Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2016, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2016 06:56 PM by Bzltyr.)
Christian Doctrine
I am going to post what somone posted and questions he wanted me to address.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2016, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2016 06:56 PM by Bzltyr.)
RE: Christian Doctrine
Deleted post
16-12-2016, 03:08 PM
The Doctrine of Hell
People go to Hell because they do not want to be with God and Jesus and me in Heaven. Their choice. At the world's end a person can spend eternity with God or not with God. Not with God is called Hell. If you don't want to spend time with God now on Earth your probably don't want to spend eternity with Him. God is good - all the good. No God there is no good. Hell has no God so no good.

Christian doctrine does not say that Jesus will save only those who avoid sins. The exact opposite is true. The price and punishment for all sin was paid on the cross of Jesus Christ. Even the Bald Guy's.

The sin that sends one to Hell is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. In other words rejecting the Good News of Jesus Christ takin care of sin for you.

Babies - No
Haven't heard - No, more to it than just that.
Ghandi - Loved the message of Christ hated the Christians.
Omni-God - That one goes deep and I will have a lot of trouble explaining why God does what He does unless it is in the Bible.
What sin? - Rejecting Jesus' redeeming you.
The pain He feels is sadness for you for rejecting Christ.
16-12-2016, 03:13 PM
The Doctrine of Original Sin

I know this is a hard one to accept. I usually ask the person have you been perfect? No. Then you have sinned and fallen short so if there were no original sin you blew it anyway.

It seems that God created man for relationship reasons. God, in the trinity has a relationship with Jesus and the Holy Spirit and spread that around to man. It is difficult to have a real relationship with a robot who cannot reject you and has no free-will to love you or hate you. He made man with the choice to enter into that relationship with him or not. Make sense, you asked - yep, make sense to me.
16-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Vicarious Redemption

Really bad people going to Heaven. Who sets the bar? If you had a graph of all sin that went from one to a million your sin and my sin and Hitler's sin would all be a million and perfection would be zero. If you understand percentages you will realize that you and I are as bad as Hitler relative to perfection. Simplistic, I know, but I hope you get the idea.

Jesus died for the sins of the dictator. It is nice to know you believe in objective morality.

One person CAN NOT ATONE for the sins of another.

Says you. If God exists He gets to make the rules. Jesus atoned for your sins and God is not mad at you in the least.
16-12-2016, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2016 06:57 PM by Bzltyr.)
Deleted post.
16-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Are you a Christian?
16-12-2016, 03:22 PM
@Bzltyr

So God isn't omniscient since he isn't in hell if I understand your point?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
16-12-2016, 03:26 PM
(16-12-2016 03:20 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Are you a Christian?

Why yes, Aliza, I am.
16-12-2016, 03:28 PM
(16-12-2016 03:22 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Bzltyr

So God isn't omniscient since he isn't in hell if I understand your point?

Well, omniscient means all-knowing. Omnipresent means HE is everywhere. When Jesus casts Satan into Hell after the 1000 year reign of Christ God and His goodness will not be in Hell. It is sealed.