Chink in your armor.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
11-03-2016, 02:05 AM
RE: Chink in your armor.
I trust people too much. I got burned by a scammer with a sob story last year, sent him a fine Takamine acoustic-electric guitar over his hard luck.

I don't suffer fools kindly. Like Anjele, sarcasm is my sword. When I've got a dumbfuck in front of me it's very hard to not go full laceration. Never go full laceration.

I'm impatient. When I want something, I want it yesterday. If it wasn't here yesterday, perhaps you have a supply-chain problem and would you kindly look the fuck into it?

I've got many, many more flaws. I'm still a pretty good sonofabitch, though, all things considered.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-03-2016, 03:53 AM
I am pretty much weak minded. I have a really hard time saying no to people and when I get into a verbal argument or try to, I don't say what is really on my mind.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
11-03-2016, 04:15 AM
(10-03-2016 11:57 PM)jariel Wrote:  But my negative self-talk tells me I'm a bad, selfish, lazy, unlovable, extremely unattractive person. So down, down, down goes my self-esteem Sad

So, you're a normal musician. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
11-03-2016, 06:27 AM
(10-03-2016 06:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  And the fact is no woman has ever said i looked good.

I have seen plenty of good looking men and I don't recall ever telling one that they looked good. So, don't hold your breath.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
11-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Quote:So, you're a normal musician. Wink

Hahahaha! Exactly! Smile Smile
11-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Quote:Have you ever tried to talk to a therapist about it? Maybe what you are dealing with is more than just low self-esteem. I'm sorry you are struggling with all of that though Hug

Aw, thanks for the hug! I needed that. Smile Yes, it is more than just low self-esteem. Complex PTSD, treatment-resistant depression and panic disorder. I've been in therapy and on antidepressant meds for quite a while. Those negative self-thoughts are REALLY hard to turn more positive. Sort of related to "Does one choose one's beliefs?" I've ALWAYS found it pretty much impossible to believe what I simply don't believe, no matter how much I've wanted to believe whatever it is I don't believe.
11-03-2016, 09:03 AM
(11-03-2016 06:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 06:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  And the fact is no woman has ever said i looked good.

I have seen plenty of good looking men and I don't recall ever telling one that they looked good. So, don't hold your breath.

Zeke you're friggin NINETEEN! You have so so much time to get laid. And you're an intelligent boyo who's nuts about biology and (at least used to be) into martial arts. You are *guaranteed* to get laid if you're patient.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-03-2016, 12:48 PM
(10-03-2016 09:01 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I hate change... So I usually just toss it out my sunroof at tailgaters.

But seriously, having a chink in your armor isn't the worst thing... They're people too, and usually small enough that they won't ruin your armor if you let them try it out.

Facepalm .......oh boy LOL
11-03-2016, 02:00 PM
(10-03-2016 03:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What is the most vulnerable aspect of your personality. What is your weakest area. And I'm not talking about physical stuff like fallen arches or a small dick. I'm talking about personality chinks. Are you short tempered, a braggart, overly protective, not very aggressive and sort of wimpy?

I have either no chill or infinite chill. I either give no fucks or all the fucks. I am either completely uptight (as you see on this forum) or completely irreverent.

I don't know why this forum in particular is one of the places where I go into full formal mode. It just is. It's why I don't use the like system, crack too many jokes, or anything like that - though I've been making a conscious effort recently to do just that.

Also, people with condescending attitudes get right up my nose, no matter the context. Which is probably incredibly hypocritical of me, but there you go.

EDIT: Oh, and outside of the internet, I am terrible with women, mostly because I'm terrible at reading people (Asperger's, formally diagnosed and all) and tend to miss social cues. I make friends easily once I know that someone is open to making friends, but you basically have to hit me over the head with a cinderblock to get the message through. Ditto for romantic interest. So I tend towards social isolation, whether I want it or not.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 6 users Like Unbeliever's post
11-03-2016, 02:07 PM
(11-03-2016 02:00 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 03:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What is the most vulnerable aspect of your personality. What is your weakest area. And I'm not talking about physical stuff like fallen arches or a small dick. I'm talking about personality chinks. Are you short tempered, a braggart, overly protective, not very aggressive and sort of wimpy?

I have either no chill or infinite chill. I either give no fucks or all the fucks. I am either completely uptight (as you see on this forum) or completely irreverent.

I don't know why this forum in particular is one of the places where I go into full formal mode. It just is. It's why I don't use the like system, crack too many jokes, or anything like that - though I've been making a conscious effort recently to do just that.

Also, people with condescending attitudes get right up my nose, no matter the context. Which is probably incredibly hypocritical of me, but there you go.

EDIT: Oh, and outside of the internet, I am terrible with women, mostly because I'm terrible at reading people (Asperger's, formally diagnosed and all) and tend to miss social cues. I make friends easily once I know that someone is open to making friends, but you basically have to hit me over the head with a cinderblock to get the message through. Ditto for romantic interest. So I tend towards social isolation, whether I want it or not.

Been there, done that. Got the Seroquel to prove it.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post