Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(20-12-2016 02:28 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:01 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Deesse23 wrote: Wasnt it you that questioned the BBT and that the universe cant come from nothing? To me these to quotes clearly indicate you arent in favour of the BBT. Yet you are quoting verses now that are supposed to support the scientific BBT? Sorry, but i have to call dishonest again.

Nope. Critical reading. I brought up oort clouds and the hypothetical nature of them. I did not say the BBT was wrong or that I was not in favour [sic] of it.

What is your belief regarding those topics?
Dont backpedal, make a stand so we can call you back in case science is oging to prove you wrong.

And what about the sev...erm nine sisters?
Do you admit to having had no clue? Do you admit to parotting what you read on whatever website that confirms your bias?

I am not a cosmologist. Are you? You may be. If not what you know is only what you have read so do not suggest that just because I did not go out and measure the distance from Earth to the farthest galaxy with a Stanley tape measure that what I post is just "parroted."

We all go on authority for almost all of what we know. Exhibit some integrity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 02:58 PM
(20-12-2016 02:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:01 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Nope. Critical reading. I brought up oort clouds and the hypothetical nature of them. I did not say the BBT was wrong or that I was not in favour [sic] of it.

You brought them up in a thinly-veiled attempt to discredit science.

More hogwash. The oort cloud is not science, it is a fantasy.
20-12-2016, 03:03 PM
(20-12-2016 02:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:01 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Nope. Critical reading. I brought up oort clouds and the hypothetical nature of them. I did not say the BBT was wrong or that I was not in favour [sic] of it.
Still waiting for how Genesis 1 is about the universe when the bulk of it describes creation on earth. Still waiting for references to how the atmosphere was opaque. Still waiting for an explanation of how your vaunted xian morality is not tied to thought crime. ETA: Still waiting for an admission that people CAN see 7 stars in the pleiades.

I used Genesis to describe what Genesis describes. Gen 1:1 Creation of the universe. Gen 1:2 With reference to the Earth. Gen 2 With reference to Eden.
20-12-2016, 03:05 PM
(20-12-2016 02:58 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You brought them up in a thinly-veiled attempt to discredit science.

More hogwash. The oort cloud is not science, it is a fantasy.

Well, I will grant that you appear to be well versed in fantasy. It's a shame you do not understand what science is or how it works.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Aliza: The HIDE/View spoiler thing is cool.
[+] 1 user Likes Bzltyr's post
20-12-2016, 03:10 PM
(20-12-2016 03:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 02:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Still waiting for how Genesis 1 is about the universe when the bulk of it describes creation on earth. Still waiting for references to how the atmosphere was opaque. Still waiting for an explanation of how your vaunted xian morality is not tied to thought crime. ETA: Still waiting for an admission that people CAN see 7 stars in the pleiades.

I used Genesis to describe what Genesis describes. Gen 1:1 Creation of the universe. Gen 1:2 With reference to the Earth. Gen 2 With reference to Eden.

You don't get to use anything from the Bible as an excuse. You don't get to use any words, songs, numbers, or other forms of human symbolism at all.

Shut your mouth and show us. No more noise. Show us in silence.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
20-12-2016, 03:11 PM
(20-12-2016 03:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I used Genesis to describe what Genesis describes. Gen 1:1 Creation of the universe. Gen 1:2 With reference to the Earth. Gen 2 With reference to Eden.

Lying for Jesus is still lying ™

Here is your post:
(20-12-2016 01:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Quote:
The time between Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 could be 9 billions years. Gen 1 speaks about the universe and Gen 2 speaks about the Earth.

Genesis 1 talks about earth; genesis 2 talks about the same things being created but in a different order.

Scholars I have read say that the Gen 2 account is the account of the Garden of Eden. I will have to look for that, I don't have it at my fingertips.

You said "Genesis 1" and "Genesis 2", not "Genesis 1:1" and Genesis 1:2". Even so, Genesis 1:1 says "heaven AND earth" so your attempt to weasel out of this is noted.

20-12-2016, 03:13 PM
(20-12-2016 02:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Still waiting for how Genesis 1 is about the universe when the bulk of it describes creation on earth.

Check -- attempted to weasel out of that one

Quote: Still waiting for references to how the atmosphere was opaque. Still waiting for an explanation of how your vaunted xian morality is not tied to thought crime. Still waiting for an admission that people CAN see 7 stars in the pleiades.

And don't forget the bit about god being wrathful or not.

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-12-2016, 03:14 PM
(20-12-2016 02:14 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  dancefortwo wrote:the formula for Pi is wrong

Oops. You are wrong.

The bible claims the value of Pi is 3.0. It is not. It is 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288...

This makes a huge difference in calculations.

Bats aren't birds. Insects don't crawl on four legs. The bible is a fucked up.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-12-2016, 03:15 PM
(20-12-2016 03:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 03:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I used Genesis to describe what Genesis describes. Gen 1:1 Creation of the universe. Gen 1:2 With reference to the Earth. Gen 2 With reference to Eden.

Lying for Jesus is still lying ™

Here is your post:
(20-12-2016 01:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Quote:
The time between Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 could be 9 billions years. Gen 1 speaks about the universe and Gen 2 speaks about the Earth.

Genesis 1 talks about earth; genesis 2 talks about the same things being created but in a different order.

Scholars I have read say that the Gen 2 account is the account of the Garden of Eden. I will have to look for that, I don't have it at my fingertips.

You said "Genesis 1" and "Genesis 2", not "Genesis 1:1" and Genesis 1:2". Even so, Genesis 1:1 says "heaven AND earth" so your attempt to weasel out of this is noted.

This kind of crap just highlights how unreasonable you are and how badly you want me to look foolish.

In later posts I noticed the mistake of just using Gen 1 for Gen 1:1. That is what I will use from now on. Sorry I confused you.

I could easily weasel out of everything by just leaving. I am still here and not weaseling.