane amounts of physical pain without so much as a single tear welling up. I can't allow it.

Sometimes I think if I actually let myself really cry I would never be able to stop. Undecided

I have had to get past thinking others are weak if they cry. I just haven't made it to the point where I don't think it's weak for me to cry.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-03-2016, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2016 08:00 PM by DLJ.)
(10-03-2016 03:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What is the most vulnerable aspect of your personality. What is your weakest area. And I'm not talking about physical stuff like fallen arches or a small dick. I'm talking about personality chinks. Are you short tempered, a braggart, overly protective, not very aggressive and sort of wimpy?

I'm a worrier. I worry about everything. I can't sleep because I worry about stuff and often it's really stupid stuff. I wish I could change but I remain a worrier. I even worry about how worried I get and this is.....well...... worrisome. Blink

You?

tbh, I'm not sure what you're after.

Armour chinks and personality vulnerabilities: To me, this is about defense mechanisms (or lack of) i.e. where are our psychological weak-spots that allow events or other people's behaviour to get to us? Edit: Carol noted it ... the triggers for flight, fight or freeze.

I don't see how 'worrying' fits that description. Are you saying that other people can easily trigger your worry-spots?

Many have mentioned 'procrastination'. I can understand why some might feel this to be a character flaw but how is it a weak-spot in one's defenses? It is not always a bad thing. The opposite, rashness, can be disastrous.

One of my main character traits, my tendency to over analyse - as demonstrated in this very post - whilst pissing off the more spontaneous of my acquaintances and thus often something for which I am criticised, has been beneficial to numerous employers and clients and to me, financially (and in one or two cases, beneficial to this forum, I hope). Equally, my attempts to be more spontaneous (e.g. in relationships) have invariably led to less than perfect outcomes.

Conversely, my "fuck it! Why not?" moments have also led to the most useful life-lessons.

So, thinking through my catalogue of psychological defects e.g.
... Inability to notice the headline (big print) but first digesting the detail (small print) - literally and figuratively.
... Form-phobia: I get anxious when filling in (or out) forms - one of the reasons I don't have credit cards and why I don't sign up for iTunes or Google or Facebook etc.
... Generally detached and dispassionate
... that'll do - I'm over-analysing again.

These often have beneficial consequences so how can they be armour-chinks?

If I have a chink i.e. an emotional response caused by events or other people's attitude or behaviour it's ... inefficiency!

Not so much observing someone doing something in a relaxed or lazy way; I'm cool with that ... it's more to do with systematic / cultural inefficiency... I've got no problem with bureaucracy per se but inefficient bureaucracy and bureaucracy for bureaucracy's sake Censored Censored Censored

One call! One fucking phone call! That's all it needed to save me waiting all day for that package to arrive and then missing its arrival during the 20 minutes I was finally anxious enough to go down to reception to see if it had arrived!

Bastard!

Angry

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-03-2016, 07:50 PM
(10-03-2016 07:37 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  

You?

I used to be a worrier and it cause some health issues from insomnia and stress and I finally was able to let it go. I made myself stop. On occasion I still have bouts of it, like when I was unemployed for 8 months. I did really well in the beginning but the last two months when I had to start preparing for the worst case scenario it kicked in again for a few weeks. It dissipated a few weeks ago.

My lifelong chink is "being vulnerable to others". I'm not cold or unloving in any way, the opposite actually but I'm always on guard for giving up deeply personal info because I have a hard time with letting people know what I think, only to myself, about me. I have trust issues. Stems from controlling and manipulative parents.

Example: I do not cry in front of others because my mother always said to me when growing up, "you're ugly when you cry". So I see crying as a weakness, shameful thing (for me, not others) and, also according to my parents, you shouldn't allow people to see you emotionally weak. I do cry, like a baby sometimes, just can't hardly ever let someone see me. Again, trust issue.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
10-03-2016, 07:52 PM
:
(10-03-2016 07:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 07:37 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Example: I do not cry in front of others because my mother always said to me when growing up, "you're ugly when you cry". So I see crying as a weakness (for me, not others) and, also according to my parents, you shouldn't allow people to see you emotionally weak. I do cry, like a baby sometimes, just can't hardly ever let someone see me. Again, trust issue.

I can relate. Both my parents were emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive. Crying was verboten! Period...there was NO reason, ever, for tears. A beating that resulted in tears caused a new round of beating. I learned not to cry. I still fight tears. Not so much tears of sadness but for any other reason I start a dialogue with myself to make the tears stop. I can tolerate insane amounts of physical pain without so much as a single tear welling up. I can't allow it.

Sometimes I think if I actually let myself really cry I would never be able to stop. Undecided

I have had to get past thinking others are weak if they cry. I just haven't made it to the point where I don't think it's weak for me to cry.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post