Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(21-12-2016 12:06 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 11:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Nurse, quick we need more iv neg rep over here stat !

Tongue I'm not having an unreasonable conversation with him. Besides, he's still well underwater and not likely to come up for air anytime soon.

Edit: Changed from Dodgy to Tongue to better reflect my mood.

No I know your not and that's totally cool I just thought it was an opportunity for a funny joke, I think its actually lovely and a really nice and appropriate gesture to someone with whom you are having a civil exchange. Peace Adey xx
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
21-12-2016, 12:18 PM
(21-12-2016 12:16 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 12:06 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Tongue I'm not having an unreasonable conversation with him. Besides, he's still well underwater and not likely to come up for air anytime soon.

Edit: Changed from Dodgy to Tongue to better reflect my mood.

No I know your not and that's totally cool I just thought it was an opportunity for a funny joke, I think its actually lovely and a really nice and appropriate gesture to someone with whom you are having a civil exchange. Peace Adey xx

Yeah, I snorted with laughter at first until I realized that it was a dig at what I did. Laugh out load
I'm a little slow on the uptake today.
21-12-2016, 12:23 PM
(21-12-2016 12:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 12:16 PM)adey67 Wrote:  No I know your not and that's totally cool I just thought it was an opportunity for a funny joke, I think its actually lovely and a really nice and appropriate gesture to someone with whom you are having a civil exchange. Peace Adey xx

Yeah, I snorted with laughter at first until I realized that it was a dig at what I did. Laugh out load
I'm a little slow on the uptake today.

I'm sorry if it offended youSad
21-12-2016, 01:04 PM
(21-12-2016 10:55 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 10:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Okay now I can say you're just deliberately lying.

All right then. So now finally you say that I am lying. So, previously you were lying about me lying but only now can you truly say I am lying.

Oops, good luck getting that foot out of your mouth.

btw I have looked as the evidence so you are dead wrong again.

You sound like a follower of David Pack.

Ignorant and completely wrong about everything.

What evidence did you look at?
What credentials do you have to judge scientific material?

You are ignorant about your own religion and you claim to understand science?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
22-12-2016, 02:31 AM
(21-12-2016 10:32 AM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 08:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  
  • Is big bang correct and evolution wrong?
Is the Noah story some kind of metaphor? Was there a local flood and not a global one? Are you aware of the available evidence for the evolution of humans?

Yes, it is laughable. Riddled with hoaxes.
Hmmm. What is your qualification to say that - what do you know of modern biology, Mr Accountant and father of five? Can you cite an example of a hoax that is believed by modern biologists, that you say is untrue?

Quote:
Quote:Remember that bit where you said "Genesis says that plants came before animals". That's... based on evolution right?

Nope, based on the Bible and the fossil record.

What I meant was, if you want to claim that plants coming before animals is evidence that the Bible is correct, then you are saying "Something *else* that we know to be true claims that plants came before animals" - I guess you can use fossil record for that. But if you *just* use the fossil record it's also logical to look at the fact that over billions of years the fossils become more complex the younger they are. That's a point for evolution? Unless God has a liking for gradually increasing the complexity of fossils in younger strata?

Quote:
Quote:Genesis also says that woman was created from a rib of Adam's? Is that story true? Men and women have the same number of ribs by the way. Also if evolution is true then man and woman can't have been made separately as we'd both be descended from ape species? Is Man some kind of special species? Not an animal?

You mentioned somewhere something about "If God is that good to make the universe then he can do anything". Please understand this is not a valid explanation. Sure, God could have created everything that we see and interact with along with fake memories for everyone and so forth in the last 15 seconds. Yet you are extremely sure that he didn't.

If you want to convince me then saying "Magic" is not convincing.

Sorry this post got long.

You are in the Matrix, Neo.

You are dodge my question guy.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
22-12-2016, 02:48 AM
Bzltyr I want to go back to your Big Bang Theory Biblical Support hypothesis.

You cited some verses as evidence for this. But there are verses of the Bible that very definitely contradict science, such as the woman being made from a man's rib. (And people becoming not-dead again and other such fun things, but let's stick to the rib for now). How do you explain this rib business?

I know you don't believe in evolution, so I guess one way of explaining it is to say that God carefully made all the animals at some point, including Adam, and then made Eve, and carefully grew a new rib for Adam after doing stuff per the Bible story? i.e. to insist that the Bible story is correct, and that this is how it happened.

Do you believe that? You make the Bible fit the Big Bang theory, so with cosmology you don't challenge the theory, but the Bible is clearly in direct conflict with biology, so you throw out Evolution ("it's riddled with hoaxes") on that basis?

Incidentally this is the point at which you lose me - if the reason for believing the Bible is that it agrees with science, and then you throw out the science that it doesn't agree with, I no longer see reason to believe the Bible.

I am super interested to know, after all this, how on Earth you propose to arrive at reasonable belief in for example the resurrection?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
22-12-2016, 09:12 AM
(22-12-2016 02:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  But there are verses of the Bible that very definitely contradict science, such as the woman being made from a man's rib. [...] I know you don't believe in evolution, so I guess one way of explaining it is to say that God carefully made all the animals at some point, including Adam, and then made Eve, and carefully grew a new rib for Adam after doing stuff per the Bible story? i.e. to insist that the Bible story is correct, and that this is how it happened.

[Image: e19614585e31488e580aa93653e72d91.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
22-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Aliza, Bzityr,

A number of things to note. 1) Christanity in its origins is Jewish. 2) Christianity therefore stands or falls with Judaism. 3)Torah Judism fell in 70 C.E. And has not yet been restored.

Now did I get something wrong here?

4 ) Neither of you have answered the issue of there not being any God.
22-12-2016, 09:33 AM
(22-12-2016 09:21 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  Aliza, Bzityr,

A number of things to note. 1) Christanity in its origins is Jewish. 2) Christianity therefore stands or falls with Judaism. 3)Torah Judism fell in 70 C.E. And has not yet been restored.

Now did I get something wrong here?

4 ) Neither of you have answered the issue of there not being any God.

I'm so sorry for not responding earlier.

Christianity is way more pagan than it is Jewish. We acknowledge very little similarity.

Torah Judaism is alive and well with the Karites, but your point is well taken. Karites have been around, but they're more of a revisionist movement these days. So what?

I believe there is a G-d, because such belief makes sense to me. There really isn't much to say. It makes me happy and shouldn't bother anyone else.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
22-12-2016, 09:40 AM
At work.

(22-12-2016 09:33 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I believe there is a G-d, because such belief makes sense to me. There really isn't much to say. It makes me happy and shouldn't bother anyone else.

.Wait.... Consider ...... by that way of thinking. ......

Consider Should I be worshipping mead/alcohol?

Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post