Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 08:52 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: Christian Doctrine
(20-12-2016 08:22 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Second of all, what you stated was indeed a threat, albeit a laughable one. Telling someone that your imaginary friend will torture them forever after they die no longer has the weight it did in ages past.

I have to admit that, at this point in my life, I've come to feel a little sad for the people who think that threatening us/me with hell is a meaningful thing to do.

[Image: wIhmYQF.png]

I have difficulty not imagining a child yelling, "My daddy is going to beat you up!!!"

Edit to Add: I should credit the actual comedian who said that, Josh Thomas:

[Image: 26d42df554029afb5a7a43b3fbdc15ae.gif]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Oh, and on a side note, I found this while looking for the above... thought it was apropos here, too. Smile

[Image: A-NIosqCYAAJD7B.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-12-2016, 09:45 PM
(20-12-2016 07:41 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  morondog Wrote: ¬†Hmm. A Muslim believes in the Quran - ever read it? I gave it a shot but it was a bit boring.

Shai Hulud wrote: I don't recommend it Blytz, he's not kidding, it's insomnia killing material. Also wtf is up with the obsession with the The Naqat Allah in the story of the Prophet Salih? (She Camel of God.) it sticks out partially due to the fact that it's not plagiarized from the Hebrew or Christian scriptures, unlike a non-insignificant amount that seems to be, or at least heavily modified. /did not read the whole book

I have read a good portion and it is not a page turner.

And you think your version of the same nonsense is any better?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
20-12-2016, 10:04 PM
I read the entire Qur'an. With very few exceptions and a lot of local cultural "flavor", it's just plagiarism.

Some nice turns of phrase, though. *shrug*

3/10, would not bang.

(Homicide bomber joke-- geddit?)

[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
21-12-2016, 12:13 AM
(20-12-2016 12:34 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 06:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The Jewish Messiah will have the following traits:
1. He will be a normal human being, not a deity.

Jesus came as a human.

Except according to the NT, he wasn't a normal human. According to the NT, he was part deity, couldn't sin, and was resurrected.

The previously established Jewish concept of messiah is that the messiah will be a great leader, live a normal human life, and will be a descendant of King David through his physical seed and body.

(19-12-2016 06:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:  2. He will build the third temple.

This question is kind of up for discussion as to when this will happen.

Christian views never cease to surprise me, so I won't assume anything. Jews do not believe that the third temple has been built yet.

(19-12-2016 06:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:  3. He will be from the House of David, which Jesus clearly is not. (It's possible early Jews didn't realize that.)

Pretty sure He was.

Christians can believe whatever makes them happy, but the concept of Messiah is a Jewish one, and Jesus doesn't fit the bill for being from the House of David. He would have needed a biological Davidic father. These rules are long established, detailed in the Torah, and maintained as a Jewish tradition from the time of Moses.

The rules do not arbitrarily suspend because some Gentiles like some guy.

(19-12-2016 06:38 PM)Aliza Wrote:  4. He would have instituted the messianic era, which includes open miracles, world peace, and Jewish independence from Rome (and any other foreign power.)

The peace brought by Jesus was between God and man.

But to qualify as the Jewish messiah, he needed to fulfill the messianic expectations that were established hundreds of years before his birth.

If he doesn't fulfill those qualifications, then he's not the Jewish messiah. It's nothing personal against him. He failed to do the job.

(The Christians can keep him.)

(20-12-2016 12:34 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Prophecy states that the Messiah's glory will be in the second temple. He second temple is gone. Who was the Messiah. Jesus was in the second temple.

You'll have to quote that prophecy so I can address it. Naturally, I will address it from the original language, not from the translation of a translation of a translation of a translation that I suspect you're probably using. (That would be Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English)
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
21-12-2016, 03:18 AM
(20-12-2016 07:53 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 07:42 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Watcha expect? Some people get offended when they are lied to repeatedly.

The threats don't help either.

I am going to use Deesse23 style.

I am not lying.

I say something I believe and you disagree does not constitute lying. I may be mistaken but that is also not lying.

Stop being a butthead, Deesse23.

Were you lying or mistaken when you wrote these two gems? Drinking Beverage
lying.or.mistaken?

(20-12-2016 02:20 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of humanity (Romans 1:18-21).
(17-12-2016 04:27 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The NT clearly teaches that God is not wrathful

Tell me how it is not dishonest to: First doubt the BBT, then quote and interpret the bible to match the BBT.
Or were you just mistaken?

How many times have i asked you this, and how many times you completely ignored me?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
21-12-2016, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2016 03:28 AM by Deesse23.)
(20-12-2016 08:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

What is this "lesser light" and how does it work?

21-12-2016, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2016 03:29 AM by Deesse23.)
(20-12-2016 08:06 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 08:01 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You forget quickly it seems.

That is a threat? You must be a very sensitive little snowflake to feel threatened by me for that. That' just funny.
I am certain you will get a lot of LIKES for the humor of your post.

ETA You should join Rocket in his safe zone with the coloring books and play doh.

First you are threatening people with eternal torure, then you accuse them of being overly sensitive? They guy who gets offended when i am exposing his lies in bold letters?
You are lying so hard, dont you feel embarassed at all? Has your cult stripped you of all human decency?

Enough! You give me 100$ now or RS76 will torture you!

[+] 7 users Like Deesse23's post
21-12-2016, 04:24 AM
There's no way Beelzebub and SV aren't buddiesSmile they should get a room, then they can start"fucking for Jesus" Big Grin Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-12-2016, 06:59 AM
(20-12-2016 07:46 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 07:34 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Only somebody trying to backfill a pre-existing belief could accept a statement like that.

I suggest you research who the authors were.

There's no need. They are claiming that there must be a causal agent outside our universe which means, at best, that they are trying to apply our understanding of how things work within our universe to something that is not part of our universe. I don't even need to get into the idea that we see evidence of uncaused creations within our universe in the form of particle/anti-particle pairs so the whole "it must have a cause" claim is baseless.

(20-12-2016 08:03 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

This verse states God made the Sun and the stars. That was part of Gen1:1. It does not state God made them that day.

Previous verses say the lights were in the firmament and visible now.
A day is Hebrew is yom. Not necessarily 24 hours.
The Sun was created in the Gen 1:1 along with the rest of the universe. It was visible later - "Let there be light."

It never ceases to amaze me how far people will go to force-fit the bible to match science. When you claim that Genesis accurately describes creation and then go on to show that is only true if you don't take it as it is written but re-arrange the order of events listed and bring in new conjectures about opaque atmospheres and possible different time spans all being called a day... you are left with nothing.

If you know the actual science you can sorta kinda make some of it align if you don't look too closely and ignore the bits that give a different order of events. If you didn't know the actual science you'd never get an accurate picture of the formation of the universe and the earth from what it says.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post