Christ/Horus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: Christ/Horus
(10-06-2016 01:04 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The origin of the "Christ" as the god figure of the religion into which "Jesus" was born means that the New Testament was aimed, not at what we now know as "Judaism" but at a religion which expected the return of a messiah who was the avenging son of god. This is the Osiris/Horus story, nothing more.

This is an historical issue, not one relating to atheism. The fact that there is no god does not mean that one can interpret or change history to fit one's own presentist view of life from the perspective of a ranting nihilistic atheist in which it is ok to throw abuse at anyone you disagree with. All that shows is immaturity.

Yes dear. Whatever you say dear.

(It's all bullshit, with NEVER any support from real scholars or historians.)
Living in an area, thousands of years later tells you nothing, old man.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2016, 01:09 PM
(10-06-2016 01:07 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 06:50 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Heavens to Murgatroyd you've got it!

Google translate:
English
christian

Turkish

Hristiyan

Suck me.

Weak sauce. You're still making forced and foolish connections.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2016, 01:31 PM
(10-06-2016 01:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 01:07 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Google translate:
English
christian

Turkish

Hristiyan

Suck me.

Weak sauce. You're still making forced and foolish connections.

No, Chas, I'm not. Turks are ethnically the same as Armenians and Turkish is Sumerian. Tur is the Akkadian word for Sumerian. Turkey occupies what was Armenia which is were Aramaic was spoken and the Turks, despite being Muslims, venerate the Eye of Horus which they call the Nazar and they engae in a circumcision ceremony which imitates the story of Izates. You need to find out something about the history and culture of the Near East and study languages of the Near East before making your "terse" and silly comments.

"Thus, Turkic suffix "IDIS/IDIZ/IDILER" becomes the suffix "ITES" in some languages. And again the Turkic past tense verbal suffix, "dI, di, du, dü and idi" meaning "was" becomes suffix "ed" as in English.

Thus anagrammatizing ancient Turkic languages into new ones must have been a big activity in the past as Akkadians anagrammatized the Turanic Sumerian language into so-called "Akkadian". Similarly the ancient Greeks anagrammatized ancient Turkish (i.e., Pelasgian, Saka, Trojan, Ionians [Ay-Hans] ) into the language presently called "Greek"." http://www.tur.freeservers.com/rich_text_3.html

The ending of "christ", ie., "t" is an agglutinative ending meaning "condition of". That means one has to look at the first four letters of the word separately to identify "chris" and since, in this part of the world, where this religion came from, and in the language of the area in which this all took place, it is spelled differently, one cannot rely on the present spelling of "Jesus Christ" to identify who this character was. One has to understand the phoenetics of language and how different languages use different letters to spell a word which means the same thing.

If you can't understand that, you can't intelligently comment on what I am posting, which is why you post unintelligently.

And, you have no qualifications to comment on anything about religion or Near East history, while I have a degree in this subject.
10-06-2016, 01:46 PM
(10-06-2016 01:31 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 01:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Weak sauce. You're still making forced and foolish connections.

No, Chas, I'm not. Turks are ethnically the same as Armenians and Turkish is Sumerian. Tur is the Akkadian word for Sumerian. Turkey occupies what was Armenia which is were Aramaic was spoken and the Turks, despite being Muslims, venerate the Eye of Horus which they call the Nazar and they engae in a circumcision ceremony which imitates the story of Izates. You need to find out something about the history and culture of the Near East and study languages of the Near East before making your "terse" and silly comments.

"Thus, Turkic suffix "IDIS/IDIZ/IDILER" becomes the suffix "ITES" in some languages. And again the Turkic past tense verbal suffix, "dI, di, du, dü and idi" meaning "was" becomes suffix "ed" as in English.

Thus anagrammatizing ancient Turkic languages into new ones must have been a big activity in the past as Akkadians anagrammatized the Turanic Sumerian language into so-called "Akkadian". Similarly the ancient Greeks anagrammatized ancient Turkish (i.e., Pelasgian, Saka, Trojan, Ionians [Ay-Hans] ) into the language presently called "Greek"." http://www.tur.freeservers.com/rich_text_3.html

The ending of "christ", ie., "t" is an agglutinative ending meaning "condition of". That means one has to look at the first four letters of the word separately to identify "chris" and since, in this part of the world, where this religion came from, and in the language of the area in which this all took place, it is spelled differently, one cannot rely on the present spelling of "Jesus Christ" to identify who this character was. One has to understand the phoenetics of language and how different languages use different letters to spell a word which means the same thing.

If you can't understand that, you can't intelligently comment on what I am posting, which is why you post unintelligently.

And, you have no qualifications to comment on anything about religion or Near East history, while I have a degree in this subject.

One teensy weensy problem.
Too bad the word "Christ" is a derivative of the Greek word "Χριστός".
You're SO fucking full of shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-06-2016, 01:51 PM
(10-06-2016 01:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 01:04 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The origin of the "Christ" as the god figure of the religion into which "Jesus" was born means that the New Testament was aimed, not at what we now know as "Judaism" but at a religion which expected the return of a messiah who was the avenging son of god. This is the Osiris/Horus story, nothing more.

