Choose Your Own Adventure
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
29-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Choose Your Own Adventure
I used to love these books when I was little:

[Image: header-choose-your-own-adventure-movie-i...opment.jpg]

If you are unfamiliar with them, basically you read a chapter or so and then at the end, it will give you two or three options of adventures to choose from, and based on which adventure you choose, the story continues. So in keeping with this, I thought it would be fun to try it on here.

I'll start with a mini story and 2-3 adventures to choose from, then the next person chooses an adventure option and writes a mini story based on it and the gives two to three adventure options to choose from and so on...

So here goes...

You wake up unaware of your surroundings. You do not know where you are or how you got there. You're in a tiny room with a closed door and one window. You get up and look out the window to see if you recognize anything. You don't. All you see is an endless array of trees. You hear two people talking outside the door. You don't recognize the voices. You see the doorknob slowly start to turn...

Choose you adventure:

Option 1: You pretend you are still passed out.

Option 2: You find something to use as a weapon to try and overpower the two people coming in.

Option 3: You climb out the window and try and take your chances in the wilderness with no supplies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
29-06-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: Choose Your Own Adventure
Oh this could be fun.

I choose 3.

As the knob slowly rattles and clicks, you jump over the window sill and claw against the mossy stone abutment. As you descend the haphazardly mortared stones, you hear an indignant "They were here a second ago!"

As you near the ground, you see a stable to the left, with a calm stallion winnying into the chilled, dewy morning air, and to your right, a vast, bushy array of foliage and teeming undergrowth.

You realize you have only two options for escape.

1) Attempt to steal a horse and ride off quickly down a relatively open and hilly dirt pathway. Figure out why you had been subdued later.
2) Creep into the foliage and either leave using stealth, or maybe, find out who your usurpers were.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
29-06-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Choose Your Own Adventure
(29-06-2017 01:08 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  Oh this could be fun.

I choose 3.

As the knob slowly rattles and clicks, you jump over the window sill and claw against the mossy stone abutment. As you descend the haphazardly mortared stones, you hear an indignant "They were here a second ago!"

As you near the ground, you see a stable to the left, with a calm stallion winnying into the chilled, dewy morning air, and to your right, a vast, bushy array of foliage and teeming undergrowth.

You realize you have only two options for escape.

1) Attempt to steal a horse and ride off quickly down a relatively open and hilly dirt pathway. Figure out why you had been subdued later.
2) Creep into the foliage and either leave using stealth, or maybe, find out who your usurpers were.

You figure there's no time to get to the horse and you also have no way of knowing if there's another person in the stable. You run as fast as you can into the deepness of the woods unsure of where you are headed, but you don't care you just want away from those people. As you make your way, running aimlessly about, you hear the two men running close behind you. You breathlessly run and run and come to a clearing where you hear running water. You see a cliff with water gurgling below. It's a pretty big drop.

1) Jump and hope you survive the fall
2) Find a place to hide.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: Choose Your Own Adventure
*Also if two people end up posting at the same time, the next person just picks whichever post they want in terms of how the story unfolds.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: Choose Your Own Adventure
(29-06-2017 02:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 01:08 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  Oh this could be fun.

I choose 3.

As the knob slowly rattles and clicks, you jump over the window sill and claw against the mossy stone abutment. As you descend the haphazardly mortared stones, you hear an indignant "They were here a second ago!"

As you near the ground, you see a stable to the left, with a calm stallion winnying into the chilled, dewy morning air, and to your right, a vast, bushy array of foliage and teeming undergrowth.

You realize you have only two options for escape.

1) Attempt to steal a horse and ride off quickly down a relatively open and hilly dirt pathway. Figure out why you had been subdued later.
2) Creep into the foliage and either leave using stealth, or maybe, find out who your usurpers were.

You figure there's no time to get to the horse and you also have no way of knowing if there's another person in the stable. You run as fast as you can into the deepness of the woods unsure of where you are headed, but you don't care you just want away from those people. As you make your way, running aimlessly about, you hear the two men running close behind you. You breathlessly run and run and come to a clearing where you hear running water. You see a cliff with water gurgling below. It's a pretty big drop.

1) Jump and hope you survive the fall
2) Find a place to hide.

I choose one.

You leap into the shallow current below, breaking your neck.

The end. Back to page one.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
29-06-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Choose Your Own Adventure
(29-06-2017 05:57 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 02:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You figure there's no time to get to the horse and you also have no way of knowing if there's another person in the stable. You run as fast as you can into the deepness of the woods unsure of where you are headed, but you don't care you just want away from those people. As you make your way, running aimlessly about, you hear the two men running close behind you. You breathlessly run and run and come to a clearing where you hear running water. You see a cliff with water gurgling below. It's a pretty big drop.

1) Jump and hope you survive the fall
2) Find a place to hide.

I choose one.

You leap into the shallow current below, breaking your neck.

The end. Back to page one.

Dodgy Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: Choose Your Own Adventure
Then you realize after you jumped that you only thought that you broke your neck, really it was just a light sprain Wink So there you are floating down the current and you spot a branch which you grab onto. You realize the current will actually and naturally drag you further away from the people who are after you. At the same time, there is the potential the currents could worsen and you could drown.

