Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 03:15 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(17-12-2016 01:16 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I may have stated things people disagreed with but they were not lies.
Thats pretty bald faced, but i take RS76s advice and give you the benefit of doubt, that the protective mechanisms in your polluted mind dont allow you to spot your own dishonesty anymore.

(17-12-2016 01:16 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I have received 9 negatives. Did I really say something so terrible that I should receive a negative.
Quote:Remember, it is not part of a Christian's moral code to lie. It is ingrained in the atheist to lie because there are no repercussions
Did you actually read your rep comments? Should we count that as a lie, ignorance or trolling? Would you give someone pos rep if he came to your forum, called you a liar, threatened you with eternal torture, and claimed moral high ground, all in the same breath?

(17-12-2016 01:16 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I have been called a liar numerous time when I have not lied once.
Im not gonna rewind to the slavery topic or all the other nonsense where you had to be considered to be ignorant at best and a liar for Jesus at worst (and someone who is lying to himself to avoid cognitive dissonance somewhere in the middle).
So, lets start with these two gems:
(16-12-2016 07:55 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  No thought police in Christianity. You will not be punished for what you think or even what you do - by God.
(15-12-2016 08:30 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Christian morality states that if you even think you should do good and do not then you have sinned.

What does the bible say about blashpeming the holy spirit? And why the "- by god" part? So you can backpedal again to "you brought this to yourself"? Thats dishonest.
What exaclty happens to sinners? In this case to people who didnt do anything literally? And what did you say in the quote above this quote?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
17-12-2016, 03:16 PM
(17-12-2016 03:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I was two years on a forum going through most of the alleged errors in the Bible. None changed my mind about the accuracy of the text we have today.

Well I'm impressed with the resistance of your mind to change.

You agree with me that regardless of divine inspiration, human hands wrote the Bible? And you believe that the Bible is shown to be divine and not a man made creation by... what exactly?

For me the idea of a book being written by a deity is somewhat ludicrous, so if I am to believe this story I require some sort of external confirmation beyond a verse in the Bible saying "this is the word of God". Can you provide such a thing?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
17-12-2016, 03:16 PM
(17-12-2016 01:45 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm open to talk about your delusional thoughts.
Have a seat on the couch.

What shall we talk about? Better be careful I am an awful person with 10 negatives you may end up under your bed crying.

It has happened to others. Let us hope you are made of sterner stuff.
17-12-2016, 03:21 PM
(17-12-2016 03:15 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 01:16 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I may have stated things people disagreed with but they were not lies.

Would you give someone pos rep if he came to your forum, called you a liar, threatened you with eternal torture, and claimed moral high ground, all in the same breath?

Never called anyone a liar.
17-12-2016, 03:22 PM
(17-12-2016 03:14 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 02:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Also I would like evidence that homosexuality harms the homosexual? I mean, sure, maybe a lil' buttsex is technically a bit more dangerous than normal sex due to bacteria and so forth, but I can't see a reason for a deity-inspired prohibition there. Ideally a peer-reviewed paper using a large data set showing that the well-being of homosexuals is significantly worse than that of heterosexuals.

I'd also like to know what the proposed cure for the problem is? Abstinence? Pray the gay away? Stoning (more effective than prayer I believe)?

Rom 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

This tells us that sin makes you a servant. Sin has its consequences. Death.

I am thinking "Pray the Gay away." It has been done. People do similar things all the time. People deny their urges all the time. Keptos learn not to steal. Pedophiles learn not to attack kids. Liars learn to tell the truth.

God loves homosexuals.

I am afraid that I do not accept the validity of the Bible as a source of fact. Nor do most people in the world. Only Christians, and that not all of them - many do not say that being gay is sinful either. So you're kind of on your own there mate, unless you want to first explain to me why I should accept the Bible. This is the same as if I were to say to you that the reason you are not allowed to eat beef is that Lord Shiva will be angry. Lord Shiva means nothing to you, neither does your God mean anything to me. If the negative aspect of homosexuality is that it supposedly pisses off your invisible God, then that's absolutely not evidence that being gay is harmful to the gay person.

I can accept that that is why you *think* it is harmful, but I asked you for *evidence* that it is harmful.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
17-12-2016, 03:28 PM
(17-12-2016 02:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Marriage was designed by God in the Garden of Eden for Adam and Eve. Gays getting married by the state I have no problem with. It is not sanctioned by God.

