Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(17-12-2016 04:05 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  You realise that the Mormons could perfectly well accuse you of telling lies?

No they can't. They can tell what the Book of Mormon says. Their religion is not from the Bible.

And your religion is not from the true prophet Joseph Smith, the bible has been corrupted according to the Book of Mormon. Laugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2016, 04:11 PM
(17-12-2016 03:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:32 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I believe God exists because I do not think was could have what we have without Him. Like a universe.

Arguments from ignorance and/or incredulity are fallacious. Do you have any actual evidence for your god or is he just the god-of-the-gaps?

Big Bang Theory. What went bang?

The problem with meeting your "evidence for God" request is that you will require a "natural" explanation. Like the magician Amazing Randi will never pay-off because his criteria is "natural." Natural means cannot explain-prove supernatural.
17-12-2016, 04:12 PM
(17-12-2016 04:08 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:05 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  No they can't. They can tell what the Book of Mormon says. Their religion is not from the Bible.

And your religion is not from the true prophet Joseph Smith, the bible has been corrupted according to the Book of Mormon. Laugh out load

That is what they think.
17-12-2016, 04:13 PM
(17-12-2016 04:12 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:08 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  And your religion is not from the true prophet Joseph Smith, the bible has been corrupted according to the Book of Mormon. Laugh out load

That is what they think.

That is what you think. The point is, from my point of view, you are failing miserably to show any evidence that your belief is different from Mormonism.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-12-2016, 04:15 PM
(17-12-2016 04:11 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Arguments from ignorance and/or incredulity are fallacious. Do you have any actual evidence for your god or is he just the god-of-the-gaps?

The problem with meeting your "evidence for God" request is that you will require a "natural" explanation. Like the magician Amazing Randi will never pay-off because his criteria is "natural." Natural means cannot explain-prove supernatural.

Actually, it wasn't a bang. It was an expansion of spacetime. My five headed sand worm made it happen. It says so in this book I have so it must be true. Angel

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-12-2016, 04:17 PM
(17-12-2016 03:57 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Spent quite a bit of time in his "Misquoting Jesus" book debating it with atheist a number of years ago.

What about "Forged"? Or his histories of early christianity and his work on the gospel of judas?

You do realize that the Story of Jesus and the Woman Taken in Adultery was added later along with the entire ending of the Gospel of Mark.

Did not go through his other books. The one I read was not scholarly so why bother. The Jesus Seminar was a joke.

The Pericope de Adultera was absent from many early manuscripts but the story was told very early by the Christian fathers.
I have been all through this. All the evidence is out there. Look it up. You will believe what you want.
17-12-2016, 04:18 PM
(17-12-2016 04:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  I can accept that that is why you *think* it is harmful, but I asked you for *evidence* that it is harmful.

HIV/AIDS was not a plague sent by God but it did go through and kill many gays. The suicide rate is high. Lots of emotional problems. The facts are well known.

Even if HIV was a disease that only affected gay people (it isn't), your linking it to God is unjustified - it's like saying that gays cause earthquakes because God gets annoyed Rolleyes Malaria kills many Africans. Does God hate Africans?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-12-2016, 04:19 PM
(17-12-2016 04:11 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Arguments from ignorance and/or incredulity are fallacious. Do you have any actual evidence for your god or is he just the god-of-the-gaps?

Supernatural things like ohhh.. I donno, Consider Leprechauns, gnomes, fairies, Zeus, gods, Lord Shiva etc.....?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-12-2016, 04:20 PM
(17-12-2016 04:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  HIV/AIDS was not a plague sent by God but it did go through and kill many gays. The suicide rate is high. Lots of emotional problems. The facts are well known.

Even if HIV was a disease that only affected gay people (it isn't), your linking it to God is unjustified - it's like saying that gays cause earthquakes because God gets annoyed Rolleyes Malaria kills many Africans. Does God hate Africans?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
17-12-2016, 04:20 PM
(17-12-2016 04:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:12 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  That is what they think.

That is what you think. The point is, from my point of view, you are failing miserably to show any evidence that your belief is different from Mormonism.

You can look this up easily. Mormonism states that Jesus and Lucifer were spirit babies together. They believe that God ahs sex with His wives and makes spirit babies on a distant planet and the good babies are born to Mormons and the bad babies are born to black people.
Grace is not the way to salvation it is a works-based religion.

Way different - do some research and you will see it is not even close.