Christian Debate thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: Christian Debate thread.
(21-06-2012 02:18 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Look at this bullshit.... I don't think we would ever do this to them.

Let me see if I have this right: people with irrational beliefs acting defensive and irrational. Is that about right?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2012, 04:10 PM
(21-06-2012 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-06-2012 02:18 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Look at this bullshit.... I don't think we would ever do this to them.

Let me see if I have this right: people with irrational beliefs acting defensive and irrational. Is that about right?
Yupp Dodgy

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2012, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 05:01 PM by ideasonscribe.)
(21-06-2012 03:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Now where did I put my theist bashing stick? Oh right... here it is Big Grin

You don't need to worry about them. It's not like they're on a team with you or anything, they're not letting the side down or whatever Wink Everyone works things out for themselves. Just the same, people like that prat in the other thread set my teeth on edge a bit with the sort of gung ho idea that atheists should be out there doing their bit and debating with Christians to *save the world ™*...

Jeez I'm grouchy this week :ange
5b4
l:

You're right though, they act the way they act and it doesn't have a lot to do with me as a person Smile
But, on the other hand, when they act the way they do and say "In the name of Theism", then it bothers me. (They don't literally say that, lol you know what I mean)

It helps me when I think of it like this - There are Terrorists in the Middle East, Terrorists have attacked our Twin Towers, therefore, all people in the Middle East have the mindset of Terrorists.
It's simply not true. The people that live in the Middle East may feel just as badly about what they did as us Americans feel about it.
Then you have some dipstick Americans that get all nervous and judgmental when they see an Indian with a turban.

/rant

Edit: I spelled 'Indian' wrong. I fixed it though so everything's ok..

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
21-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Christians...
[Image: free-speech-payback.jpg]

...making everyone else look intelligent since day one.

Y U expect otherwise?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-06-2012, 08:52 PM
A nutty idea.
Why not start a "faux" christian website and lure them into traps.
Set them up for ridicule, spoofs, etc.
sarcasm at it's finest.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
21-06-2012, 09:09 PM
(21-06-2012 08:52 PM)Thomas Wrote:  A nutty idea.
Why not start a "faux" christian website and lure them into traps.
Set them up for ridicule, spoofs, etc.
sarcasm at it's finest.
Why? Because they don't know ridicule, sarcasm, spoofs; they'll multiply like roaches and chase you outta your own house. Sometimes I think about just killing them all... but that's wrong. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Funny how it's usually the theist forums that end up banning you, over-moderating and trying to stifle discussion... Almost like they didn't have much confidence in their ability to defend their beliefs, huh?

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
22-06-2012, 12:49 AM
godhatesshrimp
22-06-2012, 01:00 AM
So we are all surprised when moderators evict trolls, then? Christian or atheist, this will happen. Don't be too self righteous in claiming superiority when you are moderated or banned for ignoring forum rules.
Yes, it is dumb to have Christian-only forums - especially a Christian-only apologetics forum, but don't forget you're in their living room.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
22-06-2012, 01:47 AM
(22-06-2012 01:00 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So we are all surprised when moderators evict trolls, then? Christian or atheist, this will happen. Don't be too self righteous in claiming superiority when you are moderated or banned for ignoring forum rules.
Yes, it is dumb to have Christian-only forums - especially a Christian-only apologetics forum, but don't forget you're in their living room.
That's a fair point, you are after all a guest on their site.