Chris Evans stepping down from Top Gear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Chris Evans stepping down from Top Gear
Chris Evans' Top Gear has been getting appalling ratings as of late and he's stepping down (apparently Matt Leblanc threatened to leave if he stayed). American Top Gear folded in the last week too. American Top Gear was awful and although I hadn't watched any of the rebooted original, I hadn't heard promising things. I didn't watch it because it was Top Gear, I watched it for Hammond, May, and Clarkson. Bring on The Grand Tour!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-...e=facebookConfused

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
04-07-2016, 09:36 AM
RE: Chris Evans stepping down from Top Gear
(04-07-2016 08:55 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Chris Evans' Top Gear has been getting appalling ratings as of late and he's stepping down (apparently Matt Leblanc threatened to leave if he stayed). American Top Gear folded in the last week too. American Top Gear was awful and although I hadn't watched any of the rebooted original, I hadn't heard promising things. I didn't watch it because it was Top Gear, I watched it for Hammond, May, and Clarkson. Bring on The Grand Tour!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-...e=facebookConfused

Yes, Evans's high pitched shouty delivery really grates. It might be okay in some of his other TV shows but not this one.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
04-07-2016, 11:51 AM
At first I was going to ask what Top Gear was, then I decided to google. I honestly thought it was about auto racing or something.

But I was wrong, it's like an infomercial for cars.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Too busy being Captain America.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-07-2016, 06:54 AM
I'm with you 100% of this, I watched for Hammond, May and Clarkson. I said the other week that it was rubbish, having finished watch the whole first season.. total crap.
I'm actually really glad it failed.

I don't think Chris was the issue though. Matt if any one of the presenters was the worst. No I take that back, the old fuck was the worst followed by the chick. But than Matt.
Chris was just meh. And the other two presenters were fantastic. The black dude was particularly great.

The issue is that it felt extremely EXTREMELY scripted. The jokes between the presenters felt scripted, weren't funny and were acted so badly.
Part of why Hammond, May and Clarkson were so so good is because they're like mates giving each other shit. It's natural, it's funny and it feels spontaneous.
Whatever the fuck this new shit is it feels like some twat wrote some PC "family friendly" "jokes" and the presenters were just reading it off a script. There was so so many pauses between the presenters forgetting their lines or that it was their turn to talk.

It was just a big awkward mess.

And half the show was celebrities is the rally cross car bit. I don't watch Top Gear to see the celebrity bit so I sure as shit don't want half the show to be it. I don't give a fuck what some hollywood twat drove when he was 16 compared to what he drives now. He owns a BMW M3? I don't care. Go back to the black dude reviewing the latest golf please.
And rally cross? really? Fuck off..

I think it's only redeeming properties was Chris Harris (not Chris Evans), Rory Reid, some of the cars they reviewed and whoever use to write the "some say.." jokes regarding the Sting still has that job apparently because they were still funny as fuck. And Matt felt like he was getting into it towards the end of the session and went from be total crap to below average borderline capable.
But yea, get rid of Sabine, Eddie and maybe Evans, half the time they spend doing the celebrity shit and don't have a fucking script.