Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 04:30 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(17-12-2016 04:25 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  How you view Mormonism is pretty much how I view Christianity. The very description of the religion invalidates itself to my view. Drinking Beverage

Do you mean it is some kind of bastardization or invalid extension of Judaism? Or basically just crap?

Christianity has nothing to do with Judaism. Christianity's message didn't come from Judaism at all, but rather, it seems to have come from pagan religions in Roman Empire. These pagan ideas were superimposed onto Judaism from religiously uneducated people (probably Jews) and the discrepancies are as obvious to a Jewish audience as the discrepancies of Mormonism are obvious to a (traditionally) Christian audience.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
17-12-2016, 04:30 PM
(17-12-2016 04:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:23 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Read a little closer. I expressly did not link it to God. Very few heterosexuals died from aids. Those that did had receive transfusions or been in contact with bi-sexuals. This is not an absolute as I do not have all the records.
And therefore you think that this is evidence that God thinks being gay is bad even though God didn't send the plague?
The NT tells us that homosexuality is an abomination.

Quote:Malaria kills Africans because the tree-huggers got DDT banned.
Oh goody, you don't like that industrial chemicals get banned because of their effects on the environment. I'm sure God could unban DDT if he wanted. Or not send malaria to plague us in the first place. Why doesn't this good God of yours do so?
[/quote]

You are so argumentative that you go have gone beyond discussing reasonably.
17-12-2016, 04:33 PM
(17-12-2016 04:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:27 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The NT clearly teaches that God is not wrathful. Jesus was the recipient of all God's wrath.

So this omnipotent God who loves us and sends horrible diseases like the black death and the Spanish flu to us... they're just tokens of affection?

Sin causes the disease etc. When sin entered the world.
17-12-2016, 04:33 PM
(17-12-2016 04:11 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 03:42 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Arguments from ignorance and/or incredulity are fallacious. Do you have any actual evidence for your god or is he just the god-of-the-gaps?

Big Bang Theory. What went bang?

The problem with meeting your "evidence for God" request is that you will require a "natural" explanation. Like the magician Amazing Randi will never pay-off because his criteria is "natural." Natural means cannot explain-prove supernatural.

The problem with meeting your standard fo revidence is that you are (too) gullible.
Rational thinkers and sceptics accept propositions only if they can be investigated by a methodology suited to find out what is true/real and what not. Science happens to be the only reliable methodology so far to provide this. Science relies on falsifiability. Supernatural is not falsibiable (yet), so we dont accept supernatural propositions, because we arent able to investigate them.
If you are willing to accept fundamental propositions like "god exists" or "god created the universe" and are doing so based on methodologies (what metodology would you use?) less reliable than science, then you are welcome to do so, but you will be called out for what you are then: gullible.

I, like most people, happen to think that the BBT is the model that currently matches best the observations we have made so far. However it is absolutely irrelevant (just like evolution, deja vu) to my atheism. I can reject the comical and incoherent (because there are two different creation myths in the bible) notion that is also inconsistent with what we observe (bible claims that plants were created before light, which is hardly possible, 6 days = laughable, etc. pp.) without having to propose an alternative theory like the BBT.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
17-12-2016, 04:35 PM
Reputation is just one measure of a poster's worth. It usually has precious little to do with whether somebody agrees or disagrees and is more typically linked to honesty and assholishness.

For example, we had a rabid anti-theist wander through a few months back. Despite having an overall ideology that was more closely aligned to mine (less the raving spittal and vitriol) he rapidly earned a lot of Neg Rep for being generally bastardly. He didn't get it because he believed something different, he got it beause he was a raving jack-ass.

Rep doesn't tell you much though. I find these numbers more interesting:

Bzltyr
Likes Given: 0

Clearly you don't like us very much and the feeling seems to be mutual. I'd say you weren't fitting in well here but that masterful deduction takes little brainpower. That said, it doesn't really seem like you're making much of an attempt. Using your current tactics is just going to lead to even more people tuning you out, which is entirely counter-productive if you're trying to convince us of anything. Mind you, if you're just preaching for your own self-righteous glorification then congratulations on a fine example of evangelo-masturbatory excess.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
17-12-2016, 04:37 PM
(17-12-2016 04:30 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The NT tells us that homosexuality is an abomination.
And you have provided no evidence that it is, when challenged you claimed it was bad for homosexuals and when challenged on that you couldn't produce. Sorry, just bleating that it's an abomination cuts no ice. Diagnosis: Dick. Status: confirmed.

Quote:
Quote:Oh goody, you don't like that industrial chemicals get banned because of their effects on the environment. I'm sure God could unban DDT if he wanted. Or not send malaria to plague us in the first place. Why doesn't this good God of yours do so?

You are so argumentative that you go have gone beyond discussing reasonably.
I have been nothing but polite with you. You just can't answer questions worth a damn Smile Have fun with your cognitive dissonance, I consider this sentence to be your admission of total defeat.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-12-2016, 04:37 PM
(17-12-2016 04:30 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:25 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Do you mean it is some kind of bastardization or invalid extension of Judaism? Or basically just crap?

Christianity has nothing to do with Judaism. Christianity's message didn't come from Judaism at all, but rather, it seems to have come from pagan religions in Roman Empire. These pagan ideas were superimposed onto Judaism from religiously uneducated people (probably Jews) and the discrepancies are as obvious to a Jewish audience as the discrepancies of Mormonism are obvious to a (traditionally) Christian audience.

Are all the Messianic Jews crazy? Where is your Messiah Daniel prophesied about? What was Isaiah 53 talking about? Why did so many Jews accept Jesus? Why did the cloth on the scapegoat stop turning white?

The Rabbis taught that forty years prior to the destruction of the Temple the lot did not come up in the [high priest’s] right hand nor did the tongue of scarlet wool become white…
(Talmud, Tractate Yoma 39b)
17-12-2016, 04:42 PM
(17-12-2016 04:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  [quote='Bzltyr' pid='1105764' dateline='1482013852']
I consider this sentence to be your admission of total defeat.

Yeah, that will be easier for you.

I could ask ridiculous questions as well?

How can you be an atheist? You cannot know that there is no God without knowing everything that exist everywhere and throughout time and if you knew that then you would be God.

You forgot to ask if God can make a rock so big that He can't lift it.

Why can't God remove all evil from the Earth? btw He's going to. This question is really just asking why aren't we in Heaven right now.

This is what I mean by unreasonable.
17-12-2016, 04:42 PM
(17-12-2016 04:37 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(17-12-2016 04:30 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Christianity has nothing to do with Judaism. Christianity's message didn't come from Judaism at all, but rather, it seems to have come from pagan religions in Roman Empire. These pagan ideas were superimposed onto Judaism from religiously uneducated people (probably Jews) and the discrepancies are as obvious to a Jewish audience as the discrepancies of Mormonism are obvious to a (traditionally) Christian audience.

Are all the Messianic Jews crazy? Where is your Messiah Daniel prophesied about? What was Isaiah 53 talking about? Why did so many Jews accept Jesus? Why did the cloth on the scapegoat stop turning white?

The Rabbis taught that forty years prior to the destruction of the Temple the lot did not come up in the [high priest’s] right hand nor did the tongue of scarlet wool become white…
(Talmud, Tractate Yoma 39b)

Isaiah 53?

Aliza, I defer to you. (bows with reverence)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-12-2016, 04:43 PM
And yes, Morondog you have been polite, to be sure.