13-12-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Choking on the Beneficence of Christianity
Pray to FSM and he'll throw you an inflatable noodle Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
13-12-2016, 08:57 PM
(13-12-2016 05:07 PM)cvgworker Wrote:  I am drowning in a sea of theism, and I can't take it anymore!!!Censored

Welcome. I, too, am from the American deep south. Undecided

Don't worry. TTA is a haven where the people are rational and the theists are the minority, suited for entertainment. We call them "chew toys".

I am a little curious why you chose the term "beneficence" of Christianity. It has been my experience that in most cases (at least, most of those which atheists tend to find annoying), they're violating Matthew 6:5-7, and doing good works for others to see... or actively trying to "save" you even when you make it clear that you are neither in need nor want of saving from their imaginary concepts. The actually-beneficent Christians, I think, are our natural allies, quietly doing good deeds and trying to help others and to not judge, as commanded by (some of) their scriptures.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
13-12-2016, 09:01 PM
(13-12-2016 05:07 PM)cvgworker Wrote:  I am drowning in a sea of theism, and I can't take it anymore!!!Censored

Hi! I'm one of the local theists here. Welcome to TTA! (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.) I'm sure you'll find that there is community of like-minded people who can converse with and vent. Smile
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
13-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I suppose I should have been more specific. Sorry, Aliza (also KC and Shai Hulud, if you're watching this thread too).

We actually have some quite rational, "natural allies"-type theists who frequent this board. Perhaps they'll help remind you that not all theists are irrational irritants. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-12-2016, 02:04 PM
In response to the accusation by a Christian, in another thread, that we were just "spoiled brats" who refused to learn scripture in order to agree with said Christian, which was ironically posted in response to criticism of his ideas BY a Christian (hats off to you, Shai Hulud), I'd like to post the following in this thread, to demonstrate my outlook on the subject of theists. I don't think it can be pointed out often enough:

[Image: 2zgyant.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post