Chomsky

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2017, 07:01 AM
RE: Chomsky
(21-09-2017 06:45 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(21-09-2017 05:26 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  It's disgusting to see what has become of the Democratic party.
It was the party of labor. The working class. Blue collar.
Now it's become the granola party. Fruits and nuts.
Whinny little bitches. Blaming everybody else and whining about how unfair everything is.
And waging their fingers at everybody. Arrogant little piss ants.
And consequently we've watched an entire segment of American society who for generations were democrats recoil in horror and move to the right.

I have no idea why you are trying to sell hatred of Democrats at this forum. You are painting millions of Americans with a very broad brush.

Because I've watched the Democratic party being destroyed and it's entire traditional base move en mass to the right.
My family were democrats for generations. That was before the invasion of the body snatchers.
And smell your own shit.
Take a look at the dialog about the Republicans on the this site.
Get over it.
I'm just not being diplomatic in pointing out that the party has been reduced to "identity politics".
That is synonymous IMO with "Whinny little bitches. Blaming everybody else and whining about how unfair everything is.
And waging their fingers at everybody."

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2017, 08:13 AM
(21-09-2017 07:01 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(21-09-2017 06:45 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I have no idea why you are trying to sell hatred of Democrats at this forum. You are painting millions of Americans with a very broad brush.

Because I've watched the Democratic party being destroyed and it's entire traditional base move en mass to the right.

I'm just not being diplomatic in pointing out that the party has been reduced to "identity politics".

No, you are being grossly inaccurate and unfair. Read the Democratic platform.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/papers_pdf/117717.pdf
21-09-2017, 09:04 AM
(21-09-2017 08:13 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(21-09-2017 07:01 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Because I've watched the Democratic party being destroyed and it's entire traditional base move en mass to the right.

No, you are being grossly inaccurate and unfair. Read the Democratic platform.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/papers_pdf/117717.pdf

I don't give a wet fart about the democratic platform.
It means as much as the bullshit coming out of Obama or Hillary's lying fucking yaps.
When have they ever lived up to their platform?
It's written by focus groups crunching numbers.
It's a strategy not a belief.

[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
21-09-2017, 10:35 AM
(21-09-2017 07:01 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Because I've watched the Democratic party being destroyed and it's entire traditional base move en mass to the right.

They're no different than any other successful political party -- they go where the votes are. They moved right to chase votes, and in that sense, their intellectual bankruptcy can be laid at the feet of voters who have lapped up the politics of anecdote and ideology without pausing to think for themselves.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
21-09-2017, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2017 11:18 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(21-09-2017 09:04 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  I don't give a wet fart about the democratic platform.
It means as much as the bullshit coming out of Obama or Hillary's lying fucking yaps.

Bullshit yourself!

You are a cynical liar and verbally abusive. And you're on ignore.
Angry
21-09-2017, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2017 11:23 AM by BikerDude.)
(21-09-2017 10:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

They're no different than any other successful political party -- they go where the votes are. They moved right to chase votes, and in that sense, their intellectual bankruptcy can be laid at the feet of voters who have lapped up the politics of anecdote and ideology without pausing to think for themselves.

The big thing is that after they opened the door to shipping US jobs offshore and corporations totally dismantled labor unions they followed the money. The Unions were decimated so they just went for the same wall street and corporate money as the right. But the fucking bitches kept talking the talk. Making promises like they were the party of Steel Workers or some shit.
Broken fucking promises and at this point anybody that doesn't face the looming reality of that has fully and completely drunk the coolaid and I have a bridge to sell you. This delusion on the part of the left is every bit as bad as those on the right who will continue to bang the drum for our lyer in chief no matter how he breaks promises and fucks them.
It's not idiot voters or lying fucking politicians. It's both.
But at this point the cynicism in the way voters are played has become status quo.
IMO it's time for people to stop settling for it and call it like it is.

[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
21-09-2017, 11:24 AM
(21-09-2017 11:12 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(21-09-2017 09:04 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  I don't give a wet fart about the democratic platform.

Bullshit yourself!

Angry

That's weak sauce.
21-09-2017, 11:24 AM
(21-09-2017 11:12 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

Bullshit yourself!

Angry

Well!
Heavens to Bettsy!

21-09-2017, 11:28 AM
(21-09-2017 10:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

No the rhetoric of the Democratic party didn't move right.
That would have been honest. They kept talking the language of liberalism to get votes and doing the work of corporations.
It was the traditional Democratic voters that went right.
Abandoned the party.
The blue collar that used to make up the bulk of the Democratic voting base.
And in there place whinny little bitches playing identity politics.

21-09-2017, 11:37 AM
(21-09-2017 11:19 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(21-09-2017 10:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  They're no different than any other successful political party -- they go where the votes are. They moved right to chase votes, and in that sense, their intellectual bankruptcy can be laid at the feet of voters who have lapped up the politics of anecdote and ideology without pausing to think for themselves.

The big thing is that after they opened the door to shipping US jobs offshore and corporations totally dismantled labor unions they followed the money. The Unions were decimated so they just went for the same wall street and corporate money as the right. But the fucking bitches kept talking the talk. Making promises like they were the party of Steel Workers or some shit.
Broken fucking promises and at this point anybody that doesn't face the looming reality of that has fully and completely drunk the coolaid and I have a bridge to sell you. This delusion on the part of the left is every bit as bad as those on the right who will continue to bang the drum for our lyer in chief no matter how he breaks promises and fucks them.
It's not idiot voters or lying fucking politicians. It's both.
But at this point the cynicism in the way voters are played has become status quo.
IMO it's time for people to stop settling for it and call it like it is.

I agree, except that it's long past time. But the American public, in general, is enamored with cell-phones and Game of Thrones and whose car is the newest model. It doesn't seem to distress most Americans that twice in the last seventeen years their public will has been thwarted by a body designed in part to do exactly that.