Chiropractors and spine adjustments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Chiropractors and spine adjustments
It would be impossible (IMO) to "sort out" any benefits of plain ole massage, (which MD's order all the time by PT's ..."heat and massage"..how many times have we seen that?),, and the benefits of "therapeutic touch". I think many people live such isolated lives, just having someone gently touch them, has a subliminal benefit. If that's "woo" so be it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2013, 11:40 PM
(29-09-2013 08:30 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  What the fuckin' 'ell is "woo"?

What ever happened to good old fashioned "bollocks" and "bullshit"?
I think the phrase "woo-woo" was coined by Michael Shermer.

Science is dissecting the sacred cow.[Image: smartass.gif]
29-09-2013, 11:57 PM
(10-09-2013 06:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have gotten pain relief from neck/spine manipulation by a chiropractor.

The rest is pure woo.

I used to throw my back out constantly, so much that I couldn't walk sometimes, even for a few days. Turns out I have super tight hamstrings to the point it pulls my back muscles. Nerves would pinch, etc. now through physical therapy and a trainer I just stretch a lot (have gotten quite a bit more flexible) and I've had nearly zero bad back problems. I'm curious if you just need to stretch it out vs. an actual 'alignment adjusting'.

(29-09-2013 05:19 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  http://m.smh.com.au/national/health/call...2ul6e.html

Sad and scary.
30-09-2013, 03:17 AM
(29-09-2013 05:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  An older neighbor of ours when I was growing up also bought into the same chiropractor's spiel. She weighed entirely too much and the stress of all that weight was contributing to the deterioration of her knees, ankles, and hips. I am sure there were other issues like high BP. Not once did he suggest a healthier lifestyle and some weight loss. He even came to her house frequently with his little machines and to adjust her neck. After adjusting her neck one day, she died within about an hour.

Said chiropractor quickly packed up his family, closed his office, and moved to South America somewhere. Never did find out how many other elderly people he 'helped' but he sure helped himself to their money.

How do you know this (the bolded part) to be true? Where you privy to every chiropractic session this woman had with this chiropractor?

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
30-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Because her husband and daughter told our family. Their daughter worked for my dad.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-11-2013, 08:53 AM
(10-09-2013 10:25 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Spinal manipulation has been shown to relieve low back pain. But this can be done by a physical therapist (someone with actual medical training). All other health claims made by chiropractors are bunk.

I would agree. Many claims are bunk. They can't cure diesase, cannot do a lot they do. They can relive pain in some areas. When I hurt my neck and had a bad pinched nerve, the treatment did help and that is where I leave it.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user