Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 02:20 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(20-12-2016 01:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 01:48 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Hogwash.

You're getting it, but the correct time to deploy the phrase is when the poster has in fact said something that is hogwash. You seem very clearly to everyone but yourself, to be seeking ways to fit the Bible to the theory.

It's not impossible that you're doing it subconsciously. Ever hear of the Bible Code?

No, you are missing my intention.

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat (Psalm 19:1-6).

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of humanity who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that humans are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened (Romans 1:18-21).

This tells us that we should find God in nature. I am not artificially trying to insert science into the Bible or inject the Bible into science. As I stated before science proves God. How can it not. He invented science and all the physical laws.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 02:22 PM
(20-12-2016 02:20 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 01:54 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  As far as being bothered. I believe God took nothing and bang the universe began.

Because of the equivalence of matter and energy, there couldn't have been "nothing." How could a god do anything at all if energy didn't already exist?

Doh!
20-12-2016, 02:28 PM
(20-12-2016 02:01 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Deesse23 wrote: Wasnt it you that questioned the BBT and that the universe cant come from nothing? To me these to quotes clearly indicate you arent in favour of the BBT. Yet you are quoting verses now that are supposed to support the scientific BBT? Sorry, but i have to call dishonest again.

Nope. Critical reading. I brought up oort clouds and the hypothetical nature of them. I did not say the BBT was wrong or that I was not in favour [sic] of it.

What is your belief regarding those topics?
Dont backpedal, make a stand so we can call you back in case science is oging to prove you wrong.

And what about the sev...erm nine sisters?
Do you admit to having had no clue? Do you admit to parotting what you read on whatever website that confirms your bias?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
20-12-2016, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 02:38 PM by unfogged.)
(20-12-2016 02:01 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Nope. Critical reading. I brought up oort clouds and the hypothetical nature of them. I did not say the BBT was wrong or that I was not in favour [sic] of it.

You brought them up in a thinly-veiled attempt to discredit science. If that wasn't your intent then perhaps you need to elaborate on your claims instead of simply throwing out one-liners that align with things we've heard a thousand times before.

(20-12-2016 02:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 01:52 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You're doing it again... throwing out something and see if it makes an impression and, if not, backpeddle furiously. Adding up a series of zeros doesn't lead to a preponderance of evidence.

Sorry, dude but you are full of shit.

I think you're looking in the mirror there. You've been tossing out crap and then backpeddling or avoiding the responses since you arrived. You have nothing to offer except "faith" which the members here typically regard as worthless.

Still waiting for how Genesis 1 is about the universe when the bulk of it describes creation on earth. Still waiting for references to how the atmosphere was opaque. Still waiting for an explanation of how your vaunted xian morality is not tied to thought crime. ETA: Still waiting for an admission that people CAN see 7 stars in the pleiades.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-12-2016, 02:40 PM
(20-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of humanity (Romans 1:18-21).
(17-12-2016 04:27 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The NT clearly teaches that God is not wrathful

You are not only a liar, you arent even trying to cover up your lies, which i take as utter disrespect for all members of this forum.
If this is your christian doctrine, you can keep it. Thanks, but "no,thanks"!

You are a liar for Jesus. Lying for Jesus is still lying

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
20-12-2016, 02:41 PM
(20-12-2016 12:34 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 06:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Still addressing your questions… not that you’ve acknowledged my response to Isaiah 53.

Sorry, I could not locate that post.

Yeah, I get it.

[Image: 1e7tzc.jpg]

You can read my Isaiah 53 reply here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...pid1105806
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
20-12-2016, 02:42 PM
(20-12-2016 02:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:01 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Nope. Critical reading. I brought up oort clouds and the hypothetical nature of them. I did not say the BBT was wrong or that I was not in favour [sic] of it.

You brought them up in a thinly-veiled attempt to discredit science. If that wasn't your intent then perhaps you need to elaborate on your claims instead of simply throwing out one-liners that align with things we've heard a thousand times before.

(20-12-2016 02:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Sorry, dude but you are full of shit.

I think you're looking in the mirror there. You've been tossing out crap and then backpeddling or avoiding the responses since you arrived. You have nothing to offer except "faith" which the members here typically regard as worthless.

Still waiting for how Genesis 1 is about the universe when the bulk of it describes creation on earth. Still waiting for references to how the atmosphere was opaque. Still waiting for an explanation of how your vaunted xian morality is not tied to thought crime. ETA: Still waiting for an admission that people CAN see 7 stars in the pleiades.

Erm...nine, i have to insist on this one. Big Grin
Because he is wrong twice with this single statement of his Tongue Tongue
Unfogged, please put "wrath" on your list of *issues* ne needs to comment on Tongue Tongue Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
20-12-2016, 02:45 PM
(20-12-2016 02:42 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You brought them up in a thinly-veiled attempt to discredit science. If that wasn't your intent then perhaps you need to elaborate on your claims instead of simply throwing out one-liners that align with things we've heard a thousand times before.

Erm...nine, i have to insist on this one. Big Grin
Because he is wrong twice with this single statement of his Tongue Tongue

I probably should have said "at least 7" or "7 or even more" stars. I'm just waiting for him to admit that
(20-12-2016 01:33 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  These verse discuss Pleides. The SEVEN sisters. Not all seven are visible to the eye.

was factually incorrect.

20-12-2016, 02:47 PM
(20-12-2016 02:42 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Unfogged, please put "wrath" on your list of *issues* ne needs to comment on Tongue Tongue Tongue

I don't have time to go back and find all the statements he's thrown out and then walked away from because they didn't hold up to scrutiny.
Drinking Beverage

20-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Yeah, the dishonesty, its sickening. But there is good news, as we have seen, about the tactic of throwing around BS until something sticks:

Eventually hes going to throw so much BS that he is, sooner or later, going to contradict himself, and then he is out of options. You simply cant weasel out of that, no new quote from the bible, now new interpretation, nohing will help once you push his face into his own feces.