Option 1: You continue on floating with the current.

Option 2: You try to swim to shore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-06-2017, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2017 11:23 PM by Cosmo.)
RE: Choose Your Own Adventure
@old man marsh

That was actually so funny. Laugh out load

@Jennybee

I'll try to keep this going for a bit. When I was young I used to do written roleplay, so this is a bit of nostalgia for me. Smile

I choose 1.

Hesitantly your hand unclasps the branch, and the mighty current rushes over you. All sound is overwhelmed by the churning of unwavering energy as a mighty downcurrent pulls you into the water's depths. The air is snatched from your lungs. Your feet scrape over rocks and boulders and your arms flail frantically as you fight to get to air.

To no avail.

Panic besets you. Your heart begins to beat fast and loud like a thrashing drum.

Your lungs fight the urge to inhale the water. If you inhale the water, you know it is over. But you must. Perhaps it won't hurt as much as your mind now hopelessly thinks it will.

It is only as you take your first breath of icy liquid, like knives to the whole of your chest, that a thunderous force begins to pull you down yet further. Your semi-consciousness notices that the breath of water has become interspersed with glorious tufts of air, and that you're falling... And falling, and falling.

A waterfall.

With a tremendous thud, you hit the basin below. The roaring of water dissipates, and then there is nothing; no water, no trees, no room, no amnesia, no chase, no anything.

There is only black timelessness. It passes not as a dream, but quite simply, as vacuous nothing. You do not wonder if it will be broken, because you cannot wonder.

And yet it breaks over the small sound of chirping birds. You do not stir. You only let the wind lap over you with the now tranquil water. And then you are overwhelmed by life, snatching yourself from the hands of death as you rise and spill inhaled water all over a leafy shore. Your whole body convulses. Your arms cannot hold you up. You roll over onto your back, and breathe the most lovely breaths of air which you have ever before breathed; your psyche demanding that you let the pain dissipate. As you lay on the ground, beneath a sky of clouds and rustling leaves, regaining your consciousness and reclaiming your life, you ponder at why you had been in an unfamiliar room, with entirely unfamiliar and seemingly malicious people.

Knowing innately of your own resourcefulness you realize that you need to make an important choice after a long moments rest.

1) Turn back, use the forest to your advantage and find out more about your kidnappers.

2) Escape into the forest and go from there.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
01-07-2017, 04:40 AM
RE: Choose Your Own Adventure
(30-06-2017 11:12 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  @old man marsh

That was actually so funny. Laugh out load

@Jennybee

I'll try to keep this going for a bit. When I was young I used to do written roleplay, so this is a bit of nostalgia for me. Smile

I choose 1.

Hesitantly your hand unclasps the branch, and the mighty current rushes over you. All sound is overwhelmed by the churning of unwavering energy as a mighty downcurrent pulls you into the water's depths. The air is snatched from your lungs. Your feet scrape over rocks and boulders and your arms flail frantically as you fight to get to air.

To no avail.

Panic besets you. Your heart begins to beat fast and loud like a thrashing drum.

Your lungs fight the urge to inhale the water. If you inhale the water, you know it is over. But you must. Perhaps it won't hurt as much as your mind now hopelessly thinks it will.

It is only as you take your first breath of icy liquid, like knives to the whole of your chest, that a thunderous force begins to pull you down yet further. Your semi-consciousness notices that the breath of water has become interspersed with glorious tufts of air, and that you're falling... And falling, and falling.

A waterfall.

With a tremendous thud, you hit the basin below. The roaring of water dissipates, and then there is nothing; no water, no trees, no room, no amnesia, no chase, no anything.

There is only black timelessness. It passes not as a dream, but quite simply, as vacuous nothing. You do not wonder if it will be broken, because you cannot wonder.

And yet it breaks over the small sound of chirping birds. You do not stir. You only let the wind lap over you with the now tranquil water. And then you are overwhelmed by life, snatching yourself from the hands of death as you rise and spill inhaled water all over a leafy shore. Your whole body convulses. Your arms cannot hold you up. You roll over onto your back, and breathe the most lovely breaths of air which you have ever before breathed; your psyche demanding that you let the pain dissipate. As you lay on the ground, beneath a sky of clouds and rustling leaves, regaining your consciousness and reclaiming your life, you ponder at why you had been in an unfamiliar room, with entirely unfamiliar and seemingly malicious people.

Knowing innately of your own resourcefulness you realize that you need to make an important choice after a long moments rest.

1) Turn back, use the forest to your advantage and find out more about your kidnappers.

2) Escape into the forest and go from there.

That was great! Smile

I choose 2. You are cold, tired, and hungry. You continue to make your way through the forest until you come to a little run down shack in the woods. You see a little white-haired lady who is tending to her garden. She looks friendly enough. But what if she knows your captors and hands you over to them? Or what if your presence there puts her in danger?

Option 1 Approach the lady and ask for food and supples and a safe place to rest.

Option 2 Keep going until you are further away and with distance, find a safer place to stop and rest.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
Post Reply
Forum Jump: