Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(20-12-2016 07:51 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 05:00 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  How about predictive value of Gen chapter 1.

The Bible says the plants came first.
So does the fossil record.

The bible also says that the sun was created on the fourth day.

No, it doesn't.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

This verse states God made the Sun and the stars. That was part of Gen1:1. It does not state God made them that day.

Previous verses say the lights were in the firmament and visible now.
Quote:The bible says that plants were created on the third day. Photosynthesis?

A day is defined as:
[quote]The period of time during which the Earth completes one rotation with respect to the Sun is called a solar day.

A day is Hebrew is yom. Not necessarily 24 hours.
Quote:Then how the fuck do you measure days before the sun was created?

The Sun was created in the Gen 1:1 along with the rest of the universe. It was visible later - "Let there be light."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 08:04 PM
(20-12-2016 07:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 07:45 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  So Aliza where is the Messiah?

We haven't merited it yet. We've got another 223 years to hit the ball before G-d walks us to first base.

Are there any prophecies that foretell the arrival?
20-12-2016, 08:04 PM
So with all this "science" ~snicker~ in the bible, don't you wonder why god didn't say something clear and useful?

Like "Dudes, this is how you make PENICILLIN??????

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
20-12-2016, 08:06 PM
(20-12-2016 08:04 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Are there any prophecies that foretell the arrival?

The prophets didn't foretell the future. That wasn't their job.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
20-12-2016, 08:06 PM
(20-12-2016 08:01 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 07:54 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  What threat?

(17-12-2016 10:24 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  You are not capable of paying the bill. You rejecting it is why you will be sent to Hell.

You forget quickly it seems.

That is a threat? You must be a very sensitive little snowflake to feel threatened by me for that. That' just funny.
I am certain you will get a lot of LIKES for the humor of your post.

ETA You should join Rocket in his safe zone with the coloring books and play doh.
20-12-2016, 08:08 PM
(20-12-2016 08:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 07:51 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  The bible also says that the sun was created on the fourth day.

No, it doesn't.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

This verse states God made the Sun and the stars. That was part of Gen1:1. It does not state God made them that day.

Previous verses say the lights were in the firmament and visible now.
Quote:The bible says that plants were created on the third day. Photosynthesis?

A day is defined as:
[quote]The period of time during which the Earth completes one rotation with respect to the Sun is called a solar day.

A day is Hebrew is yom. Not necessarily 24 hours.
Quote:Then how the fuck do you measure days before the sun was created?

The Sun was created in the Gen 1:1 along with the rest of the universe. It was visible later - "Let there be light."

Seems pretty clear cut to me:

Quote:1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

[+] 6 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
20-12-2016, 08:13 PM
(20-12-2016 08:04 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 07:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  We haven't merited it yet. We've got another 223 years to hit the ball before G-d walks us to first base.

Are there any prophecies that foretell the arrival?

No. That interrupts our free will. What we're told is that the messiah will be a literal, biological descendant of King David through King Solomon. Not spiritual kids, not adopted kids, and not bastard kids from different fathers. The Messiah must be a carrier of King David's seed, via King David's body.

According to the NT's description of their lineage, Jesus is disqualified for failing to have an earthy father who is a direct descendant of King solomon. Joseph is also disqualified because neither of his fathers (I don't understand how that works with Christians being so against homosexuality, but... okay...) ... neither of his fathers were valid descendants of King David. The first father's line didn't come through Solomon, as required, and the other dad was from a cursed line through Soloman.

G-d specifically mentioned these qualifications, because they were important and they mattered.
20-12-2016, 08:14 PM
(20-12-2016 08:06 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 08:01 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You forget quickly it seems.

That is a threat? You must be a very sensitive little snowflake to feel threatened by me for that. That' just funny.

ETA You should join Rocket in his safe zone with the coloring books and play doh.

I'll give him a like just because it might chap your ass. Smile
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
20-12-2016, 08:22 PM
(20-12-2016 08:06 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 08:01 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You forget quickly it seems.

First of all, I did not say I felt threatened. I said that you made a threat.

I apologize if my words were too large.

Second of all, what you stated was indeed a threat, albeit a laughable one. Telling someone that your imaginary friend will torture them forever after they die no longer has the weight it did in ages past.

Thirdly, stop lying, stop being arrogant and maybe you'll get likes too.

(probably not, but who knows...)

As far as coloring goes...

[Image: o-SATANIC-COLORING-BOOK-1-570_zpsyglgepiz.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
20-12-2016, 08:46 PM
(20-12-2016 08:06 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  ETA You should join Rocket in his safe zone with the coloring books and play doh.

Of all the petty insults one could muster, you thought that was a good choice? Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post