Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(27-12-2016 07:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  How funny, DF2... I was going to PM you with a recommendation for a Dillahunty video I had pop up on my YouTube suggestions earlier today (I'll clip it in, below).

He's actually new to me-- I first heard of Matt here on TTA. I haven't seen those two particular videos [Edit: hadn't seen... I watched them before posting this], but I'm glad I'm not the only person who sees this in the God-story.

I wanted to show you the Dillahunty video because I've seen you make a "the Bible says Pi = 3.0" argument, and Matt takes apart why I don't like that argument. (I'm not making fun of you for using it... that's why I was going to PM it. Honestly, I simply forgot to actually do it.) He also takes apart one of my favorite counter-apologetics arguments, so I'm not singling you out. It just reminded me of that one argument you made, a few days ago.

(27-12-2016 07:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I wanted to show you the Dillahunty video because I've seen you make a "the Bible says Pi = 3.0" argument, and Matt takes apart why I don't like that argument.

Duly noted and thanks for the Matt video. I'll watch it shortly.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-12-2016, 01:41 AM
I like Dillahunty for one simple reason: WLC refuses to debate him. Big Grin
Spares me lots of facepalming and keeps my blood pressure low. Thumbsup Bowing

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
28-12-2016, 11:06 AM
This thread is called "Christian Doctrine." Big problem, there is not one common single set of "Christian Doctrine." Unless you limit it to what all the sects seem to claim in common. The Bible. Yes, there are many interpretations. And there are textual variants. And there are different translations. But it is that Christian New Testament text along with the Jewish Bible.

Does that not sum it up?
28-12-2016, 03:13 PM
WLC is a fucking coward
28-12-2016, 04:01 PM
He's also an idiot. A good speaker, but an idiot none the less
28-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Who is WLC?
28-12-2016, 04:46 PM
(28-12-2016 04:32 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Who is WLC?

William Lane Craig. A schmuck. His claim to fame is that he's some kind of philosopher who argues that there's a reasonable basis for faith in Christ. His main weapons are fear, surprise and some kinda bullshit modification to the Kalaam cosmological argument. Mainly he's a dick though. I know this mostly through circumstantial evidence, I watched a youtube clip of his crap once and he's such a conceited fuck that I've never been able to bring myself to watch anything else.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 9 users Like morondog's post
28-12-2016, 10:10 PM
(23-12-2016 08:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  You guys aren't exactly following along with this true belief thing are you? Jesus obviously told his disciples without exaggeration exactly what happened, and they faithfully recorded it. This we know because the Bible aligns with the big bang, because evolution is a pack of lies, and because the gospel accounts disagree with each other, thus showing the sincerity and lack of bias of the authors. ETA: I forgot the seven sisters! The Bible says there are seven stars in the Pleiades. Therefore this is evidence that true things are written in it. By the way obviously false or extremely dodgy things like woman being made from a man's rib are... how *do* you explain them Bzltyr?

Which seven? Consider

[Image: pleiades1107a.jpg]
The Pleiades

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-12-2016, 10:21 PM
(24-12-2016 04:31 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  All of these sites mention that only six are visible with the naked eye.

Wrong. Can you even read? Consider

From one of your sources:
Plus people with exceptional eyesight have been known to see many more stars in the Pleiades cluster. Claims go up as high as 20 stars.
Miss Agnes Clerke reports that Maestlin, the tutor of Kepler, mapped out 11 Pleiades stars before the invention of the telescope.

28-12-2016, 10:23 PM
(24-12-2016 04:31 PM)Bzltyr Wrote:  Merry Christmas to all and remember Jesus is the reason for the season.

No, actually the winter solstice is the reason for the season.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post