Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2016, 04:19 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(26-12-2016 03:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 03:34 PM)Whoopsie Daisy Wrote:  You have no idea what you're talking about. Read the new testament and get back to me.

Yeah we read it dipshit.

Who the fuck are you? 32 posts.

Fuck off!

“Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.” Spencer W. Kimball

I could have one post and still be superior to a vulgar admitted ape that hides behind a bear on the other side of a monitor where it is safe to get his hate on. Thumbsup I'll be ignoring you now.

[Image: vcrzu1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2016, 04:40 PM
(26-12-2016 04:19 PM)Whoopsie Daisy Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 03:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Yeah we read it dipshit.

Fuck off!

“Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.” Spencer W. Kimball

I could have one post and still be superior to a vulgar admitted ape that hides behind a bear on the other side of a monitor where it is safe to get his hate on. Thumbsup I'll be ignoring you now.

Wow did you get the wrong one, genius.

Check the forum pictures thread... Banjo has lots and lots and lots of pics. He's about as non-anonymous as one can get. Man's an open book, and we love him for it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-12-2016, 04:45 PM
(26-12-2016 03:09 PM)Whoopsie Daisy Wrote:  Think about it. All those people who perished as martyrs and are right now being killed in the ME because they're Christian.

Two horrific images of people dying for their belief

[Image: malcom_browne_sq-0754311ada262ffbed7e5c6...mp;amp;a=c]

[Image: 911.Attack.Plane.jpg]

Does this make their belief true?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-12-2016, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 05:45 PM by SYZ.)
(26-12-2016 02:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Do you Aussies have any Christmas song? Like maybe something about Kangaroos at the Nativity scene or something like that? I'm just thinking off the top of my head here.

My fuckin' oath mate...

Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
26-12-2016, 05:51 PM
At work.

(26-12-2016 04:19 PM)Whoopsie Daisy Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 03:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Yeah we read it dipshit.

Fuck off!

Banjo is sadly suffering ill health and I think they've missed the gist of your posts.

Thumbsup

Bear with Banjo and I'm sure you'll both come to understandings. Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
26-12-2016, 06:45 PM
(26-12-2016 04:19 PM)Whoopsie Daisy Wrote:  “Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.” Spencer W. Kimball

Spencer W. Kimball was a former president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints—say no more LOL. And he's been dead for more than 30 years—when our moral values were far more restrictive. Laughably, Kimball relied on the words of an absurd, nonsensical document, the Book of Mormon, to express himself forcibly.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
26-12-2016, 09:36 PM
(25-12-2016 11:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(25-12-2016 10:59 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Male echidna's have a four-headed penis covered with penile spines.

Think about that next time you play Sonic the Hedgehog....

Ehhh... Thank you for that information, FBH. Thank you very much. Thumbsup

Hey, people were spouting random facts, and that's pretty random. Tongue

Besides, think of the trivia games you could win with that question...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-12-2016, 09:50 PM
(26-12-2016 04:19 PM)Whoopsie Daisy Wrote:  I could have one post and still be superior to a vulgar admitted ape that hides behind a bear on the other side of a monitor where it is safe to get his hate on. Thumbsup I'll be ignoring you now.

We are all apes and most of us here take pride in it.

Some of us are quite vulgar and take pride in that too.

While some of us vulgar apes could be ignored with no loss, Banjo is not one of those.

Carry on! Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-12-2016, 11:23 PM
(26-12-2016 03:33 PM)Whoopsie Daisy Wrote:  If they really rationally thought about what was asked of them, that which they were told to take on faith because this is truth in the beginning and forward through all the books of the bible, I believe they'd change their mind about holding faith.

Orly?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-12-2016, 01:45 AM
(26-12-2016 03:33 PM)Whoopsie Daisy Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 03:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... I dunno. I know plenty of smart Christians. They're... blind to the faults in their belief system, but it's an interesting thing. I am confident in my reasoning abilities and so forth, but... seeing people I know well who're unable to see past what to me is a transparent lie... makes me wonder whether I could be caught the same way.

Sure. Smile I didn't say Christians are unintelligent. And I apologize if my words made it sound like I was.
My intention was to say that Christians don't think about what they're asked to take on faith. If they really rationally thought about what was asked of them, that which they were told to take on faith because this is truth in the beginning and forward through all the books of the bible, I believe they'd change their mind about holding faith.

Not even the bare bones of it is true. The fulfillment of messiah prophecy per the Torah. Jesus isn't believed to have been the messiah because he did not fulfill the requisite proofs to be the actual prophesied messiah.
The virgin birth is the first error. Not because it just doesn't happen but because it isn't anywhere in the torah as evidence of the messiah's being born into the world.

That link, re~posted (here) I believe is a brilliant synopsis as to why Jesus/Yeshua wasn't the Jewish messiah.

That's why I say, I don't think any thinking Christian, any Christian that rationally took apart everything they were asked to believe, could remain a Christian.
Also, the Jewish messiah is to be a man. Just a regular guy. Not a god-man like Jesus was.

He's the stuff of pagan fable. Not Jewish prophecy. (And I use to be a Christian)

I am likewise ex-Christian. But I think you underestimate the power of the human mind to rationalise. A True Believer ™ who reads your link that you posted (I haven't but will take it on faith that it's a reasoned argument for Jesus not being the Messiah) will definitely find a way to discredit it. And my belief is that everyone has some issue (abortion, racism, terrorists, Russian interference in the election etc) which they're not completely rational about. We pat ourselves on the back so easily for seeing the Truth.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post