Christ/Horus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Christ/Horus
(09-06-2016 03:34 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  This is what cracked me up -- his contention that it means something that Horus and Christ sort of start with the same sound. Does that mean Babe Ruth was Buddha?

No. That was Yogi Berra.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Quote:The reason is that Horus begins with an H.

Egyptian has no "H." Someone translated into a language which did.

And we sit.... with nut jobs pretending they find jesus everywhere they look.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
09-06-2016, 05:27 PM
[Image: strawman.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
09-06-2016, 05:37 PM
(09-06-2016 02:20 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I've received a considerable amount of abuse from some quarters over my interest in Christ being derived, linguistically, from Horus.

That would be because your an idiot who makes shit up without any actual demonstrable facts. Basically you take a big steaming dump in your own hand and decided to, repeatedly, chase everyone around demanding they look at the finger painting you did and "take it seriously". You are treated with appropriate tact and class.

You have chosen to speak on a subject you have consistently displayed a lack of knowledge in to people that DO have a knowledge in it. Which manages to make you a bubblefuck twice over.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
09-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Wait. I think he might be right after all !!
When i swear, I say "Jesus H. Fucking Christ".
H = Horus. Aha. Now it all makes sense. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2016, 06:50 PM
(09-06-2016 06:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wait. I think he might be right after all !!

Heavens to Murgatroyd you've got it!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
10-06-2016, 12:48 PM
(09-06-2016 05:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 02:20 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I've received a considerable amount of abuse from some quarters over my interest in Christ being derived, linguistically, from Horus.

That would be because your an idiot who makes shit up without any actual demonstrable facts. Basically you take a big steaming dump in your own hand and decided to, repeatedly, chase everyone around demanding they look at the finger painting you did and "take it seriously". You are treated with appropriate tact and class.

You have chosen to speak on a subject you have consistently displayed a lack of knowledge in to people that DO have a knowledge in it. Which manages to make you a bubblefuck twice over.

Christ in Egypt. Apparently he travelled about.

10-06-2016, 12:57 PM
There was no "race" called the Jews because there wasn't even a letter "J". The word refers to monotheism, nothing more. Who were the monotheists of the Near East? What was their male god who "created" man in his own image? He must have looked like a man.

The problem is that because I live here in the Near East, and am familiar with the religious sects of this area, and their traditions, which they still follow, I can comment from experience, whereas some of the posters on this thread show that they only have experience in scatology.
10-06-2016, 01:04 PM
The origin of the "Christ" as the god figure of the religion into which "Jesus" was born means that the New Testament was aimed, not at what we now know as "Judaism" but at a religion which expected the return of a messiah who was the avenging son of god. This is the Osiris/Horus story, nothing more.

This is an historical issue, not one relating to atheism. The fact that there is no god does not mean that one can interpret or change history to fit one's own presentist view of life from the perspective of a ranting nihilistic atheist in which it is ok to throw abuse at anyone you disagree with. All that shows is immaturity.
10-06-2016, 01:07 PM
(09-06-2016 06:50 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 06:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wait. I think he might be right after all !!

Heavens to Murgatroyd you've got it!

Google translate:
English
christian

Turkish

Hristiyan

Suck me.