Christ/Horus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2016, 06:58 PM
RE: Christ/Horus
(10-06-2016 01:07 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Suck me.

See this above DB? This is an example of why you don't get to cry into my private mailbox about the lack of civil discourse and offensive comments while asking if I enjoy insulting people. If you can't hold yourself to the standard you want other people to be held you can go suck yourself you self important piece of shit.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
11-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Hmmm...

I speak English French Spanish and am studying Turkish and I have studied Scots English. My brother studied Russian French German Spanish Chinese (degree) a and Welsh. My Uncle is A professor who has published with the Voltaire Institut and I published a translation of a medical work recently in collaboration with him from French so I come from a family if linguist and studied languages as a result from an early age while a lot of people were mired in beliefs about Jesus and god
11-06-2016, 10:56 PM
It's implicit in you diatribes Bucky...you want to show off and you hate anyone who has a different view from you. You ridicule me to boost you ego
11-06-2016, 11:38 PM
(11-06-2016 10:55 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Hmmm...

I speak English French Spanish and am studying Turkish and I have studied Scots English. My brother studied Russian French German Spanish Chinese (degree) a and Welsh. My Uncle is A professor who has published with the Voltaire Institut and I published a translation of a medical work recently in collaboration with him from French so I come from a family if linguist and studied languages as a result from an early age while a lot of people were mired in beliefs about Jesus and god

Which means you have no excuse for being so goddamn bad at what you do.

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
11-06-2016, 11:41 PM
(11-06-2016 10:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  It's implicit in you diatribes Bucky...you want to show off.
(11-06-2016 10:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  you want to show off.

(11-06-2016 10:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  show off.

(11-06-2016 10:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  show off.

(11-06-2016 10:55 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I speak English French Spanish and am studying Turkish and I have studied Scots English. My brother studied Russian French German Spanish Chinese (degree) a and Welsh. My Uncle is A professor who has published with the Voltaire Institut and I published a translation of a medical work recently in collaboration with him from French so I come from a family if linguist and studied languages as a result from an early age while a lot of people were mired in beliefs about Jesus and god
Shoulda studied how not to be a hypocritical asshat. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
11-06-2016, 11:45 PM
(10-06-2016 06:58 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 01:07 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Suck me.

See this above DB? This is an example of why you don't get to cry into my private mailbox about the lack of civil discourse and offensive comments while asking if I enjoy insulting people. If you can't hold yourself to the standard you want other people to be held you can go suck yourself you self important piece of shit.

NB. It isn't directed at anyone. I didn't insult anyone or call anyone an idiot as you did.
11-06-2016, 11:52 PM
(11-06-2016 11:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 10:55 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Hmmm...

Which means you have no excuse for being so goddamn bad at what you do.

Their is very little written about comparative linguistics in relation to ancient languages. I have a very good reputation in my profession and in the area in which I now work. I am not a theist. I don't go on and on about the old testament. I genuinely am interested in the hypotheses that the monotheism into which Jesus would have been born is derived from the Egyptian cult of Horus which was the cult of the pharaohs, and that Jesus was an amalgam of Monobaz I and II and their father. I see no reason for anyone to be abusive about those two ideas. I don't post abusive comments on BB's threads. I post ideas and it may seem I am condescending or arrogant but I actually would value sensible responses and not quotes from the dictionary or insults.
12-06-2016, 12:08 AM
As far as the spelling of Horus is concerned. If it is spelled with an H then this letter in many languages is pronounced as it once was as a fricative. Some languages have lost fricatives. Spanish doesn't pronounce the letter h. Using presentbpronunciations and spellings to get to the meaning of words an be highly misleading. It may be , for instance that Jesus's name was plainly recognized in the day as something which people at the time recognized as "Zeus Of Horus" ? I don't claim to know but the spelling would not have been with a J so it's fair to speculate.
12-06-2016, 12:13 AM
(11-06-2016 11:52 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 11:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Which means you have no excuse for being so goddamn bad at what you do.

Their is very little written about comparative linguistics in relation to ancient languages. I have a very good reputation in my profession and in the area in which I now work. I am not a theist. I don't go on and on about the old testament. I genuinely am interested in the hypotheses that the monotheism into which Jesus would have been born is derived from the Egyptian cult of Horus which was the cult of the pharaohs, and that Jesus was an amalgam of Monobaz I and II and their father. I see no reason for anyone to be abusive about those two ideas. I don't post abusive comments on BB's threads. I post ideas and it may seem I am condescending or arrogant but I actually would value sensible responses and not quotes from the dictionary or insults.

Then if there's "very litte written" and you're so well-qualified, link your published paper. And publish in a respectable linguistics journal.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-06-2016, 02:56 AM
Christ, this subject is old.