Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(20-12-2016 04:43 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Insects in the bible
Leviticus 11:20-23

"All flying insects that walk on all fours are to be detestable to you."

Insects don't have four legs, they have six. Flies have six legs.

The description of insect legs sometimes has four feet and legs above the feet.
These stupid little "contradictions" are boring.

ETA: I mean the descriptions in the Bible.

Hahahahaha. "description of insect legs sometimes has four feet and legs above the feet" Laughat Hahahahahahahah. What the hell are you even talking about? Hahaha. I like how you have to twist your own book around so it makes some sort of sense in your warped mind.

Nope. The bible clearly has bats listed along with the fowl and no amount of scripture gymnastics makes it not a bird in that sentence. The Bobble clearly says "insects that walk on all fours". Fucking christ, you're mental case of apologetics.

You still haven't disproven that my Magic Rock could have created the universe. I'd put my Magic Rock up against your psychopathic killer god any day.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 05:06 PM
"Any universe that expands on average throughout its history must have a beginning where a causal agent outside space and time creates space time matter and energy.

space-time theorem of Borde, Guth, and Vilenkin
20-12-2016, 05:08 PM
(20-12-2016 05:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 04:43 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Insects in the bible
Leviticus 11:20-23

"All flying insects that walk on all fours are to be detestable to you."

Insects don't have four legs, they have six. Flies have six legs.

The description of insect legs sometimes has four feet and legs above the feet.
These stupid little "contradictions" are boring.

ETA: I mean the descriptions in the Bible.

Hahahahaha. "description of insect legs sometimes has four feet and legs above the feet" Laughat Hahahahahahahah. What the hell are you even talking about? Hahaha. I like how you have to twist your own book around so it makes some sort of sense in your warped mind.

Nope. The bible clearly has bats listed along with the fowl and no amount of scripture gymnastics makes it not a bird in that sentence. The Bobble clearly says "insects that walk on all fours". Fucking christ, you're mental case of apologetics.

You still haven't disproven that my Magic Rock could have created the universe. I'd put my Magic Rock up against your psychopathic killer god any day.

As I said boring.
20-12-2016, 05:21 PM
(20-12-2016 03:15 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 03:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Lying for Jesus is still lying ™

Here is your post:

You said "Genesis 1" and "Genesis 2", not "Genesis 1:1" and Genesis 1:2". Even so, Genesis 1:1 says "heaven AND earth" so your attempt to weasel out of this is noted.

This kind of crap just highlights how unreasonable you are and how badly you want me to look foolish.

In later posts I noticed the mistake of just using Gen 1 for Gen 1:1. That is what I will use from now on. Sorry I confused you.

I could easily weasel out of everything by just leaving. I am still here and not weaseling.

He doesn't need to even try to make you look foolish you do that just fine just by yourself
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
20-12-2016, 05:26 PM
(20-12-2016 05:08 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 05:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hahahahaha. "description of insect legs sometimes has four feet and legs above the feet" Laughat Hahahahahahahah. What the hell are you even talking about? Hahaha. I like how you have to twist your own book around so it makes some sort of sense in your warped mind.

As I said boring.

Yeah, you're right. The bible is boring and error ridden with nonsense. You'd think your god, whom you believe created everything, would know that a bat was a mammal and not a bird. Apparently not.

My Magic Rock created the universe and it laughs at your bible on a daily basis.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
20-12-2016, 05:26 PM
If you want to believe the goat herders guide to the universe knock yourself out but stop trying to pretend it has more validity than it does, which is none BTW.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
20-12-2016, 05:33 PM
(20-12-2016 05:08 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 05:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hahahahaha. "description of insect legs sometimes has four feet and legs above the feet" Laughat Hahahahahahahah. What the hell are you even talking about? Hahaha. I like how you have to twist your own book around so it makes some sort of sense in your warped mind.

As I said boring.
Proof you're wrong if you need to make come backs like this.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
20-12-2016, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 05:40 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(20-12-2016 04:51 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 04:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm still laughing over his claim that "the heavens" meant the universe, when written by Bronze Age tribal sheepherder priests.

Well that just shows your ignorance.

Way to just throw that out there, unsupported, bub. Best you've got?

And I used that phrase because I decided "early Hebrew versions of the creation stories that they cobbled together from the amalgamations of other Fertile Crescent cultures that constituted their origins and eventually became the tribes of Israel, later cut-and-pasted together by priests during the Babylonian Captivity" was a bit too long, so I decided to take a swipe at the "orginators" of the Hebrew version of the story.

Quote:They had no idea (nor did anyone else) that there was a universe.

Actually there was not word for universe so it was described as best the language could. Interesting that without knowledge of the universe they wrote about it.

[Image: bef4ef152bb3fee194b2c2d2d8cdaefd.jpg]

That's the single worst excuse I've ever heard. Congratulations, you've set a new bar!

If you know something exists, you make up a word to describe it. It's easy. You are forced to throw out the contention that they knew what it was but chose not to make up a word to describe it, and instead used terms we'd more commonly expect from an ignorant people... because reasons.

Quote:It's very clear that they thought the sky was like a roof, and that we lived under the "firmament" (a solid dome-- or vault-- over everything) that divided the waters "above" from the waters "below", as in Genesis 1:6-8...

Appeared to them like a roof. Waters above=water vapor. Waters above=water and ice.

Remember the "circle?" Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

I suppose this is a deal breaker too - everyone know the Earth is a sphere.

We know that now. They didn't know that the earth was a sphere, back then, either. It was suspected by (and then later demonstrated by) the Greeks. The term "circle of the earth" is a word used to describe a disc, which is flat. Early Israelite cosmology looked like this:

[Image: genesis_cosmology.jpg]

But they used the term "firmament" and "vault" because they thought it was a solid thing, which had to have "windows" in it for the rain to fall out of. This isn't me, saying this, this is the consensus of every serious (that is, non-evangelical) Bible scholar.

Quote:The Bible is not a science book. Stop treating it as such. It does not help your religion to go about Lying For Jesus™.

Still not lying. I thought you were going to stop that childish behavior.

I call it like I see it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-12-2016, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 05:57 PM by Deesse23.)
(20-12-2016 05:06 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  "Any universe that expands on average throughout its history must have a beginning where a causal agent outside space and time creates space time matter and energy.

space-time theorem of Borde, Guth, and Vilenkin

You are a dishonest cunt indeed and start to show your real colours.
Where does it say it has to be your god?

Its a pure speculation like the Oort cloud, remember?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
20-12-2016, 06:01 PM
(20-12-2016 04:51 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Still not lying. I thought you were going to stop that childish behavior.
You disgusting, lying piece of shit.

First you doubt/question the BBT, then you quote the bible to support the BBT, then, when asked what your belief is you are backpedaling and giving a non-answer. Now you are back-backpedaling and throwing in Borde, Guth, and Vilenkin, hoping they will stick.
Any news abut the Nine Sisters and why the bible got it completely wrong?
What about the opacity of the atmosphere?
What about the creation account in Gen 1? Were there plants before light?
What about insects´4 feet?

(20-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of humanity (Romans 1:18-21).
(17-12-2016 04:27 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The NT clearly teaches that God is not wrathful
What about the wrath of god? Did you lie or did you lie?

You are a liar for Jesus. Lying for Jesus is still lying

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post