Christ is coming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Christ is coming
Last night I ran in a 5K race. This event is held annually for local businesses to bring their employees and have fun. There were about 15,000 people in the race. So we were standing behind the starting line waiting for the start signal when I saw this airplane fly overhead with a large banner that read "Be Prepared Christ Is Coming".

I just rolled my eyes. What do those Christians think they are accomplishing with that? I mean, knocking on doors is one thing. At least they could hope for some conversation that might sway someone's opinion, but with a fly over one-sentence sign like that, do they honestly believe even one person below them who doesn't already believe is going to "get the message"? What's actually more likely is some on-the-fence people may find it intruding on their fun event and will in some small way feel annoyed with religion. What stupidity and a waste of money too. I guess they can just take up another collection to make up for it. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
18-04-2014, 09:59 AM
RE: Christ is coming
Why should they care...

Even if I converted tomorrow, God would still damn me eternally for wanking, cos its not like I'm giving that up.

If the penalty for wanking is the same as fornicating, getting drunk, doing weed and listening to Rock music, I may as well get my soul's worth of sinning.

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits... - George Carlin.
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
18-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Be happy.... at least it didnt say when he was comming. Laugh out load or on who Gasp

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
18-04-2014, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014 10:31 AM by DLJ.)
(18-04-2014 10:08 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Be happy.... at least it didnt say when he was comming. Laugh out load or on who Gasp

On whom ... as in: on whom will christ upload his second coming?

Blink

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
18-04-2014, 10:29 AM
(18-04-2014 10:08 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Be happy.... at least it didnt say when he was comming. Laugh out load or on who Gasp
Ugh, that will probably be next year's banner. Dodgy

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
18-04-2014, 10:33 AM
(18-04-2014 10:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Blink
Only the second time... now wonder god's against wanking.

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
18-04-2014, 10:36 AM
It's probably from those Jack Chick level nutjobs who think that the minute people hear the word "Christ" they're completely fascinated and desperate for more information.

Luckily, they can look up this Christ fellow on one of those fancy gadgets that faulty "science" crud made.
18-04-2014, 10:40 AM

Blink

Yeah,yeah,yeah.... up yours !

I had "whom" at first and it didnt look right Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
18-04-2014, 11:00 AM
WHEN?!?! When the fuck is he coming already?!

I find this stuff so annoying! It's one thing when Christians are just focused on their religion, or actually trying to be good people, and hopefully actually succeeding at being good people, instead of selfrighteous assholes. But when they start going into all the "Christ returning" bullshit I just think, "What the fuck are you talking about? How can you even say that? It's been literally thousands of years. What you are saying is meaningless!"

When I was a kid, I knew Jesus coming back was a part of the story narrative, but I didn't think people really believed that as an actual thing.

I always thought the average Christian didn't really think about that part of the story. Didn't really question it, as in they didn’t decide that it was not true, but inside really didn't have a view of their religion with that part in it as an actual thing they really thought would happen. I felt like, and still feel like, most actual people who claim they are Christians don't really think there is an end where Jesus comes back and does stuff, or fucks up the world. I think most average Christians just think when they die they go straight “up” to heaven. The Earth keeps going and they sit in heaven watching it and doing heavenly things. And as people more people are born and die they keep going to heaven (or hell) but there's not an end...it's just keeps going on. There’s not an end game. It’s just that when some people die, they go here, when others die, they go there…

At least that's my impression of the average Christian, and they are not as vocal as these nuts flying planes with banners that say “Jesus is coming back”.

What are your thoughts? Do you think most of them actually are the way I describe, or do you think more of them actually think there is an actual end with Jesus actually coming back and doing "magic" to the earth?

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
18-04-2014, 11:03 AM

Blink

If, indeed, he's coming back, will he pick up a pizza for me? Pepperoni, sausage and onion please. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume