Christ is coming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Christ is coming
He's been jerking off for 2,000 years. It's about time he came.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
18-04-2014, 11:38 AM
(18-04-2014 11:25 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  He's been jerking off for 2,000 years. It's about time he came.

In that case, should I get my umbrella Huh and would that then be considered the "Holy Ejackulation" comming from the heavens. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
18-04-2014, 11:46 AM
(18-04-2014 11:00 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  WHEN?!?! When the fuck is he coming already?!

I find this stuff so annoying! It's one thing when Christians are just focused on their religion, or actually trying to be good people, and hopefully actually succeeding at being good people, instead of selfrighteous assholes. But when they start going into all the "Christ returning" bullshit I just think, "What the fuck are you talking about? How can you even say that? It's been literally thousands of years. What you are saying is meaningless!"

When I was a kid, I knew Jesus coming back was a part of the story narrative, but I didn't think people really believed that as an actual thing.

I always thought the average Christian didn't really think about that part of the story. Didn't really question it, as in they didn’t decide that it was not true, but inside really didn't have a view of their religion with that part in it as an actual thing they really thought would happen. I felt like, and still feel like, most actual people who claim they are Christians don't really think there is an end where Jesus comes back and does stuff, or fucks up the world. I think most average Christians just think when they die they go straight “up” to heaven. The Earth keeps going and they sit in heaven watching it and doing heavenly things. And as people more people are born and die they keep going to heaven (or hell) but there's not an end...it's just keeps going on. There’s not an end game. It’s just that when some people die, they go here, when others die, they go there…

At least that's my impression of the average Christian, and they are not as vocal as these nuts flying planes with banners that say “Jesus is coming back”.

What are your thoughts? Do you think most of them actually are the way I describe, or do you think more of them actually think there is an actual end with Jesus actually coming back and doing "magic" to the earth?

I hear the "end times" shit a lot. They really play it up after some natural disaster has happened. You get your asshole preachers like Pat Robertson going "See! That's God's wrath! It's a sign that the end is near!" Never mind the fact that they are called "natural" disasters for a reason. There's no way that it's just nature, it's obviously God!

I get so incredibly disgusted with that crap, and it's one of the big reasons why I became an atheist. How could somebody look at something like the Indonesian tsunami and actually use it to comfort themselves that it's proof that their god is punishing others that don't share their beliefs. I wish there was a way to show them video footage of every single child that drowned and make them watch every one of them. Just so that they could get an actual idea of what they are condoning and how shameful it is to say shit like that.

Here is the big difference between those loving Christians and atheists when a natural disaster like a hurricane, earthquake, or tsunami happens:

Christians use it as an opportunity to preach their shit about it being the wrath of their god, and why their religion is right, and taking comfort in the idea that their god did that. To them it's a sign of validity of their religion. They don't see the horrific shit that atheists see. They see opportunity.

Atheists think about what a tragic event it is, and how horrific it must be for the families of the people who were killed.

I have never, ever come across an atheist who used some horrific natural disaster as an opportunity to try to convert people to atheism. No atheist has ever said "See! If those people were atheists that tsunami never would have happened! They are being punished because they aren't atheists!"

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
18-04-2014, 12:31 PM
(18-04-2014 11:46 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 11:00 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  WHEN?!?! When the fuck is he coming already?!

I find this stuff so annoying! It's one thing when Christians are just focused on their religion, or actually trying to be good people, and hopefully actually succeeding at being good people, instead of selfrighteous assholes. But when they start going into all the "Christ returning" bullshit I just think, "What the fuck are you talking about? How can you even say that? It's been literally thousands of years. What you are saying is meaningless!"

When I was a kid, I knew Jesus coming back was a part of the story narrative, but I didn't think people really believed that as an actual thing.

I always thought the average Christian didn't really think about that part of the story. Didn't really question it, as in they didn’t decide that it was not true, but inside really didn't have a view of their religion with that part in it as an actual thing they really thought would happen. I felt like, and still feel like, most actual people who claim they are Christians don't really think there is an end where Jesus comes back and does stuff, or fucks up the world. I think most average Christians just think when they die they go straight “up” to heaven. The Earth keeps going and they sit in heaven watching it and doing heavenly things. And as people more people are born and die they keep going to heaven (or hell) but there's not an end...it's just keeps going on. There’s not an end game. It’s just that when some people die, they go here, when others die, they go there…

At least that's my impression of the average Christian, and they are not as vocal as these nuts flying planes with banners that say “Jesus is coming back”.

What are your thoughts? Do you think most of them actually are the way I describe, or do you think more of them actually think there is an actual end with Jesus actually coming back and doing "magic" to the earth?

