Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2016, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2016 05:53 PM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Christian Doctrine
(24-12-2016 05:28 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 05:14 PM)adey67 Wrote:  The creation story is the one great reason not to believe in god, the finely tuned universe is another ridiculous apologetic, the gospels totally ridiculous sounds to me you are trying to convince yourself. You think you are telling us something new ? We have heard all this shit before, you are like a kid who hearing something he doesn't like sticks his fingers in his ears and goes la la la. Take your snorting self righteousness and stick it. Btw Jesus is most definitely not the reason for the season, you cant even get that right.

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

Merry Christmas.

(24-12-2016 05:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 05:28 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  And a Merry Christmas to you too.

You mean, Merry Saturnalia.

You get more Pagans with honey than vinegar or by co-opting dates of high holidays...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
24-12-2016, 05:50 PM
(24-12-2016 04:53 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  One is Joseph the other is Mary

Nope. The female line was never, ever, ever used in the Ancient Hebrew culture. Ever.
Do yourself a favor and go talk to a rabbi who is an expert on Ancient Hebrew genealogy.

PS. No one knows what the hell Jesus said on the cross or anywhere else. The gospels weren't written until decades later, by unknown authors and after almost two generations of embellished storytelling. Bunch of Chinese whisper stories.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-12-2016, 05:57 PM
(24-12-2016 05:28 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 05:14 PM)adey67 Wrote:  The creation story is the one great reason not to believe in god, the finely tuned universe is another ridiculous apologetic, the gospels totally ridiculous sounds to me you are trying to convince yourself. You think you are telling us something new ? We have heard all this shit before, you are like a kid who hearing something he doesn't like sticks his fingers in his ears and goes la la la. Take your snorting self righteousness and stick it. Btw Jesus is most definitely not the reason for the season, you cant even get that right.

And a Merry Christmas to you too.
Merry Xmas dude, have a good one.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
24-12-2016, 06:07 PM
(24-12-2016 05:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

Merry Christmas.

(24-12-2016 05:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You mean, Merry Saturnalia.

You get more Pagans with honey than vinegar or by co-opting dates of high holidays...

Merry Sandworm....no, I mean Happy Birthday...oops...no Happy Hanukkah...er Happy Christmas and a Merry Festivus Pole. Blink I donno, something's going on tomorrow, all I know is food is being cooked and it smells wonderful! Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-12-2016, 06:10 PM
(24-12-2016 04:56 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 04:38 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I've proposed numerous questions, most of which you have ignored.

Most of your arguments are just being argumentative.

Some were, yes.

However, many were not. Why is this argumentative:

(23-12-2016 09:55 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 08:45 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The Gospels are another reason I believe.

What version of the bible are you using?
What edition?

If you're claiming these texts as basis for your belief, I think it's fair to let us know which ones you are reading.

(24-12-2016 04:56 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Others there is no way to prove to your satisfaction my view is correct.

But.. But.. You arrived here claiming such awesomeness... Shocking

(15-12-2016 08:00 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  I spent years debating those who believed there were contradictions and errors in the Bible and I spanked them up and down every thread.

(15-12-2016 08:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  The battle has begun just as I wanted. Being lazy will not work with me. If you want to dispute me you will have to do your homework.

And I'm being argumentative?

(15-12-2016 08:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Your view is different and you cannot prove to my satisfaction that your version is true.

Look cupcake, YOU came HERE to convert US.

As long as you leave me the fuck alone, I don't give a rat's ass what you believe.

But if you in any way try to present your religion to me, you'd best be prepared.

Telling me that your imaginary friend will torture me forever is not a compelling argument. Humorous maybe, but not compelling.

Wonder why god didn't inspire you with better arguments?

(15-12-2016 08:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Truly an impasse. Remember I am stating why I believe. The evidence is sufficient for me.

That is your loss.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-12-2016, 06:49 PM
(24-12-2016 04:31 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Merry Christmas to all and remember Jesus is the reason for the season.

Actually, the reason for the season is because the oil lasted for 8 days and 8 nights. A miracle!

