Christian Apologists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2015, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 03:39 PM by Shadow Fox.)
Christian Apologists
I think I have just thought of why they are called Apologists. It is because for all the stuff they have done in human history and all of the atrocities they have committed, and of all the tens and hundreds of millions of people who are permanantly psychologically damaged from a life time of being absolutely convinced that they are completely worthless and surrounded by people constantly threatening them on a 24/7 basis, they certainly have a LOT to apologize to the world for.

Now this goes for every religion. There is a reason why only religion has apologists and Atheists like us have debaters.

What do you all think of this? This good? I think its a hilarious play on words.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: Christian Apologists
(04-06-2015 02:40 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I think I have just thought of why they are called Apologists. It is because for all the stuff they have done in human history and all of the atrocities they have committed, and of all the tens and hundreds of millions of people who are permanantly psychologically damaged from a life time of being absolutely convinced that they are completely worthless and surrounded by people constantly threatening them on a 24/7 basis, they certainly have a LOT to apologize to the world for.

Now this goes for every religion. There is a reason why only religion has apologists and Atheists like us have debaters.

What do you all think of this? Do you think this is sound reasoning or is there a fallacy located within it?

An apologia is a written, formal defense or justification of one's position, convictions, or beliefs.
Hence, the author of an apologia is an apologist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Christian Apologists
The Christian apologists try to reconcile their faith with reason. They are typically intelligent and some of their mental gymnastics are quite impressive. Their quixotic efforts can be quite entertaining. KingsChosen posted a site but I can't recall it now. Even though some of their arguments can be quite elegant they are invariably based on accepting premises which are neither self-evident or obvious. "Let us assume for the sake of argument that I have a 12" penis."

#sigh
Find all posts by this user