Another notch amigo. This isn't looking good. While I'm glad you recognise the separation of church and state, it still seems a pretty dick move to speak for God, when there do exist gay Christians. BTW you must be aware of old testament teachings on marriage? There's a rather entertaining infographic showing the various forms. Slavery, concubines and marrying one's rapist are all mentioned.

Why would it matter if Christians approve of homosexual activity or marriage? Bzltyr isn't moving to deny homosexual their legal rights, so who cares what he thinks?

(btw, Bzltyr, I'm only assuming that the pronoun "he" is appropriate. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.)

(17-12-2016 02:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Abortion kills a child. Not a fan.
I'm interested in your stance on policy. If I am not a Christian, are you OK with me getting an abortion?

I don't personally give a flying fuck if Christians approve or disapprove of my abortion habits. I'm not seeking their permission or blessing, and their opinions never even get considered in my decision making process.

Wait, did I understand that right? MD, if you ever get an abortion, I hope it will be covered in some kind of science or medical journal.

(17-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Catholics have added a bunch of man-made traditions to there religion. What I have notice is that the traditions tend to be more important. Not saying Catholics cannot be Christian but it hard to find truth their.

Mormonism does not teach true Christianity.
It is not consistent with the Bible.

Baptist tend to teach the Bible. They teach Christianity and salvation properly.

Salvation is personal. A Christian can come out of atheism Bahai Hindu etc. It s personal. I gave my opinion when answering this question.

Are these people hurting or bothering you, Bzltyr?

(17-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I believe the world as we know shows that God must exist. The awesomeness of the Bible tells me it is His Word so we can know Him through the Bible
Answered above.

Okay, so you believe this, but so what? What am I supposed to do with this information? Really, all you've done here is make stand-alone statements.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
17-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Posted by Deese23:
What does the bible say about blashpeming the holy spirit? And why the "- by god" part? So you can backpedal again to "you brought this to yourself"? Thats dishonest.
What exaclty happens to sinners? In this case to people who didnt do anything literally? And what did you say in the quote above this quote?

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin.
You will not be punished "by God" for your sins. He laid them on Christ and they have been forgiven. Sin does have consequences here on Earth.
The Bible is not clear on the final outcome of all people. I mean people prior to Jesus.
Not sure what "quote above this quote" you mean.
17-12-2016, 03:30 PM
(17-12-2016 03:14 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 02:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Also I would like evidence that homosexuality harms the homosexual? I mean, sure, maybe a lil' buttsex is technically a bit more dangerous than normal sex due to bacteria and so forth, but I can't see a reason for a deity-inspired prohibition there. Ideally a peer-reviewed paper using a large data set showing that the well-being of homosexuals is significantly worse than that of heterosexuals.

I'd also like to know what the proposed cure for the problem is? Abstinence? Pray the gay away? Stoning (more effective than prayer I believe)?

Rom 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

This tells us that sin makes you a servant. Sin has its consequences. Death.

I am thinking "Pray the Gay away." It has been done. People do similar things all the time. People deny their urges all the time. Keptos learn not to steal. Pedophiles learn not to attack kids. Liars learn to tell the truth.

God loves homosexuals.

Not remotely fun fact; people who have undergone so-called 'conversion therapy' (praying the gay away) when compared to people who haven't are: 8 times more likely to commit suicide. 6 times more likely to fall into severe depression. 3 times as likely to begin using illicit substances, and have the same increased chance of contracting STIs.

Let us have no delusions on this; conversion therapy kills people, and continue to proponents encourage it.

They kill people.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
17-12-2016, 03:32 PM
(17-12-2016 03:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  [quote='morondog' pid='1105676' dateline='1482006912']

Okay, so you believe this, but so what? What am I supposed to do with this information? Really, all you've done here is make stand-alone statements.

I am a he.

Nope not really hurting me. Some are telling lies that may divert someone from accepting Christ. The Mormons for instance.

I believe God exists because I do not think was could have what we have without Him. Like a universe.
Weren't they kind of stand alone questions.
17-12-2016, 03:34 PM
(17-12-2016 03:32 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Weren't they kind of stand alone questions.

Yes, you're right. I had forgotten that you were responding to specific questions asked.