Chink in your armor.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
10-03-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: Chink in your armor.
(10-03-2016 06:11 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Lust. Fortunately I'm not moody or anything about not getting any sex, but lust is still difficult to deal with.

I agree. Sometimes I avoid men because of it. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
10-03-2016, 08:19 PM
(10-03-2016 07:52 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 06:11 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Lust. Fortunately I'm not moody or anything about not getting any sex, but lust is still difficult to deal with.

I agree. Sometimes I avoid men because of it. Sad

Yabut, when you find someone who also lusts after you, sex is ah-mazing Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-03-2016, 08:20 PM
(10-03-2016 03:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What is the most vulnerable aspect of your personality. What is your weakest area. And I'm not talking about physical stuff like fallen arches or a small dick. I'm talking about personality chinks. Are you short tempered, a braggart, overly protective, not very aggressive and sort of wimpy?

I'm a worrier. I worry about everything. I can't sleep because I worry about stuff and often it's really stupid stuff. I wish I could change but I remain a worrier. I even worry about how worried I get and this is.....well...... worrisome. Blink

You?

We have the same chink - that is the same weak spot, not the same slur for a Chinaman. The bright side is that us worriers also produce high quality work, or at least as high as we reasonably can given our abilities. I'm also annoying and correct others when they do something the wrong way. I'm not intentionally annoying. I know I'm annoying, but I care more about honesty and doing things right than feelings. Sorry to everyone who has to deal with me. Hire me though, I'll do good work or die trying.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
10-03-2016, 08:42 PM
(10-03-2016 08:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 03:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What is the most vulnerable aspect of your personality. What is your weakest area. And I'm not talking about physical stuff like fallen arches or a small dick. I'm talking about personality chinks. Are you short tempered, a braggart, overly protective, not very aggressive and sort of wimpy?

I'm a worrier. I worry about everything. I can't sleep because I worry about stuff and often it's really stupid stuff. I wish I could change but I remain a worrier. I even worry about how worried I get and this is.....well...... worrisome. Blink

You?

We have the same chink - that is the same weak spot, not the same slur for a Chinaman. The bright side is that us worriers also produce high quality work, or at least as high as we reasonably can given our abilities. I'm also annoying and correct others when they do something the wrong way. I'm not intentionally annoying. I know I'm annoying, but I care more about honesty and doing things right than feelings. Sorry to everyone who has to deal with me. Hire me though, I'll do good work or die trying.

Yeah, I try to make everything perfect and when it's not I worry about it. This makes me do more work than I probably need to do. It's a double edged sword. I worry but then it drives me to perfection but there's no such thing as perfection so I worry.

But on the plus side I have a great sense of humor. Big Grin Chase

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-03-2016, 08:45 PM
I have a lot of devaluing thoughts about myself running around in my head a great deal of the time, which tremendously lower my self-esteem.
[+] 1 user Likes jariel's post
10-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Quote:My biggest problem as a performer was that I was never able to "push my brand" as it were. I was always too introverted.

I had (have) the exact same problem.
10-03-2016, 08:50 PM
(10-03-2016 08:45 PM)jariel Wrote:  I have a lot of devaluing thoughts about myself running around in my head a great deal of the time, which tremendously lower my self-esteem.

Hug
10-03-2016, 08:53 PM
(10-03-2016 07:05 PM)carol Wrote:  I am stupidly aggressive under extreme stress- for example, when a man walked into the cafe I was eating lunch at, wearing a ski mask and holding a gun, I jumped up, grabbed the mask and slammed his head into the wall. A different time, I also started beating up a car with four men in it after they tried to kidnap a child. I have had people try to mug me and simply can not stop fighting back...even though I regret it later. I get stupid brave, and then realize after I calm down how I could have died... but at the moment it happens I just don't care- my thought at the time was...the guy was fucking with my lunch and I am eating here...I tend to get that way if something big is happening around me...but am really calm under most situations- and really pretty mellow...except when something very awful happens, ( like people getting shot or something) then I turn into a person who would rather die then put up with it. I actually see red...blood red when that happens. It may kill me some day. I do not think I am quick tempered,but I am certainly strong willed...it is not that I am not frightened, because I am but I just don't care...Evil_monster

I do not do this stuff under normal situations- but if it is life threatening, I go ape shit. Never got into fights , ever- unless someone attacks me. In fight or flight mode, I fight. It always surprises people, because I am calm and kind in most situations. I try hard to be kind...and people misunderstand sometimes and think kindness is weakness...

I am adventurous to a fault, and sometimes wind up in semi dangerous situations, usually when camping or hiking. It seems like a good idea at the time.

So... you're a superhero?

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
10-03-2016, 08:58 PM
The best way to build your self-esteem is to find something you are inherently good at. Everyone has at least one thing. Then work on putting your efforts into that and enhancing it. Since you are naturally good at it, have worked to enhance it, you will be better at it than most people, which will help build both your confidence and your self-esteem.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
10-03-2016, 09:01 PM
I hate change... So I usually just toss it out my sunroof at tailgaters.

But seriously, having a chink in your armor isn't the worst thing... They're people too, and usually small enough that they won't ruin your armor if you let them try it out.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post