I hear the "end times" shit a lot. They really play it up after some natural disaster has happened. You get your asshole preachers like Pat Robertson going "See! That's God's wrath! It's a sign that the end is near!" Never mind the fact that they are called "natural" disasters for a reason. There's no way that it's just nature, it's obviously God!

I get so incredibly disgusted with that crap, and it's one of the big reasons why I became an atheist. How could somebody look at something like the Indonesian tsunami and actually use it to comfort themselves that it's proof that their god is punishing others that don't share their beliefs. I wish there was a way to show them video footage of every single child that drowned and make them watch every one of them. Just so that they could get an actual idea of what they are condoning and how shameful it is to say shit like that.

Here is the big difference between those loving Christians and atheists when a natural disaster like a hurricane, earthquake, or tsunami happens:

Christians use it as an opportunity to preach their shit about it being the wrath of their god, and why their religion is right, and taking comfort in the idea that their god did that. To them it's a sign of validity of their religion. They don't see the horrific shit that atheists see. They see opportunity.

Atheists think about what a tragic event it is, and how horrific it must be for the families of the people who were killed.

I have never, ever come across an atheist who used some horrific natural disaster as an opportunity to try to convert people to atheism. No atheist has ever said "See! If those people were atheists that tsunami never would have happened! They are being punished because they aren't atheists!"

Oh I agree with you on this, completely. I have one of these Christians who sits a desk over from me at work all day long and relishes in the natural disasters of the world for the exact same reasons you've mentioned. You are dead on in your critique of it, and I agree.

But just to be clearer in my question, and I’m not trying to hijack this thread, I think this question is relevant. I’m just curious many people who claim to be Christian actually believe “The End” will happen, and Jesus well “return” and “magic” up the earth, verses those who think not of it at all, or actually in their heart of hearts do not think it’s a thing that will really actually happen.

Most Christians I know, don’t ever say word one about their religion, or when they do it sounds more habitual than intentive. I think a great many of them don’t actually believe or bother with the Jesus coming back, and book of revelation stuff. But because they don’t, you don’t hear them for the very reason that they don’t talk about. Especially because if they were to say they don’t believe that part of it, it sounds like they are saying they don’t believe the bible, which they don’t want to do so they just remain quilt. And many others around them do the same so they don’t really know what their neighbor thinks of it, so they don’t want to step out on a limb and say anything, especially when they don’t really care about it in the first place.

But these other types, your Pat Robinsons and so on, are very loud, and conspicuous about it. I think we tend to assume those who don’t say anything different all agree with what the others in their general group are saying, but I don’t know that that’s the case.

Part of why I think many Christians don’t actually think Jesus is coming back, and the “End Times” stuff, is because most Christians don’t actually read the bible, or think about their religion. They feel it’s good enough to believe that Jesus and “God” love them, and they get to go to heaven when they die as long as they love “God”. The rest are details I think most Christians could not care less about. So they don’t really care about things like Noah and the flood, Adam and Eve, Jesus coming back, etc… I feel most believe they are going to live a normal life, without Jesus knocking on the door one day to take them to heaven. That they will die a normal, natural death, and wake up in heaven and see their Dad, Mom, other relatives and friends again, and their pet dog from when they were in the fourth grade. And will later be met by their children and grandchildren as time passes and other friends and relatives as time passes, and eventually new, yet to even be born people as well.

I do think that’s how MOST Christians actually view their religion. I think MOST Christians don’t think twice about “Jesus’ return”.

I could be wrong. It could be most all of them think he’s coming back one day. I may be biased in that I never believe any of this stuff myself, so I tend to have a hard time believing that people actually do. But most Christians I know seem to be the way I described. The one’s you tend to argue with are the Pat Robinson types, but I feel like most Christians go unnoticed as Christians, because they don’t say this stuff, because they don’t really care.

The question is basically, I’m I wrong? Is it worse than I think? I know how bad the worst of it is, and how massive a number of these people there are in the world, and in my country, but is it really the majority of how Christians think, or just a louder more vocal, conspicuous comparatively speaking minority?

18-04-2014, 12:37 PM

I do think most Christians believe there will be a day when Jesus comes back to the earth and it ends our way of life as we know it now. But I think most also don't believe it will happen within their own lifetime. But then you get these morons saying it's going to happen any day now and some people believe it. I got sucked into this for a short time myself when I was about 18. There was a shrine where Mary was supposedly appearing and telling a seer there that the end times were upon us. It scared the crap out of me for awhile and when I finally came to realize it was nonsense, it was one of the first seeds that showed me the BS that religion is. It opened the door for me to start evaluating what I was being told much more carefully.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
18-04-2014, 02:12 PM
(18-04-2014 12:31 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 11:46 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I hear the "end times" shit a lot. They really play it up after some natural disaster has happened. You get your asshole preachers like Pat Robertson going "See! That's God's wrath! It's a sign that the end is near!" Never mind the fact that they are called "natural" disasters for a reason. There's no way that it's just nature, it's obviously God!

