Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
PS please justify your statement that HIV / AIDS was not a plague sent by God? How do you know that? Or is it just something that God told you?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-12-2016, 04:23 PM
(17-12-2016 04:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  That is what you think. The point is, from my point of view, you are failing miserably to show any evidence that your belief is different from Mormonism.

You can look this up easily. Mormonism states that Jesus and Lucifer were spirit babies together. They believe that God ahs sex with His wives and makes spirit babies on a distant planet and the good babies are born to Mormons and the bad babies are born to black people.
Grace is not the way to salvation it is a works-based religion.

Way different - do some research and you will see it is not even close.

How you view Mormonism is pretty much how I view Christianity. The very description of the religion invalidates itself to my view. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
(17-12-2016 04:20 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  Even if HIV was a disease that only affected gay people (it isn't), your linking it to God is unjustified - it's like saying that gays cause earthquakes because God gets annoyed Rolleyes Malaria kills many Africans. Does God hate Africans?

Read a little closer. I expressly did not link it to God. Very few heterosexuals died from aids. Those that did had receive transfusions or been in contact with bi-sexuals. This is not an absolute as I do not have all the records.

Malaria kills Africans because the tree-huggers got DDT banned.
(17-12-2016 04:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  That is what you think. The point is, from my point of view, you are failing miserably to show any evidence that your belief is different from Mormonism.

You can look this up easily. Mormonism states that Jesus and Lucifer were spirit babies together. They believe that God ahs sex with His wives and makes spirit babies on a distant planet and the good babies are born to Mormons and the bad babies are born to black people.

My point is the level of evidence you can offer is the same. Why should I choose your "True" faith over Mormonism?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-12-2016, 04:25 PM
(17-12-2016 04:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  [quote='Bzltyr' pid='1105751' dateline='1482013245']

How you view Mormonism is pretty much how I view Christianity. The very description of the religion invalidates itself to my view. Drinking Beverage

Do you mean it is some kind of bastardization or invalid extension of Judaism? Or basically just crap?
17-12-2016, 04:26 PM
(17-12-2016 04:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  You can look this up easily. Mormonism states that Jesus and Lucifer were spirit babies together. They believe that God ahs sex with His wives and makes spirit babies on a distant planet and the good babies are born to Mormons and the bad babies are born to black people.

My point is the level of evidence you can offer is the same. Why should I choose your "True" faith over Mormonism?

You won't have to buy weird underwear is a good enough reason for me.
17-12-2016, 04:26 PM
(17-12-2016 04:23 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Read a little closer. I expressly did not link it to God. Very few heterosexuals died from aids. Those that did had receive transfusions or been in contact with bi-sexuals. This is not an absolute as I do not have all the records.
And therefore you think that this is evidence that God thinks being gay is bad even though God didn't send the plague?

Quote:Malaria kills Africans because the tree-huggers got DDT banned.
Oh goody, you don't like that industrial chemicals get banned because of their effects on the environment. I'm sure God could unban DDT if he wanted. Or not send malaria to plague us in the first place. Why doesn't this good God of yours do so?

17-12-2016, 04:27 PM
(17-12-2016 04:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  PS please justify your statement that HIV / AIDS was not a plague sent by God? How do you know that? Or is it just something that God told you?

The NT clearly teaches that God is not wrathful. Jesus was the recipient of all God's wrath.
17-12-2016, 04:28 PM
(17-12-2016 04:26 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  My point is the level of evidence you can offer is the same. Why should I choose your "True" faith over Mormonism?

You won't have to buy weird underwear is a good enough reason for me.

So you're telling me that a crucial decision such as the salvation of my eternal soul can be brushed off with a facetious reference to underwear? Or you're telling me that there is nothing to choose between your two faiths and you could equally well be wrong and they correct?

17-12-2016, 04:29 PM
(17-12-2016 04:27 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  PS please justify your statement that HIV / AIDS was not a plague sent by God? How do you know that? Or is it just something that God told you?

The NT clearly teaches that God is not wrathful. Jesus was the recipient of all God's wrath.

So this omnipotent God who loves us and sends horrible diseases like the black death and the Spanish flu to us... they're just tokens of affection?