Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(23-12-2016 11:44 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 10:57 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  Yeah, the Catholic Churches and the likes. But denying that Christianity came out of Judaism does not make it not true. Christianity to have any validity is dependent on Judaism being true to begin with.

Christianity came out of Judaism, but they didn’t adopt much Jewish theology. Maybe their moral code, but that’s all I can think of. Whether Judaism is true or not doesn’t impact Christianity because the theology of the two religions is not related. The only thing about Christian theology that I concern myself with is whether or not it can be considered a Jewish religion. I don’t believe it is. Therefore, it is a gentile religion.

(23-12-2016 10:57 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  For some 1900 years Judaism has not followed its own G-d commanded Torah. Why is that? Is your G-d a broken toy? Blelieving what is not true does not make what is not true to be true.

Judaism is dependent on the oral tradition. We make no bones about that. Judaism is now, and has always been dependent on the oral traditions. We are satisfied that we are following our religion appropriately, and that our current practice of relying on the oral traditions has always been the normative practice for Judaism. If that’s not following the Torah to your satisfaction, then that’s perfectly fine. We’re not seeking anyone’s approval.

(23-12-2016 10:57 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  How?
Ok.

“I'd far rather be happy than right any day." - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

So basicly truth does not really matter to you.

That was pretty snarky, but I'm going to try to be polite to you.

I’ve done my research, and I’m content that I’ve got the truth. That's it. That's the only explanation that I owe you because Judaism is not a religion that tries to market itself to gentiles. We're not out to "win souls" or anything of the sort. I'm not here on this forum to spread or even defend my religious beliefs. If you would like to have an intelligent conversation about what Judaism is, and what it is not, I may choose to engage with you. If it becomes something where you attack me for being a theist, for thinking differently than you do, or for failing to uphold Torah according to your personal standards, then I will move on to other conversations.

Totally agree re: Christianity came out of Judaism, but didn't adopt much Jewish theology. The biggest difference is the creation of Jesus. Jewish theology stresses and reiterates the idea of one God. Then along comes Christianity which creates a demigod in Jesus. Granted he is of god, but he is a separate functioning entity. He makes note of this in the NT by saying people should not call him good because only God is truly good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-12-2016, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2016 05:00 PM by Bzltyr.)
Pleiades: http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy...e10222014/
http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-Pleiades-Star-Cluster
http://earthsky.org/favorite-star-patter...ide-renown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades_i...literature
Arabia and the Levant[edit]
In Arabic the Pleiades are known as al-Thurayya الثريا, and mentioned in Islamic literature. Muhammad is noted to have counted twelve stars in the constellation as reported in Ibn Ishaq (this was in the time before telescopes when most could only see six). The name was borrowed into Persian and Turkish as a female given name, and is in use throughout the Middle East (for example Princess Soraya of Iran and Thoraya Obaid). It is also the name of the Thuraya satellite phone system based in the United Arab Emirates.

All of these sites mention that only six are visible with the naked eye.

Merry Christmas to all and remember Jesus is the reason for the season.
24-12-2016, 04:34 PM
(24-12-2016 01:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  [quote='Aliza' pid='1109213' dateline='1482515066']

He makes note of this in the NT by saying people should not call him good because only God is truly good.

You misunderstand what Jesus was saying to the rich young ruler. He asked this question to determine the ruler's heart. The ruler no longer called Jesus "good" showing that he would not accept Jesus as God.

If you have any more questions or can't understand something else please ask.
24-12-2016, 04:38 PM
(24-12-2016 04:34 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  If you have any more questions or can't understand something else please ask.

I've proposed numerous questions, most of which you have ignored.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-12-2016, 04:53 PM
(23-12-2016 03:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 08:45 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Four independent writers who were either eye-witnesses or close acquaintances of eye-witnesses.
Jesus's genealogy.
-MT 1:17 There were twenty-eight generations from David to Jesus.
-LK 3:23-38 There were forty-three.

One is Joseph the other is Mary
Quote:Where Jesus went and when.
-MK 6:53 After the feeding of the 5000, Jesus and the disciples went to Gennesaret.
-JN 6:17-25 They went to Capernaum.

Capernaum was in the district of Gennesaret.
Quote:Order of the Resurrection, who showed up and when.
-MT 28:1 The first visitors to the tomb were Mary Magdalene and the other Mary (two).
-MK 16:1 Both of the above plus Salome (three).
-LK 23:55 - 24:1, 24:10 Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and "other women" (at least five).
-JN 20:1 Mary Magdalene only (one).

Simply point of view.
Quote:Jesus's last words on the cross.
-MT 27:46-50, MK 15:34-37 Jesus' last recorded words are: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Matthew states in verse 50 "And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit."

Matthew does not say what His last words were.

Neither does Mark.Mar 15:37 "And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost."
Again no critical reading skills.
Quote:-LK 23:46 "Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit."

Luke may have recorded His last words that Matt and Mark just used cried out again.
24-12-2016, 04:56 PM
(24-12-2016 04:38 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 04:34 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  If you have any more questions or can't understand something else please ask.

I've proposed numerous questions, most of which you have ignored.

Most of your arguments are just being argumentative. Others there is no way to prove to your satisfaction my view is correct. Your view is different and you cannot prove to my satisfaction that your version is true.

Truly an impasse. Remember I am stating why I believe. The evidence is sufficient for me.
24-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Peter Slevon Wrote:  
Aliza, Bzityr,
A number of things to note. 1) Christanity in its origins is Jewish. 2) Christianity therefore stands or falls with Judaism. 3)Torah Judism fell in 70 C.E. And has not yet been restored.
Now did I get something wrong here?
4 ) Neither of you have answered the issue of there not being any God.

I have given reasons to believe there is a God. The creation story - The universe and how finely tuned it is. There is no chance it "just happened." - The Gospels - I am going to get to prophecy.
24-12-2016, 05:14 PM
The creation story is the one great reason not to believe in god, the finely tuned universe is another ridiculous apologetic, the gospels totally ridiculous sounds to me you are trying to convince yourself. You think you are telling us something new ? We have heard all this shit before, you are like a kid who hearing something he doesn't like sticks his fingers in his ears and goes la la la. Take your snorting self righteousness and stick it. Btw Jesus is most definitely not the reason for the season, you cant even get that right.
24-12-2016, 05:28 PM
(24-12-2016 05:14 PM)adey67 Wrote:  The creation story is the one great reason not to believe in god, the finely tuned universe is another ridiculous apologetic, the gospels totally ridiculous sounds to me you are trying to convince yourself. You think you are telling us something new ? We have heard all this shit before, you are like a kid who hearing something he doesn't like sticks his fingers in his ears and goes la la la. Take your snorting self righteousness and stick it. Btw Jesus is most definitely not the reason for the season, you cant even get that right.

And a Merry Christmas to you too.
24-12-2016, 05:42 PM
(24-12-2016 05:28 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 05:14 PM)adey67 Wrote:  The creation story is the one great reason not to believe in god, the finely tuned universe is another ridiculous apologetic, the gospels totally ridiculous sounds to me you are trying to convince yourself. You think you are telling us something new ? We have heard all this shit before, you are like a kid who hearing something he doesn't like sticks his fingers in his ears and goes la la la. Take your snorting self righteousness and stick it. Btw Jesus is most definitely not the reason for the season, you cant even get that right.

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

You mean, Merry Saturnalia.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post