Christ/Horus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Christ/Horus
I've received a considerable amount of abuse from some quarters over my interest in Christ being derived, linguistically, from Horus.

The reason this must be so is that Horus begins with the letter H, "The original Semitic letter Heth most likely represented the voiceless pharyngeal fricative (ħ)." Wiki.

This means that as a "voiceless pharyngeal fricative":

"Its manner of articulation is fricative, which means it is produced by constricting air flow through a narrow channel at the place of articulation, causing turbulence.
Its place of articulation is pharyngeal, which means it is articulated with the tongue root against the back of the throat (the pharynx).
Its phonation is voiceless, which means it is produced without vibrations of the vocal cords."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceless_..._fricative

The simple consequence of this is that "Horus" should be pronounced with the "H" pronounced like the "ch" in the Scottish word "loch", and therefore, Horus and Christ are the same word. The "t" ending to Christ means "of" or "condition of" just like "lost" is a condition of "loss".

Jesus was born into a religion which worshipped the "christ" and came from Egypt and it can be none other than the sect of Horus and was kicked out of Egypt, setting up a new home in "Herusalem" or Jerusalem, the difference between the two words being that the H is a pharyngeal and the J a palatal fricative.

It's sad, really, that a whole mountain of bullshit has been built around a deception over the origins of few words and it shows the sheer gullibility of the majority of people who waltz through life with a language and culture which they never examine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 02:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Christ/Horus
(09-06-2016 02:20 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Jesus was born into a religion which worshipped the "christ" and came from Egypt and it can be none other than the sect of Horus and was kicked out of Egypt, setting up a new home in "Herusalem" or Jerusalem,

And the moon is made of green cheese.

You have not a shred of historical evidence for any of that.
Not one Jew would agree with it.
You have no scholarly references for it.
It is not really compatible with the Semitic origins of the name of that city.
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meani...1nQIk32aM8

More bullshit dot connecting.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Popcorn

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Gee, I always thought Christ came from the Greek word for "anointed", which was a translation of the Hebrew word (basically "messiah") for "anointed". It is a title or descriptor, not a name, and has fuck all to do with Horus.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
09-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Religion is like art.

It's mostly derivative.

Originality in either is non-existent...

(Just like that supposed "god" fella.. non-existent..)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-06-2016, 03:12 PM
The reason is that Horus begins with an H.

And Stupid begins with an S. I deduce that you are Stupid. Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-06-2016, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 03:43 PM by ClydeLee.)
It's horribly concluded but it's the types of things that serve no relevance to the concept. There are cross cultural and developing shifts of concepts that spread and slightly alter across regions... the fact of this is not at any point relevant but there is also a lot of analogous information and language about that may have potentially seemingly connectable elements but don't actually occur. THat across all things is frequent when you examine the human archaeological details.

You spend Countless posts and time spending bickering about the "possible" connections you assert as absolute in tone, and NO time on what that would even mean if it were true... which is clearly indicative of the nonexistent significance.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-06-2016, 03:34 PM
(09-06-2016 03:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  The reason is that Horus begins with an H.

This is what cracked me up -- his contention that it means something that Horus and Christ sort of start with the same sound. Does that mean Babe Ruth was Buddha?

Laugh out load
09-06-2016, 03:59 PM
(09-06-2016 03:34 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 03:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  The reason is that Horus begins with an H.

This is what cracked me up -- his contention that it means something that Horus and Christ sort of start with the same sound. Does that mean Babe Ruth was Buddha?

Laugh out load

Tacitus is Trump. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Can't spell Jesus without "us." That means.... that means........
.......We are Jesus. Each and every one of us. He never died at all! He still lives in us! We are the physical embodiment of the Christ.
Whoooooooaaaaaaaahhhhh, that means I can worship myself Ohmy
[Image: 0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 6 users Like cactus's post