Choose a superpower. But...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2017, 09:42 PM
RE: Choose a superpower. But...
To get this back on track I'll do both of you.

(29-04-2017 08:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The ability to use a magic lasso (lasso of truth) like Wonder Woman Big Grin

But it'll sometimes randomly turn into a snake temporarily.

(29-04-2017 08:36 PM)JesseB Wrote:  But... as for powers.... teleportation I think.

But you cannot decide where you land.

My power would be shapeshifting into animals like Beast Boy.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
29-04-2017, 10:26 PM
(29-04-2017 09:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  To get this back on track I'll do both of you.

(29-04-2017 08:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The ability to use a magic lasso (lasso of truth) like Wonder Woman Big Grin

(29-04-2017 08:36 PM)JesseB Wrote:  But... as for powers.... teleportation I think.

Only at the zoo.

I wanna do THE largest farts EVER heard.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-04-2017, 10:32 PM
(29-04-2017 09:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  To get this back on track I'll do both of you.

Hmmm... fun I'm game. Question.... how dangerous does this power that I can't control get? Will I be dropped into the core of the planet and die if I use it? Cause if so.... well I'll prolly just be a normal person. But if it randomly pops me into semi dangerous situations, I might still use it.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
29-04-2017, 10:34 PM
My other point is, I don't really want super powers that much. I would like to be attractive though. That would be really nice.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
29-04-2017, 11:29 PM
(26-04-2017 03:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 02:50 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  The ability to maniplate gravity...
But only with falling apples.

Special Agent Jack Bauer's blood ran cold at the sight of the Granny Smith teetering on the edge of the table. The remotely controlled pusher was instants from nudging it over. He dove, knowing that he couldn't possibly stop it. Somehow he managed to get his hand under the apple. Not that it mattered. Accelerating at trillions of gees, the apple tore through the sinew and bone of Jack's hand like an artillery shell through a wet paper bag. There was no pain. There was no time. Nanoseconds later the bolt of plasma that had been an apple struck the floor at a respectable fraction of the speed of light. The collection of atoms that had once been Jack Bauer were swept up in the rapidly expanding fireball and lifted skyward.

(29-04-2017 12:21 PM)kim Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 12:04 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  The ability to teleport other people and objects to alternate realities.
But only while standing naked in front of them.

Niki was sure he was going crazy. He'd turned at the sound of a commotion at the front of the crowd. Bystanders were pushing away and the city police were rushing forward. Eldritch violet lightning flickered over them and they vanished. He snapped his assault rifle up and sighted it on... a naked white man?!? There was a flash of violet and Niki had barely avoided shooting a bewildered policeman. Gone were the streets of St. Petersburg. Instead a bitingly cold wind blew across a frozen wasteland. There was a crackiling, sizzling noise and Niki turned in time to see the President's limousine appear. Somewhere in the snows a beast that no human had never named howled at the scent of their flesh.

(29-04-2017 06:58 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 05:30 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  The power to make others answer all questions honestly and completely.
Everyone you know begins to resent and avoid you because they find they cannot hide anything from your prying eyes. Your reputation is tarnished bit by bit because you are unable to control your incessant truth-seeking; you eventually find yourself with no friends, estranged from your family, and are condemned to live in isolation for the rest of your days with no one to keep you company but your books and your animal companions.

You really think so? I'm betting they'd make me the "star" of the most horrific reality TV show ever. The presidential debates would never be the same. I'd almost certainly be assassinated pretty quickly, assuming DARPA didn't scoop me up and vivisect me. A bad end no matter what. Mind you, if you leveraged yourself into the right position you could take an awful lot of politicians and world leaders with you.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
30-04-2017, 01:08 AM
(29-04-2017 10:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Only at the zoo.

I wanna do THE largest farts EVER heard.

But only when noones around, they don't smell, so there's no evidence and you're deaf. And you die after you do your 10th one. A horrible horrible death too, where you literally fart your insides out.

I wish I had the power to not have to be creative when picking a power.
30-04-2017, 01:23 AM
filler

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
30-04-2017, 04:06 AM
(29-04-2017 08:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 07:59 PM)ImFred Wrote:  But no one will let you out of the "friend zone" (no friends with benefits)

The ability to make anyone have an earth shattering orgasm

But you can never have one.

The ability to use a magic lasso (lasso of truth) like Wonder Woman Big Grin

Your aim is terrible and you keep lassoing random bystanders.

Ability to reprogram computers with your mind...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-04-2017, 05:56 AM
(30-04-2017 04:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ability to reprogram computers with your mind...

But only if they use OS/2 Warp.

Can tailor my gaseous emissions to have all kinds of narcotic, deadly or healing effects ...
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
30-04-2017, 11:26 AM
(30-04-2017 05:56 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(30-04-2017 04:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ability to reprogram computers with your mind...

But only if they use OS/2 Warp.

Can tailor my gaseous emissions to have all kinds of narcotic, deadly or healing effects ...

But those farts only work on world leaders.

The ability to "know" where lost people (living/dead) or objects might be.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein