Christian Bale and the schizophrenic Moses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Christian Bale and the schizophrenic Moses
Ha! So actor, Christian Bale made some comments about playing Moses in a new movie that's coming out and called Moses "schizophrenic" and "barbaric". News flash: Christian's everywhere are in a snit over it. I say "Christians everywhere" but it's mostly American Christians. Apparently Christian Bale hadn't read the Bubble much and the discovery that Moses was a maniac was news to him.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ch...ric-743874

I don't plan on seeing this movie but I think it's such fun to see the religious right get their panties in a twist. Laughat

On a couple of websites I posted that Moses was a myth and this didn't go over very well with believers, resulting in more twisted panties. Big GrinTongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-10-2014, 09:56 AM
RE: Christian Bale and the schizophrenic Moses
I wonder if these vocal Christians spend half as much time praying as they do complaining. I don't think they would know what to do with themselves if they didn't have something to whine about. I guess they aren't happy with their god and his plan. Undecided

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
30-10-2014, 10:56 AM
One of my favorite Bible stories involves Moses. Shortly after the "Burning Bush" episode, during which God gives Moses the mission to lead the enslaved Israelites out of Egypt, "God tried to kill Moses" ("tried"? What sort of God is this?) -- apparently because he had neglected to circumcise his son. Fortunately for Moses, his quick-thinking wife grabbed a sharp stone and did the deed, and all was well again.

In this story, at least, God appears to be a good deal more schizophrenic than Moses. Assign someone an important mission, and immediately afterward try to kill him?!? WTAF?
30-10-2014, 11:25 AM
(30-10-2014 10:56 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  One of my favorite Bible stories involves Moses. Shortly after the "Burning Bush" episode, during which God gives Moses the mission to lead the enslaved Israelites out of Egypt, "God tried to kill Moses" ("tried"? What sort of God is this?) -- apparently because he had neglected to circumcise his son. Fortunately for Moses, his quick-thinking wife grabbed a sharp stone and did the deed, and all was well again.

In this story, at least, God appears to be a good deal more schizophrenic than Moses. Assign someone an important mission, and immediately afterward try to kill him?!? WTAF?

Yeah....I like "tried".
LMAO

Dude
Whut?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
30-10-2014, 11:33 AM
The fact that God even had to "remember" that he made a pact with the Hebrews after several generations were being enslaved was enough for me. I don't think I ever got to the Moses attempted kill before literally laughter halted any attempt to read the bible in whole by me.

It makes me enjoy the youtube show Mr. Deity more because that truly the perfect depiction of that god to ever grace my sights.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-11-2014, 06:42 AM
(30-10-2014 11:25 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(30-10-2014 10:56 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  "God tried to kill Moses" ("tried"? What sort of God is this?)

Yeah....I like "tried".
LMAO

God's abilities were a bit different back then. This is the same god who couldn't defeat an army that had iron chariots.

Judges 1:19

Quote:19 And the Lord was with Judah, and he took possession of the hill country, but he could not drive out the inhabitants of the plain, because they had chariots of iron.
02-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Is there any text outside of the Old Testament that mentions Moses? I'm guessing no, but I don't know for certain.
02-11-2014, 07:04 PM
(02-11-2014 04:27 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Is there any text outside of the Old Testament that mentions Moses? I'm guessing no, but I don't know for certain.

Yes, thousands of them -- but they are all either books of the New Testament or commentaries on the Old and/or New Testament. Also, Orson Scott Card (one of my favorite science fiction/fantasy writers) wrote a fictionalized biography of Moses called Stone Tablets.

Big Grin

Sorry -- couldn't resist.
02-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Hmm... Consider I wonder what he means by "schizophrenic" other than he heard voices. Did he also mean he found Moses to be a psycho maniac with a personality disorder, perhaps?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-11-2014, 08:32 PM
He's on his way to change his name to "Atheist Bale".

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post