Choose to be gay? Faggot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: Choose to be gay? Faggot!
(13-05-2013 06:15 PM)cbb2274 Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I more meant that Sexuality in general is more a shades of grey than black and white in any incarnation.

I like what Gore Vidal said about sexual orientation, that there's no such thing as a heterosexual person - or a homosexual person for that matter. He said that these words only describe acts. I'm not sure that it's entirely true, but it's interesting.

Cynthia Nixon told the NY Times that being gay is a choice for her. She took a lot of shit for it, but I think her detractors missed the point:

"Why can’t it be a choice? Why is that any less legitimate? It seems we’re just ceding this point to bigots who are demanding it, and I don’t think that they should define the terms of the debate. I also feel like people think I was walking around in a cloud and didn’t realize I was gay, which I find really offensive."

I have never understood that part of the debate. What does it matter if it's a choice or not? I get why the pro-LGBT faction like the idea of it being set in stone but convenience does not equate reality. On the other side we make a million choices every day that are protected as civil rights. Its a stupid argument that is set up on the Bigots terms and should be ended.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-05-2013, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-05-2013 05:13 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 09:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The viddie seems broke, but the thread title made me think of this. Big Grin

[Image: gay.jpg]

The dude on the left looks preggers. How does that happen? Huh

Tremendous lower abs response. ManlyBro's got it too, but nothing like that. Big Grin

[Image: manlybroabs.jpg]

"The difference between powerlifting muscles and bodybuilding muscles-
1- powerlifters have an eight pack not a six pack- there are 2 more bands that situps and crunches don't touch.
2- powerlifters do not have a deep groove between the abdominal bands-they smash together.
3- powerlifters muscles never look PRETTY- even at 8% bodyfat!
4- it is very hard to tell on a powerlifter where one muscle group stops and another starts- because they all work together- there is no weak link.
5- a bodybuilders out for money and fame- a powerllfter's goal is to stay in the game." - ManlyBro

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-05-2013, 07:23 PM
(13-05-2013 06:15 PM)cbb2274 Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I more meant that Sexuality in general is more a shades of grey than black and white in any incarnation.

I like what Gore Vidal said about sexual orientation, that there's no such thing as a heterosexual person - or a homosexual person for that matter. He said that these words only describe acts. I'm not sure that it's entirely true, but it's interesting.

Cynthia Nixon told the NY Times that being gay is a choice for her. She took a lot of shit for it, but I think her detractors missed the point:

"Why can’t it be a choice? Why is that any less legitimate? It seems we’re just ceding this point to bigots who are demanding it, and I don’t think that they should define the terms of the debate. I also feel like people think I was walking around in a cloud and didn’t realize I was gay, which I find really offensive."

Could we maybe see that video somewhere else?
I think there are people who are attracted to men, women, both, and everything else. I disagree that "heterosexual" and "homosexual" describe acts, because teenagers usually know if they're gay or straight before ever having sex. Those words describe attraction, not behavior. A celibate priest usually has a sexual orientation (I'm not talking about pedos, I'm talking about men who do not have sex), he just doesn't act on it.

It wouldn't matter if it was a choice, IMO, but I don't think it is. It's not like people go through puberty and say to themselves, "well, now I gotta decide if I like dick or vag..."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
13-05-2013, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 09:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-05-2013 07:23 PM)amyb Wrote:  I think there are people who are attracted to men, women, both, and everything else. I disagree that "heterosexual" and "homosexual" describe acts, because teenagers usually know if they're gay or straight before ever having sex. Those words describe attraction, not behavior.

Our own resident gay virgin MuffinTop is evidence of that.

(13-05-2013 07:23 PM)amyb Wrote:  It wouldn't matter if it was a choice, IMO, but I don't think it is. It's not like people go through puberty and say to themselves, "well, now I gotta decide if I like dick or vag..."

No, but I think falling in love could result in gender differences becoming secondary considerations regardless of inherent gender attraction.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-05-2013, 09:07 PM
(13-05-2013 07:23 PM)amyb Wrote:  It's not like people go through puberty and say to themselves, "well, now I gotta decide if I like dick or vag..."

VAG WHAT????

Vagabondage?
Vagi?
Vagrants?

Come on dammit, give up the goods. I haven't decided yet...

Big Grin

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
13-05-2013, 09:18 PM
(13-05-2013 08:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No, but I think falling in love could result in gender differences becoming secondary considerations regardless of inherent gender attraction.
If that happens, I would consider that person panromantic/pansexual. I think sex and gender do figure into it for most people, though.

Quote:Vagabondage?
Vagi?
Vagrants?
Pussy, I meant.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
13-05-2013, 09:20 PM
(13-05-2013 09:18 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(13-05-2013 08:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No, but I think falling in love could result in gender differences becoming secondary considerations regardless of inherent gender attraction.
If that happens, I would consider that person panromantic/pansexual. I think sex and gender do figure into it for most people, though.

Quote:Vagabondage?
Vagi?
Vagrants?
Pussy, I meant.

[Image: wet-cat.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-05-2013, 09:37 PM
(13-05-2013 07:23 PM)amyb Wrote:  It wouldn't matter if it was a choice, IMO, but I don't think it is. It's not like people go through puberty and say to themselves, "well, now I gotta decide if I like dick or vag..."

I think you're completely correct here. Anyone who claims that they've actually chosen (weighed the pros and cons and made a conscious decision) must be naturally bisexual with no predisposition to either end of the spectrum. I know that I never stopped down to decide between the sausage or the taco; ordering the sausage was never even on the menu.
It's the same for homosexuality. I have a friend who prefers the ding-dong, but he always did. He never had to select against the muffin. He remembers having a prepubescent crush on another boy without any idea that it could be unusual or socially unacceptable; it was simply natural. This was, of course, many years before he knew of anything of a sexual nature.

If it was a choice, why would homosexuality be so common throughout the animal kingdom? It has been observed in dogs, lions, pandas, penguins, monkeys, bats, etc. – somewhere close to 1500 different species. It's no more a choice than one's eyes color.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
13-05-2013, 09:38 PM
(13-05-2013 09:37 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  

I think you're completely correct here. Anyone who claims that they've actually chosen (weighed the pros and cons and made a conscious decision) must be naturally bisexual with no predisposition to either end of the spectrum. I know that I never stopped down to decide between the sausage or the taco; ordering the sausage was never even on the menu.
It's the same for homosexuality. I have a friend who prefers the ding-dong, but he always did. He never had to select against the muffin. He remembers having a prepubescent crush on another boy without any idea that it could be unusual or socially unacceptable; it was simply natural. This was, of course, many years before he knew of anything of a sexual nature.

If it was a choice, why would homosexuality be so common throughout the animal kingdom? It has been observed in dogs, lions, pandas, penguins, monkeys, bats, etc. – somewhere close to 1500 different species. It's no more a choice than one's eyes color.

are you particularly afraid of the words "vagina" or "penis" by any chance? Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
13-05-2013, 09:58 PM
(13-05-2013 09:38 PM)nach_in Wrote:  are you particularly afraid of the words "vagina" or "penis" by any chance? Tongue

Not remotely. Euphemisms are just loads more fun. Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]