Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2016, 04:52 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(16-12-2016 04:15 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 04:09 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Another avoidance; figures. Rolleyes Talk about weak. Drinking Beverage

How about this? Why is free will better with sin than it would be with just the one single limitation of not being allowed to sin? Everything else that is freely choosable now would still be, just not sinning.

And don't think you're off the hook for not answering how Jesus' death accomplished anything regarding forgiving our sins either.

All right. God gave the Earth to man. Man gave Earth to Satan through sin. Jesus won it back by living a perfect life and dying as the redeemer.

What is free-will without the choice to do right or to do wrong.

That is an interesting definition of perfect you must have there.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
16-12-2016, 04:53 PM
(16-12-2016 04:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 03:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  What brought you to TTA? Are you here to win souls?

I always wonder why they won't leave us alone too. Yes

Because their stupid new testament fairy tale, hearsay nonsense tells them not to leave people alone, so that's what they do. Too bad the new testament didn't tell them all to jump off a cliff, the world would be much better for it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-12-2016, 05:06 PM
(16-12-2016 04:15 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 04:09 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Another avoidance; figures. Rolleyes Talk about weak. Drinking Beverage

How about this? Why is free will better with sin than it would be with just the one single limitation of not being allowed to sin? Everything else that is freely choosable now would still be, just not sinning.

And don't think you're off the hook for not answering how Jesus' death accomplished anything regarding forgiving our sins either.

All right. God gave the Earth to man. Man gave Earth to Satan through sin. Jesus won it back by living a perfect life and dying as the redeemer.

What is free-will without the choice to do right or to do wrong.

(16-12-2016 04:15 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  What is free-will without the choice to do right or to do wrong.

Oh really? Your deity knows everything. He's omniscient. So he knows for certain before he creates them, before he even said "let there be light", who will go to hell.
If god creates people knowing they will go to hell, he is neither merciful nor loving.

Why would an omniscient, loving, merciful god create people knowing that they will, by their own free will, go to hell?

16-12-2016, 05:07 PM
(16-12-2016 05:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  [quote='Bzltyr' pid='1105219' dateline='1481926515']

Oh really? Your deity knows everything. He's omniscient. So he knows for certain before he creates them, before he even said "let there be light", who will go to hell.
If god creates people knowing they will go to hell, he is neither merciful nor loving.

Why would an omniscient, loving, merciful god create people knowing that they will, by their own free will, go to hell?

I already stated that some things God has not revealed. Maybe it is for me to argue with.
16-12-2016, 05:13 PM
(16-12-2016 03:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 03:26 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Why yes, Aliza, I am.

What brought you to TTA? Are you here to win souls?

What all dogmatic proselytizers want....

To prove how motherfucking-ever-special they are..................

Rolleyes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
16-12-2016, 05:14 PM
(16-12-2016 04:02 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 03:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  What brought you to TTA? Are you here to win souls?

Well that would be nice. Paul went into Ephesus and told the truth. I am here telling the truth.
Jesus said, "I am the way, the TRUTH and the light.
The TRUTH shall make you free.

I'm largely unfamiliar with the NT, so I don't know the context of what you just said. But if all Christians have to do is say the truth, then why do so many of them badger non-Christians? Why is it so easy for us to poke a Christian into a reaction?

You're welcome to treat that as rhetorical, by the way. Welcome to TTA.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
16-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Ephesus was a town that was ruled by Dianna - she was a god. Paul did not say Dianna was bad, what he did was just tell the truth.

Thanks.
16-12-2016, 05:23 PM
(16-12-2016 03:08 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  People go to Hell because they do not want to be with God and Jesus and me in Heaven. Their choice. At the world's end a person can spend eternity with God or not with God. Not with God is called Hell. If you don't want to spend time with God now on Earth your probably don't want to spend eternity with Him. God is good - all the good. No God there is no good. Hell has no God so no good.

Nice fairytale, but that's in direct contradiction to a couple of bits of scripture regarding God's Wrath and a certain "Savior" who's threatened to deny me before his papa. Those are somewhat more active agents than God simply sitting idly by whilst I choose hell. Not that that paints a favorable picture of your "deity".

Besides, I'm incapable of sin. Sin requires the existence of a deity. No god, no sin, no hell. Demonstrate god first and then you can yack on about sin and hell. Until then, threatening me with hell because I don't believe in your imaginary friend is about as worrying as threatening you with an eternity in Pele's bubbling lava because you didn't scarifice to the volcano.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
16-12-2016, 05:33 PM
I don't get this whole "god doesn't want robots" stuff. Ultimately, that sounds exactly like what he wants when we get to heaven. He just wants us to freely accept that we become his own personal robots and spend eternity with him.
[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
16-12-2016, 06:14 PM
(16-12-2016 05:07 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(16-12-2016 05:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  [quote='Bzltyr' pid='1105219' dateline='1481926515']

I already stated that some things God has not revealed. Maybe it is for me to argue with.

Pfffffft.......snort...hahahaha. The ole, god doesn't make any sense so that means "god is a mystery", crap. Allrighty then.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post