Oh I agree with you on this, completely. I have one of these Christians who sits a desk over from me at work all day long and relishes in the natural disasters of the world for the exact same reasons you've mentioned. You are dead on in your critique of it, and I agree.

But just to be clearer in my question, and I’m not trying to hijack this thread, I think this question is relevant. I’m just curious many people who claim to be Christian actually believe “The End” will happen, and Jesus well “return” and “magic” up the earth, verses those who think not of it at all, or actually in their heart of hearts do not think it’s a thing that will really actually happen.

Most Christians I know, don’t ever say word one about their religion, or when they do it sounds more habitual than intentive. I think a great many of them don’t actually believe or bother with the Jesus coming back, and book of revelation stuff. But because they don’t, you don’t hear them for the very reason that they don’t talk about. Especially because if they were to say they don’t believe that part of it, it sounds like they are saying they don’t believe the bible, which they don’t want to do so they just remain quilt. And many others around them do the same so they don’t really know what their neighbor thinks of it, so they don’t want to step out on a limb and say anything, especially when they don’t really care about it in the first place.

But these other types, your Pat Robinsons and so on, are very loud, and conspicuous about it. I think we tend to assume those who don’t say anything different all agree with what the others in their general group are saying, but I don’t know that that’s the case.

Part of why I think many Christians don’t actually think Jesus is coming back, and the “End Times” stuff, is because most Christians don’t actually read the bible, or think about their religion. They feel it’s good enough to believe that Jesus and “God” love them, and they get to go to heaven when they die as long as they love “God”. The rest are details I think most Christians could not care less about. So they don’t really care about things like Noah and the flood, Adam and Eve, Jesus coming back, etc… I feel most believe they are going to live a normal life, without Jesus knocking on the door one day to take them to heaven. That they will die a normal, natural death, and wake up in heaven and see their Dad, Mom, other relatives and friends again, and their pet dog from when they were in the fourth grade. And will later be met by their children and grandchildren as time passes and other friends and relatives as time passes, and eventually new, yet to even be born people as well.

I do think that’s how MOST Christians actually view their religion. I think MOST Christians don’t think twice about “Jesus’ return”.

I could be wrong. It could be most all of them think he’s coming back one day. I may be biased in that I never believe any of this stuff myself, so I tend to have a hard time believing that people actually do. But most Christians I know seem to be the way I described. The one’s you tend to argue with are the Pat Robinson types, but I feel like most Christians go unnoticed as Christians, because they don’t say this stuff, because they don’t really care.

The question is basically, I’m I wrong? Is it worse than I think? I know how bad the worst of it is, and how massive a number of these people there are in the world, and in my country, but is it really the majority of how Christians think, or just a louder more vocal, conspicuous comparatively speaking minority?

It's hard to tell how many actually believe it. The more passionate they are about their religion, the more bullshit they tend to believe. When I started questioning religion, I realized the end times thing was just another powerful control tool. "The meek shall inherit the Earth" and all that crap, while the people preaching it live a life of luxury and laugh at all the suckers who bought into it.

I know that a lot of people who aren't vocal about the whole end times thing still actually believe it, and even go along with the hateful shit that people like Pat Robertson preach after disasters by sharing these quotes and stuff through emails and Facebook posts. It's like they are looking for a free pass on the whole thing: "Oh, I didn't say that myself. Pat Robertson said it and I just agreed with it." Well, if you agreed with it then you're just as guilty as the guy who said it! It's like somebody saying "I'm not racist. All I did was share and agree with this article that says that black people are inferior to white people!"

I think we tend to look at it as a measure of how vocal somebody is about it - in other words, the vocal people believe it, but the others really don't - and that's really not accurate, because you have a lot of people who do agree with it that don't vocalize it, or you get people who, instead of being loud about, go about it in a sly manner by using shared emails and Facebook posts about it.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
18-04-2014, 02:15 PM
[Image: funny-jesus-joke-dad-says-i-can-come-back.jpg]

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
18-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Not on Darryls watch!

[Image: Darryl-Dixon-daryl-dixon-26455132-590-375.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
18-04-2014, 02:48 PM
(18-04-2014 02:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  [Image: funny-jesus-joke-dad-says-i-can-come-back.jpg]

[Image: jesus-coming-back.jpg]

[Image: Signature_zpsjgsfbhda.gif]
[+] 9 users Like JDog554's post
18-04-2014, 02:58 PM
(18-04-2014 11:25 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  He's been jerking off for 2,000 years. It's about time he came.

More like he's been jerking us off.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post