Christian Article: Do Atheists Lack Belief in God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Christian Article: Do Atheists Lack Belief in God?
(13-05-2015 12:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  If I were to attempt to convince you of any of those, I would present the available evidence. The evidence has, in fact, been available to you but you seem to resist even looking at it.

Sorry, I've heard more compelling cases for Noah's Ark. I lack a belief in these half hearted explanations.

I say half-hearted because to me it appears that many atheists have become too comfortable arguing as if they lack beliefs, than when it comes time to defend their worldviews it's evident that they haven't thought too much about it to form a compelling argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2015, 01:04 PM
(13-05-2015 01:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-05-2015 12:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  If I were to attempt to convince you of any of those, I would present the available evidence. The evidence has, in fact, been available to you but you seem to resist even looking at it.

Sorry, I've heard more compelling cases for Noah's Ark. I lack a belief in these half hearted explanations.

I say half-hearted because to me it appears that many atheists have become too comfortable arguing as if they lack beliefs, than when it comes time to defend their worldviews it's evident that they haven't thought too much about it to form a compelling argument.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-05-2015, 01:04 PM
(13-05-2015 10:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I have to say Tomasia, you do have a lot of stamina. I don't know how you keep up with all the debates with all the atheists on the forum. Even though I don't always agree with you--u r tenacious I will give you that. Smile Do you drink a bottle of Gatorade before you come on here Consider Tongue

lol, no I sometimes have a lot of downtime in between work, and before the wife returns. And stirring the pot here is usually a good way to kill some time. It's all in good spirit.
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
13-05-2015, 01:07 PM
(13-05-2015 01:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

I would say again you're gonna have problems in the world understanding perspectives if you go on, "it appears to me" and you might say that seems illogical. You want to devoid yourself from any of your assumptions and preconceptions if you're trying to understand as much as possible of any situation. Try to stop viewing positions and things in a way of contrasting or bubbled down and you might be able to gather the information of what is actually thought by others better.

I wouldn't call that position you proclaimed dishonest at all. You're right that if you're not making a position of certainty, you shouldn't be held to any standard of certainty. So why do you deem it dishonest still?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson