Christ/Horus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2016, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2016 11:02 AM by Deltabravo.)
RE: Christ/Horus
So that saying "Christ" came from the Greek, when Greek and English both come from Turkish, is a bit circular. Particularly if Science is now saying that English came from Turkey:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-19368988
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Proto indo European doesn't equal TURKISH. Even the indo European of the time in Turkey itself isn't Turkish.

Your desire to make connections out of pseudo links is bad linguistic and historic behavior protocol.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
18-06-2016, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2016 11:36 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
(18-06-2016 10:58 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  So that saying "Christ" came from the Greek, when Greek and English both come from Turkish, is a bit circular. Particularly if Science is now saying that English came from Turkey:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-19368988

Except that it's not the consensus of most linguists and it does not have enough evidence to support it. Actually, we have evidence of many mistakes and conflicts with our current knowledge in the study you linked to. Knowledge based on historical records, linguistic evidence, you name it. The Gray & Atkinson model is seriously flawed.

So, "science" is not saying what you claim it's saying.

Timestamps:
Martin W. Lewis starts at 2:30
Asya Pereltsvaig starts at 11:20

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
18-06-2016, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2016 12:01 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-06-2016 10:15 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I am saying that the pronunciation of "Horus" using the proper pronunciation of "H" as a voiceless fricative is the same as Christ. The T ending is the same as in other words ending in T. It changes a word to one meaning "of", in simple terms.

Jesus had the name Christ, because he was born into a religion which had a concept of "the Christ", before he opened his mouth and preached anything.

The religion he was born into has to have been the Egyptian cult of Horus.

All total BS non sequiturs and imaginary dot connecting. The title "Christ" is a Greek word. Yeshua (if he existed) was born a JEW, and had no Greek titles. Jesus never had the name "Christ". It's not a name. It's a title. A number of his contemporaries were thought to be "the anointed one", and had the SAME title.

NOT ONE scholar on the Earth agrees with that crap.
Too bad you know absolutely NOTHING about the cultures and the period.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Bucky. I have a doctorate from the second ranked research university in the world. I interned for a Undersecretary of the United Nations.

You swear on internet forums.

I don't need your approval to bolster my sense of self worth.

You should stop making a fool of yourself.

I am a secularist. I don't accept anyone's claim to be part of a "nation" that has some divine blessing or is descended from some Aryan Near East tribe.

I post about Horus because I consider the Old Testament to be a fraud on humanity just like the Koran. Seeing the origins of the Judeao-Christian "God" in its true context as a reworking of the Egyptian "anointed "son" is hugely significant and helps one see it for what it is, another God figure no different from any other star or Sun based deity and not a "metaphysical" concept as we now see it.

I don't see why that should provoke such irrational and childish outbursts from you other than that you lack intellectual and emotional maturity.
20-06-2016, 03:12 PM
(20-06-2016 12:30 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Bucky. I have a doctorate from the second ranked research university in the world. I interned for a Undersecretary of the United Nations.
Where's yer published papers then? What unversity? And what the fuck is "I interned for a Undersecretary for the United Nations." Laughat So the fuck what? If you never made it past intern you must have been rejected for any further post. Rightly so, given your monumental incompetence exhibited every time you post.

For an internet tough guy you sure suck at everything you do. Jesus fucking Christ man. If your "research" was worth anything you'd write a paper. It's not a difficult concept. As an alleged PhD recipient from a research university you should be aware of what it takes, yet here you are posting bullshit on forums.

There's no fucking way you've got a PhD.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-06-2016, 03:26 PM
(20-06-2016 12:30 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I have a doctorate from the second ranked research university in the world.

A doctorate in what field?
Ranked by whom?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-06-2016, 03:57 PM
(20-06-2016 03:26 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 12:30 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I have a doctorate from the second ranked research university in the world.

A doctorate in what field?
Ranked by whom?

If I had a doctorate from a high-ranking research university and wanted to brag about it, I would name the university and not be all vague about it. Just sayin'.

I just realized that my post sort of rhymes: brag about it/vague about it. I guess I'm a poet and don't know it.

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
20-06-2016, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 08:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-06-2016 12:30 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Bucky. I have a doctorate from the second ranked research university in the world. I interned for a Undersecretary of the United Nations.

So Oxford then. Were you a Rhodes Scholar? Did the limey bastards let you take your guns to school with you?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-06-2016, 08:41 PM
(20-06-2016 12:30 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I have a doctorate from the second ranked research university in the world. I interned for a Undersecretary of the United Nations. [...]

Oh deary me... it's so obviously a desperation move in any debate when one relies on an argumentum ad verecundiam—especially one's purported own—to score points.

Anyway... can you tell us which UN undersecretary you worked under, and what year please?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.