Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(17-12-2016 03:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Why would it matter if Christians approve of homosexual activity or marriage? Bzltyr isn't moving to deny homosexual their legal rights, so who cares what he thinks?
Oh I know it's all legally fine, and I'm happy for that. I care what he thinks because for example there *are* gay Christians who *would* like to get married in a church wedding and frankly I think that'd be pretty cool for them. But ol' Bzltyr is there with the rest of his crowd spoiling the fun, and claiming that God doesn't like it. It's not legally anything to worry about, but like I said, I still think it's a dick move.

Quote:I don't personally give a flying fuck if Christians approve or disapprove of my abortion habits. I'm not seeking their permission or blessing, and their opinions never even get considered in my decision making process.

Wait, did I understand that right? MD, if you ever get an abortion, I hope it will be covered in some kind of science or medical journal.
I know you don't care, but what I am trying to establish is if he considers that he's got a right to set policy for people who do not share his faith, as many anti-abortionists do.

And yeah, I'll send you the journal article if it ever happens Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-12-2016, 03:37 PM
(17-12-2016 03:32 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Some are telling lies that may divert someone from accepting Christ. The Mormons for instance.

You realise that the Mormons could perfectly well accuse you of telling lies?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
17-12-2016, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2016 03:50 PM by adey67.)
I love how he keeps saying he's telling the truth, those who lie often feel the need to state how much they're telling the truth
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
17-12-2016, 03:42 PM
(17-12-2016 03:32 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I believe God exists because I do not think was could have what we have without Him. Like a universe.

Arguments from ignorance and/or incredulity are fallacious. Do you have any actual evidence for your god or is he just the god-of-the-gaps?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
17-12-2016, 03:49 PM

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-12-2016, 03:55 PM
(17-12-2016 03:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:32 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I am a he.

Nope not really hurting me. Some are telling lies that may divert someone from accepting Christ. The Mormons for instance.

I believe God exists because I do not think was could have what we have without Him. Like a universe.
Weren't they kind of stand alone questions.

(17-12-2016 03:32 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I believe God exists because I do not think was could have what we have without Him. Like a universe.

You have no specific evidence of a biblical god making the universe except a book written by ignorant people who thought bats were birds. The universe could have just as easily been created by a five headed sand worm for all you know.

(my post didn't show up)

The only evidence you have of a god making anything is from an old book written by people who thought bats were birds and insects had four legs.

The universe could have been made by a five headed sand worm for all you know.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-12-2016, 03:57 PM
(17-12-2016 03:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Spent quite a bit of time in his "Misquoting Jesus" book debating it with atheist a number of years ago.

What about "Forged"? Or his histories of early christianity and his work on the gospel of judas?

(17-12-2016 03:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
Quote:The New Testament was written in Ancient Greek by highly trained, eloquent scholars.
This the belief in certain circles. Not proven by a long shot.

That is the belief of Erhman and other biblical scholars. The same people that you trust in other aspects. Erhman himself has pointed out inconsistencies in language and history that make revisions and errors a proven fact.

Quote:There are proven mis-translations, proven forgeries and revisions.
Nope.

I will take the word of Ehrman and other biblical scholars over yours.

You do realize that the Story of Jesus and the Woman Taken in Adultery was added later along with the entire ending of the Gospel of Mark.

Quote:The bible is not the word of god. It is the word of men. Men with political and social agendas as well as their own self interest not the help of a deity.

Your opinion but not fact. Is this where the burden of proof is upon you?

No. It is the consensus of the biblical scholars.

The people who translated the versions you are reading.

(17-12-2016 03:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I was two years on a forum going through most of the alleged errors in the Bible. None changed my mind about the accuracy of the text we have today.

And this is only a testament to your resistance to new information.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-12-2016, 04:03 PM
(17-12-2016 03:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  [quote='Bzltyr' pid='1105699' dateline='1482009246']

I can accept that that is why you *think* it is harmful, but I asked you for *evidence* that it is harmful.

HIV/AIDS was not a plague sent by God but it did go through and kill many gays. The suicide rate is high. Lots of emotional problems. The facts are well known.
17-12-2016, 04:05 PM
(17-12-2016 03:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:32 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Some are telling lies that may divert someone from accepting Christ. The Mormons for instance.

You realise that the Mormons could perfectly well accuse you of telling lies?

No they can't. They can tell what the Book of Mormon says. Their religion is not from the Bible.
17-12-2016, 04:06 PM
(17-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I believe the world as we know shows that God must exist. The awesomeness of the Bible tells me it is His Word so we can know Him through the Bible

Post-hoc fallacies wrapped in circular reasoning.

Ezekiel 23;20- She lusted after their paramours, whose flesh is like the flesh of donkeys and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

Awesome! Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post