Choose to be gay? Faggot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Choose to be gay? Faggot!
Sexual preference is somewhat negotiable at some point somehow for most people, given the context. Now, what gender we find is our best match for a serious relationship is the question.
It all comes down to identity, somehow... I've met deadly open and close minded people of all kinds of gender and preference
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Choose to be gay? Faggot!
(12-05-2013 11:45 PM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  Sexual preference is somewhat negotiable at some point somehow for most people, given the context. Now, what gender we find is our best match for a serious relationship is the question.
It all comes down to identity, somehow... I've met deadly open and close minded people of all kinds of gender and preference

This is why I like to consider sexual orientation and romantic orientation separately, but most people consider that silly because in most people, they are pretty much the same thing.
13-05-2013, 02:31 PM
(13-05-2013 02:06 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 11:45 PM)Weeeeee_Zard Wrote:  Sexual preference is somewhat negotiable at some point somehow for most people, given the context. Now, what gender we find is our best match for a serious relationship is the question.

This is why I like to consider sexual orientation and romantic orientation separately, but most people consider that silly because in most people, they are pretty much the same thing.

I've always figured it's more of a sliding scale than distinct yes or no. But hey whatever floats your boat.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
13-05-2013, 02:53 PM
(13-05-2013 02:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 02:06 PM)amyb Wrote:  This is why I like to consider sexual orientation and romantic orientation separately, but most people consider that silly because in most people, they are pretty much the same thing.

I've always figured it's more of a sliding scale than distinct yes or no. But hey whatever floats your boat.

Not sure how that applies to what I said (that romantic and sexual orientations can differ), but I would agree that sexuality is not as black and white as many make it out to be. There are a lot of scales out there like the Kinsey scale, but most of them don't include enough different possibilities, in my opinion.
13-05-2013, 03:27 PM
(13-05-2013 02:53 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 02:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I've always figured it's more of a sliding scale than distinct yes or no. But hey whatever floats your boat.

Not sure how that applies to what I said (that romantic and sexual orientations can differ), but I would agree that sexuality is not as black and white as many make it out to be. There are a lot of scales out there like the Kinsey scale, but most of them don't include enough different possibilities, in my opinion.

Agreed. I'm only ever romantic with one person but I'm sexual with a lot of people. And yeah, it is black and white. Or white and white, or asian and white.

I don't discriminate that way. Tongue

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
13-05-2013, 03:28 PM
(13-05-2013 02:53 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 02:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I've always figured it's more of a sliding scale than distinct yes or no. But hey whatever floats your boat.

I more meant that Sexuality in general is more a shades of grey than black and white in any incarnation.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-05-2013, 03:38 PM
(13-05-2013 03:27 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Agreed. I'm only ever romantic with one person but I'm sexual with a lot of people. And yeah, it is black and white. Or white and white, or asian and white.

I don't discriminate that way. Tongue
I always make the distinction because I am aromantic, I have no interest in romantic relationships at all, but I am still sexually attracted to people. And I've met people whose sexual and romantic orientations didn't match exactly for various reasons.

(13-05-2013 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I more meant that Sexuality in general is more a shades of grey than black and white in any incarnation.

Ah, ok, yes. I agree then.
13-05-2013, 05:13 PM
(12-05-2013 09:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The viddie seems broke, but the thread title made me think of this. Big Grin

[Image: gay.jpg]

The dude on the left looks preggers. How does that happen? Huh

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
13-05-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mpreg

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
13-05-2013, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 06:18 PM by cbb2274.)
(13-05-2013 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 02:53 PM)amyb Wrote:  Not sure how that applies to what I said (that romantic and sexual orientations can differ), but I would agree that sexuality is not as black and white as many make it out to be. There are a lot of scales out there like the Kinsey scale, but most of them don't include enough different possibilities, in my opinion.

I more meant that Sexuality in general is more a shades of grey than black and white in any incarnation.

I like what Gore Vidal said about sexual orientation, that there's no such thing as a heterosexual person - or a homosexual person for that matter. He said that these words only describe acts. I'm not sure that it's entirely true, but it's interesting.

Cynthia Nixon told the NY Times that being gay is a choice for her. She took a lot of shit for it, but I think her detractors missed the point:

"Why can’t it be a choice? Why is that any less legitimate? It seems we’re just ceding this point to bigots who are demanding it, and I don’t think that they should define the terms of the debate. I also feel like people think I was walking around in a cloud and didn’t realize I was gay, which I find really offensive."

Could we maybe see that video somewhere else?

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot