Christian Children Songs Messages
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2012, 06:10 AM
Christian Children Songs Messages
Every weekend at my local Wal-Mart I happen to encounter this annoying collection of kids songs when going by the infants toys section. There are a few annoying beats but there is always one that gets me signing it in mockery. That would be the old Christian song, Rise and Shine: Children of the Lord

I never learned this song as a kid when I went to Sunday School. I recall laughing at it hearing it on TV as a child though while my older sister said she knew it.

The disturbing part of it is the message, the full lyrics are here:

The point of it is telling the story of Noah via song. You can go off on how that's skewed all the time in a good way but the kicker is:

The Lord said to Noah:
There's gonna be a floody, floody
Get those children out of the muddy, muddy
Children of the Lord

So, Rise and Shine and give God the glory glory! (repeating)

The only conceivable message I find listening to this over and over is that YOU better get up and praise God for not killing you and your direct ancestor in the flood.

It makes me curious, are the other "Sunday school" songs really as blatantly bad lessons when you look at them?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2012, 09:12 AM
RE: Christian Children Songs Messages
The trouble is in that there aren't any actually friendly messages to be made into songs from the bible. So when you can't see the glory of mass murder all of the songs hold a terrible message.

I mean I didn't even get quite what you did from the song, I got that the kids should be grateful that their god is trying to kill them and will undoubtedly kill everyone they know including kids too slow to get into the boat.

It gets worse when you are familiar with the story of Noah. Because all the kids die.
Now sing along kids.

Gods a terrible creator
The biggest all time hater,
he'll kill you for no reason,
drown you in any season.

Cheer for the glory of god.... right?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
16-03-2012, 05:20 PM
It's settled. God hates children.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
16-03-2012, 05:27 PM
You missed the hidden message. Kids are messy little gits.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
16-03-2012, 08:35 PM
What if... we dissect the meaning of the old children Christian songs, and use it for educational purposes? This could be a potential fun family activity.

Jesus loves me, this I know
False hope and blind belief using unverified evidence. This song reminds me of this person
[Image: il-420x0.jpg]
A simple substitution of the words "Jesus" and "Bible" with "Leader" can easily convert this song into a cute little North Korean propaganda song.

I'm in the Lord's Army
Song Lyrics
[Image: monty-python.jpg]
Welcome all young children to your forced military service for an omnipotent deity who is too lazy to do the killing himself! Don't think, just obey your Lord's command and defeat the infidels! Don't worry about blindly charging for the sake of your Lord, it gets you to your final destination faster!

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
Song Lyrics
[Image: 325554_f520.jpg]
A subtle hint of world domination throughout the song. You can't see Him, he's everywhere, Big Brother is monitoring your every move. Heck, you are trapped within his grasp, like the Monkey King in Buddha's hand.

Well, most children Christian songs go along the lines of praising the Lord's omnipotence and how powerful he is, and how much he loves the little children. It's a subtle way of brainwashing. Oh, your Supreme Leader loves you. His beautiful gaze is what makes the world beautiful. Long ago, the Supreme Leader waved his hands, and our beautiful land is formed. We shall work for our Dear Leader, and gaze upon his beautiful eyes.

Riveting tale chap, now show me the evidence... AND THEN YOU GO ALL PHILOSOPHICAL.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post