Choices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2014, 11:07 AM
RE: Choices
(01-11-2014 10:19 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 10:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps you missed my point.

The thread title is "Choices". In your use of the word "decisions", you seem to referring to conscious choices.

And yup, aborigines are also influenced by zeitgeist. Don't cherry-pick. Bad form, ol' boy.

Dodgy

We have a choice, in every choice before us... Im afraid its not me missing the point. Name one instance where you don't have a choice to make... your decision is therefore your individual choice regarding the choices before you.

Im afraid you cant produce any instance where you don't have a choice, and you cant show how these personal choices don't define us. You will for instance, choose to either ignore this post, or address it. Youre pretty good at talking back when talked to so I choose to talk to you as well, and I choose then to predict that youll respond by choice. Smile

On the other hand maybe I made the wrong "choice" and you perhaps you ARE "choosing" to ignore my last post Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 11:31 AM
(01-11-2014 10:19 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 10:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps you missed my point.

The thread title is "Choices". In your use of the word "decisions", you seem to referring to conscious choices.

And yup, aborigines are also influenced by zeitgeist. Don't cherry-pick. Bad form, ol' boy.

Dodgy

We have a choice, in every choice before us... Im afraid its not me missing the point. Name one instance where you don't have a choice to make... your decision is therefore your individual choice regarding the choices before you.

Im afraid you cant produce any instance where you don't have a choice, and you cant show how these personal choices don't define us. You will for instance, choose to either ignore this post, or address it. Youre pretty good at talking back when talked to so I choose to talk to you as well, and I choose then to predict that youll respond by choice. Smile

Can't I?

The parents I was born to.
The country I was born in.
The siblings I had.
The genes I developed
The schools I was sent to.
The other schoolchildren who were at those schools.
yawn!
The languages that surrounded me in my early years.
The television channels available to me in my early years.
The scientific advances that had been made before I was born.

Need I go on?

Smartass

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
01-11-2014, 11:32 AM
(01-11-2014 11:07 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  ...
On the other hand maybe I made the wrong "choice" and you perhaps you ARE "choosing" to ignore my last post Wink

Nope. Just choosing which girl to have sex with before crashing for the night.

1:30am here, my friend.

Drinking Beverage

01-11-2014, 12:52 PM
(01-11-2014 09:25 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 10:14 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  If you don't retain your identity, the whole concept of an afterlife is meaningless. You are either seriously confused, or you are doing a very bad job of getting your point across. There is no evidence for any afterlife. We don't need any "valid test" to determine that. We tend not to believe things for which there is no evidence, regardless of how nice it would be if they were true.

Quite the contrary, there exists tons of evidence which you choose to either embrace or not. There is more evidence for "God Created" than the big bang and string theory, yet Id bet you believe in the later and not the former.

Please present your evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Today i saw some idiot holding up a sign on the side of the road quoting Leviticus. I "chose" to give him the finger.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
01-11-2014, 03:01 PM
(01-11-2014 09:34 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Start the thread... me and you, 1 on 1 with no one else. I will defend Genesis 1 you will defend the big bang and string. We will show:

1) Which has been most tested in the scientific sense

2) Which fared better in testing

3) Which is then the superior set of theories

You have shown yourself to be incapable of comprehending what is being said in any paper or article about science. You read articles and whatever it says you pathologically believe that it agrees with you.
01-11-2014, 05:05 PM
(01-11-2014 03:01 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 09:34 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Start the thread... me and you, 1 on 1 with no one else. I will defend Genesis 1 you will defend the big bang and string. We will show:

1) Which has been most tested in the scientific sense

2) Which fared better in testing

3) Which is then the superior set of theories

You have shown yourself to be incapable of comprehending what is being said in any paper or article about science. You read articles and whatever it says you pathologically believe that it agrees with you.

yes of course the translation of that is you know you don't have what it takes to meet the debate, and don't want to be shown up by the theist Smile
01-11-2014, 05:06 PM
(01-11-2014 12:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 09:25 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Quite the contrary, there exists tons of evidence which you choose to either embrace or not. There is more evidence for "God Created" than the big bang and string theory, yet Id bet you believe in the later and not the former.

Please present your evidence.

you can TRUST im VERY happy to present it... as soon as one of these folk who think they know science take me up on it in a one on one debate that cant be spammed sure Wink
01-11-2014, 05:07 PM
(01-11-2014 11:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 11:07 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  ...

Nope. Just choosing which girl to have sex with before crashing for the night.

1:30am here, my friend.

Drinking Beverage

You didn't choose them all? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Wolfbitn's post
01-11-2014, 05:10 PM
(01-11-2014 05:06 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 12:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please present your evidence.

you can TRUST im VERY happy to present it... as soon as one of these folk who think they know science take me up on it in a one on one debate that cant be spammed sure Wink

Why is the answer to that request invariably "Later" or "When you meet my conditions"? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user