Anyway, enjoy your holiday. Smile
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post
24-12-2016, 06:54 PM
(24-12-2016 01:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 11:44 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Christianity came out of Judaism, but they didn’t adopt much Jewish theology. Maybe their moral code, but that’s all I can think of. Whether Judaism is true or not doesn’t impact Christianity because the theology of the two religions is not related. The only thing about Christian theology that I concern myself with is whether or not it can be considered a Jewish religion. I don’t believe it is. Therefore, it is a gentile religion.

Judaism is dependent on the oral tradition. We make no bones about that. Judaism is now, and has always been dependent on the oral traditions. We are satisfied that we are following our religion appropriately, and that our current practice of relying on the oral traditions has always been the normative practice for Judaism. If that’s not following the Torah to your satisfaction, then that’s perfectly fine. We’re not seeking anyone’s approval.

That was pretty snarky, but I'm going to try to be polite to you.

I’ve done my research, and I’m content that I’ve got the truth. That's it. That's the only explanation that I owe you because Judaism is not a religion that tries to market itself to gentiles. We're not out to "win souls" or anything of the sort. I'm not here on this forum to spread or even defend my religious beliefs. If you would like to have an intelligent conversation about what Judaism is, and what it is not, I may choose to engage with you. If it becomes something where you attack me for being a theist, for thinking differently than you do, or for failing to uphold Torah according to your personal standards, then I will move on to other conversations.

Totally agree re: Christianity came out of Judaism, but didn't adopt much Jewish theology. The biggest difference is the creation of Jesus. Jewish theology stresses and reiterates the idea of one God. Then along comes Christianity which creates a demigod in Jesus. Granted he is of god, but he is a separate functioning entity. He makes note of this in the NT by saying people should not call him good because only God is truly good.

Yes, indeed, and the differences go so much deeper, too. Even the very definition of messiah is drastically different with the Jews believing that it will be a normal human being who carries out some pretty impressive (but not miraculous) tasks, while the Christians believe that the Jewish messiah is their god who somehow wipes them clean of their sins.

There is so little in common between the two religions that it's a wonder to me how Christianity ever stemmed out of Judaism.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
24-12-2016, 07:06 PM
(24-12-2016 06:10 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 04:56 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Your view is different and you cannot prove to my satisfaction that your version is true.

Look cupcake, YOU came HERE to convert US.

As long as you leave me the fuck alone, I don't give a rat's ass what you believe.

But if you in any way try to present your religion to me, you'd best be prepared.

Telling me that your imaginary friend will torture me forever is not a compelling argument. Humorous maybe, but not compelling.

Wonder why god didn't inspire you with better arguments?

"Look cupcake!" I love it! It's times like this that I wish we could add rep beyond our allocated ration per person.

(15-12-2016 08:09 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Truly an impasse. Remember I am stating why I believe. The evidence is sufficient for me.

I'm pretty sure no one here cares what you believe. And your religious views don't impact me one bit as long as you keep your views to yourself and your friends and family, and you keep it out of the legal system.

... Except let's not play pretend here. You're not here to "state what you believe". You're here to convert people to Christianity. That, sir, is what we call a douche move.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
24-12-2016, 07:34 PM
(24-12-2016 05:57 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
Merry Xmas dude, have a good one.

Thanks. Hope you have a good couple of days.
24-12-2016, 07:35 PM
(24-12-2016 06:07 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 05:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Merry Christmas.

Merry Sandworm....no, I mean Happy Birthday...oops...no Happy Hanukkah...er Happy Christmas and a Merry Festivus Pole. Blink I donno, something's going on tomorrow, all I know is food is being cooked and it smells wonderful! Big Grin

I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that excellent food point. Smile Regardless of theological positions or lack there of.

(24-12-2016 06:49 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 04:31 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Merry Christmas to all and remember Jesus is the reason for the season.

Actually, the reason for the season is because the oil lasted for 8 days and 8 nights. A miracle!

Anyway, enjoy your holiday. Smile

And yours! Back before my elementary school went to strip all vestiges of religion from itself, I remember in 3rd grade, learning several songs relating to Hanukkah. Your post seriously had me humming, "Eight days and nights, we will remember on Hanukkah..."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post