Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 02:14 PM by Bzltyr.)
RE: Christian Doctrine
Deesse23 wrote: Do you know what "specifically" means? I am serious. Do you know it or not? How precise are those verses in your opinion? What does "heavens" refer to?

The ancient language the phrase "heaven and Earth" refers to all. Specific enough.

I am answering the question why I believe. I am not trying to turn the Bible into a science text.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 01:57 PM
(20-12-2016 01:48 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 01:24 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I agree that you aren't trying to make science fit the bible. You are trying to make the bible fit science.

[Image: stock-photo-forcing-a-square-peg-in-a-ro...786507.jpg]

Hogwash.

You're getting it, but the correct time to deploy the phrase is when the poster has in fact said something that is hogwash. You seem very clearly to everyone but yourself, to be seeking ways to fit the Bible to the theory.

It's not impossible that you're doing it subconsciously. Ever hear of the Bible Code?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-12-2016, 01:58 PM
(20-12-2016 01:48 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 01:24 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I agree that you aren't trying to make science fit the bible. You are trying to make the bible fit science.

[Image: stock-photo-forcing-a-square-peg-in-a-ro...786507.jpg]

Hogwash.

How many atheists have you "spanked" with logic like that? You offer an interpretation of bible passages based on what science has determined to be likely. I say you are forcing your interpretation based on that knowledge rather than showing that the bible contains the knowledge.

You should read up on presentism. The verses you cite make perfect sense within the context of bronze age Israel but have nothing to do with cosmology or any other science.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
20-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Deesse23 wrote: Wasnt it you that questioned the BBT and that the universe cant come from nothing? To me these to quotes clearly indicate you arent in favour of the BBT. Yet you are quoting verses now that are supposed to support the scientific BBT? Sorry, but i have to call dishonest again.

Nope. Critical reading. I brought up oort clouds and the hypothetical nature of them. I did not say the BBT was wrong or that I was not in favour [sic] of it.
20-12-2016, 02:03 PM
(20-12-2016 01:52 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 01:46 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Greek mythology calls them the seven sisters.
It is just a curiosity. Not hard fast proof. I am looking a preponderance of the evidence.

You're doing it again... throwing out something and see if it makes an impression and, if not, backpeddle furiously. Adding up a series of zeros doesn't lead to a preponderance of evidence.

Sorry, dude but you are full of shit.
20-12-2016, 02:05 PM
(19-12-2016 02:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 02:10 PM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  What makes you think there is your G-d?

My religion is what makes me think it.
OK. How does your religion make you think there is your G-d?
20-12-2016, 02:14 PM
dancefortwo wrote:the formula for Pi is wrong

Oops. You are wrong.
20-12-2016, 02:15 PM
(20-12-2016 01:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 01:48 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Hogwash.

You're getting it, but the correct time to deploy the phrase is when the poster has in fact said something that is hogwash. You seem very clearly to everyone but yourself, to be seeking ways to fit the Bible to the theory.

It's not impossible that you're doing it subconsciously. Ever hear of the Bible Code?

If you are talking about Drosnin's Bible code yeah. Seems weird.
20-12-2016, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 02:22 PM by Deesse23.)
(20-12-2016 01:33 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  These verse discuss Pleides. The SEVEN sisters. Not all seven are visible to the eye.
Here and now probably.

but

I bet the silly cretinist Tongue website you got this piece of misinformation from conveniently ignored that some 2000y there was no fucking light pollution.
They were visible, even and especially 4000y ago! at least in Germany, but yeah, we always were pretty awesome with science stuff Angel Tongue

You know how many of the bibles SEVEN sisters can be seen on a good day? How many stars can be seen depends on the "light pollution" of where you are and on how your eyesight is. The naked eye can, best conditions, see dowanwards form 6,8mag. The faintest of the plejades has 6,4mag which is well within this range. So clearly all of them can be seen, especially without light pollution.

It gets even better, heres the kicker. You better have a seat and look for new panties:
You know how many plejades can be seen with the naked eye? Six to nine. Read it form my fucking lips: NINE

My guess is the writers of the bible were lousy astronomers, or lousy mathematicians, or both.

How often do we have to demonstrate that you
1) have no clue what you are talking about
2) are dishonest (BBT)

Before you stop spamming the forum with disinformation?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
20-12-2016, 02:20 PM
(20-12-2016 01:54 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  As far as being bothered. I believe God took nothing and bang the universe began.

Because of the equivalence of matter and energy, there couldn't have been "nothing." How could a god do anything at all if energy didn't already exist?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user