Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(18-12-2016 02:11 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 01:45 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I was given a great gift called a life. I am not going to spend it ALL with you guys.

Gasp What?!

I just noticed that someone Liked this post. Really, all you said was "What?!"
That is a pretty low bar.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Really makes you wonder what this great "gift" of life is really about. All it seems to do is consign some souls to eternal damnation. You'd think that creating souls in heaven might be a bit more effective. Gotta wonder at the mind set of this deity of his. Seems like a bit of a BDSM freak.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
18-12-2016, 02:20 PM
See, I've spent quite a long time acquiring scientific training and critical thinking skills. I've also been a Christian and read the bible a few times, as well as spent a lot of time on this forum. I've read myths and legends of several cultures for fun, I understand how such myths grow.

So it seems to me way more plausible that this Christianity thing is a made up fable, and you're really not doing anything to counter that view.

The Bible does make fact claims, like talking animals. It talks of six day creation, people rising from the dead, the sun standing still. Many of these claims are testable - global flood for example, and many of them are also found in cultures and myths that you Christians reject as false. It seems very much more likely that the Bible is one among many religions all of which are entertaining but nevertheless false, than that somehow you guys magically happened upon the One Truth while everyone else didn't.

Argue against that. Tell me why I am wrong.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
18-12-2016, 02:20 PM
(18-12-2016 02:13 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  [quote='Bzltyr' pid='1106121' dateline='1482091648']

You are posting Bible stories on an atheist forum. You are wasting time as you know we don't think any of that is possible. Drinking Beverage

Just using that as an example.
Do I have to explain everything in excruciating detail or can expect some of you to use a little critical thinking.

Oh, wait.

What?!
18-12-2016, 02:21 PM
(18-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 02:13 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  [quote='Bzltyr' pid='1106121' dateline='1482091648']

You are posting Bible stories on an atheist forum. You are wasting time as you know we don't think any of that is possible. Drinking Beverage

Do I have to explain everything in excruciating detail or can expect some of you to use a little critical thinking.

Oh, wait.

What?!

Oops.

:gasp:What?!
18-12-2016, 02:21 PM
(18-12-2016 01:52 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  This is not the consensus among a different group of Bible scholars.

Yes. The biased zealots.

(18-12-2016 01:52 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  It is not that I personally know more that Bible scholars it is that there is no consensus so the debate can continue.

Yes, the debate is likely to continue. However you calling an eminent scholar's work unscholarly is rather questionable.

(18-12-2016 01:52 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  BTW the Bible has been preserved. The Bible can be recreated completely from discovered manuscripts.

Then why hasn't it?

Why hasn't your god stepped in to straighten out his vitally important message?

People can't even agree on translating the texts we do have, and you expect them to compile hybrid texts?

Please.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
18-12-2016, 02:22 PM
(18-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  

Oh, wait.

What?!

You mean after asking us not to use critical thinking because it might mess up your preferred narrative with the talking ass?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
Dang!
(18-12-2016 02:18 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 02:11 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Gasp What?!

I just noticed that someone Liked this post. Really, all you said was "What?!"
That is a pretty low bar.

Rolleyes someone doesn't give a shit what you think is a low bar. Can you answer the questions posed to you before, Mr Evangelist? Since you're here and apparently have time on your hands.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-12-2016, 02:23 PM
(18-12-2016 02:22 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(18-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Just using that as an example.

Oh, wait.

What?!

You mean after asking us not to use critical thinking because it might mess up your preferred narrative with the talking ass?

Please tell me if you are serious or are you just yanking my chain with this one?