Chistmas Music

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2010, 09:28 AM

Chistmas Music
I love it! I completely see the disconnect here, but I just love Christmas Music secular, and Christian alike. It calms me, and makes me happy. I don't in Jesus any more than Santa Claus, but I love the whole holiday. I even love the Religous symbols, and stories i.e. the manger scene, and the birth story. Anyone else feel this way despite being an atheist?
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2010, 09:52 AM
RE: Chistmas Music
I still celebrate christmas. For me it's not a celebration of the birth of christ so much as a celebration of family. With christmas comes the music, the symbols, and all the other stuff that I was raised with. I enjoy it all, and don't feel the least bit hypocritical, since I am not following religion so much as following family tradition.

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't like christmas music... Maybe it's because I get sick of the melodies over a month before christmas because of commercials. They start advertising christmas products in the the end of October!
But this year might be different, 'cause I don't watch commercial TV anymore, not even when extremely bored.

By the way, around where Jesus ''was born'', isn't there cold in winters? I'm just thinking of the herdsmen who went to see Jesus...

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
05-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:By the way, around where Jesus ''was born'', isn't there cold in winters? I'm just thinking of the herdsmen who went to see Jesus...

Well, the mideast tends not to be as cold so that is easily explained. However, Christmas is not celebrated in December because there is any biblical evidence that Jesus was born at that time of year. That date was chosen by the early Christians to conincide with the Pagan holiday celebrating the winter solstice. The holiday existed previously and the name was just changed to protect the innocent (or is it the guilty?).

Similar with Easter, which coincides with the Equinox. Even the name "Easter" comes from the Pagan Goddess "Esther" (Goddess of fertility I think) and the eggs are also a Pagan symbol, not a Christian symbol.

Oh, I'm indifferent to Xmas music, but I like the time of year. I'm happiest from fall until New years. Then I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get back out on my bike.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Although I like some Christmas music, I sure do get tired of it by the end of the season.
I also like some other religious music, basically because of the tune and rhythm; I just ignore the words. "I'll Fly Away", which is bluegrass gospel song is a fave.
05-11-2010, 04:59 PM

See I don't listen to radio other than talk radio. All my Christmas music is on my Ipod. I have over 700 Christmas songs! It's sort of my own radio station with only music I like, no commercials, and veto power over any particular song LOL.
05-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I don't like christmas songs and I don't care for the traditional meaning of christmas. I like the holiday and getting together with family. I would like the true history of christmas taught in schools so that children will know it was a pagan solstice holiday before christianity added their bullshit to it.

I believe it was Roman Emporor Constantine who, in the third or fourth century, set the date of christmas on the same day as the birthday of the god Mithra.
06-11-2010, 05:42 AM

I too would like to see the solsti and equinoxes taught in greater detail as the impact these times had on ancient civilizations is really interesting.
20-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Does antichristmas music count? :3

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
20-11-2010, 03:36 PM

I like Christmas music too.
Click him>>> [Image: 22.gif]