This is an historical issue, not one relating to atheism. The fact that there is no god does not mean that one can interpret or change history to fit one's own presentist view of life from the perspective of a ranting nihilistic atheist in which it is ok to throw abuse at anyone you disagree with. All that shows is immaturity.

Yes dear. Whatever you say dear.

The languages spoken here and the religions are derived from those of the past. You may think that things have changed but in this part of the world, traditions are very strong. There are many suppressed and syncretic religious sects.

You should start "thinking" instead of spewing venom. You display an anti-intellectual inclination towards abusing people you disagree with, rather than engaging in discussion. The "Christ Myth" theory you seem to be promoting here is just an opinion after all and one could say it isn't supported by real scholars or historians. Historians and all professional academics are very narrow in their approach and very conservative. They shun heterodoxy. You should know that, you do it. It's to be expected of people, like yourself, who want to get somewhere in academic life on the strength of a particular thesis, but, ultimately, any thesis can be wrong.

I may respect Richard Carrier, for instance, but I don't agree with him. I question what he actually "believed" before he came to his present views. Was he a Catholic? Did he believe in God? If he, or for that matter anyone on this forum, at any time, believe in God, then I have less respect for them than I have for someone who recognized the falsity of religion from the age of 6 and never accepted palpable untruths as fact. But, I don't go out of my way to post gratuitously abusive, foul-mouthed and insulting comments on threads just so I can say to my buddies, "Hey, look at me, aren't I clever".
10-06-2016, 02:52 PM
(10-06-2016 01:31 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 01:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Weak sauce. You're still making forced and foolish connections.

You have repeatedly made absurd connections where there aren't any.

However, it is not at all clear what your point here is.
Are you saying that there is a historical passing down of myth through these ebbing and flowing cultures? Or something else?

You may have knowledge of Near East history, but you are not a linguist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2016, 03:07 PM
(10-06-2016 01:51 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 01:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes dear. Whatever you say dear.

The languages spoken here and the religions are derived from those of the past. You may think that things have changed but in this part of the world, traditions are very strong. There are many suppressed and syncretic religious sects.

You should start "thinking" instead of spewing venom. You display an anti-intellectual inclination towards abusing people you disagree with, rather than engaging in discussion. The "Christ Myth" theory you seem to be promoting here is just an opinion after all and one could say it isn't supported by real scholars or historians. Historians and all professional academics are very narrow in their approach and very conservative. They shun heterodoxy. You should know that, you do it. It's to be expected of people, like yourself, who want to get somewhere in academic life on the strength of a particular thesis, but, ultimately, any thesis can be wrong.

I may respect Richard Carrier, for instance, but I don't agree with him. I question what he actually "believed" before he came to his present views. Was he a Catholic? Did he believe in God? If he, or for that matter anyone on this forum, at any time, believe in God, then I have less respect for them than I have for someone who recognized the falsity of religion from the age of 6 and never accepted palpable untruths as fact. But, I don't go out of my way to post gratuitously abusive, foul-mouthed and insulting comments on threads just so I can say to my buddies, "Hey, look at me, aren't I clever".

Odd as most every thread you create rings with the attitude "hey aren't I clever"

This post on the other hand is pretty sensible l. Yet the majority of your posts are arrogantly or just language usage ignorantly absolute In proclamations. With zero inclination that you once at any pony in thinking if something doubted your own findings. As if to say... yes I am so genius and wise to all so many fail to see.

And if you don't think that, learn how to convey yourself better because that's why you get judged with little belief or respect.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-06-2016, 03:21 PM
(10-06-2016 01:04 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The fact that there is no god does not mean that one can interpret or change history to fit one's own presentist view of life...

Isn't this pretty much what you are doing? Interpreting history to match your own views? You weren't there 2000 years ago any more than any of the rest of us.
10-06-2016, 03:32 PM
(10-06-2016 01:51 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  You should start "thinking" instead of spewing venom. You display an anti-intellectual inclination towards abusing people you disagree with, rather than engaging in discussion. The "Christ Myth" theory you seem to be promoting here is just an opinion after all and one could say it isn't supported by real scholars or historians. Historians and all professional academics are very narrow in their approach and very conservative. They shun heterodoxy. You should know that, you do it. It's to be expected of people, like yourself, who want to get somewhere in academic life on the strength of a particular thesis, but, ultimately, any thesis can be wrong.

If I need any advice from the Dot Connector, I'll be sure and ask.
BTW, old guy, I already told you I have no plans to use this field to "advance in" More assumptions from the idiot. you foolish dot connections are NEVER supported by anything. You make up shit, and get pissed off when people tell you you are nuts.

You are nuts.

10-06-2016, 03:34 PM
(10-06-2016 01:51 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  But, I don't go out of my way to post gratuitously abusive, foul-mouthed and insulting comments on threads just so I can say to my buddies, "Hey, look at me, aren't I clever".

I have never once said that to anyone, you fucking liar.
You have no evidence I ever said that. More made-up shit from the Dot Connector.