Christian Doctrine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: Christian Doctrine
(28-12-2016 04:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 04:32 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Who is WLC?

William Lane Craig. A schmuck. His claim to fame is that he's some kind of philosopher who argues that there's a reasonable basis for faith in Christ. His main weapons are fear, surprise and some kinda bullshit modification to the Kalaam cosmological argument. Mainly he's a dick though. I know this mostly through circumstantial evidence, I watched a youtube clip of his crap once and he's such a conceited fuck that I've never been able to bring myself to watch anything else.

Let's not forget he actually said the genocides of the OT where children were killed was an infinite good to the children. I think it was when he debated Dawkins if I remember correctly.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2016, 11:47 AM
(28-12-2016 10:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 08:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  You guys aren't exactly following along with this true belief thing are you? Jesus obviously told his disciples without exaggeration exactly what happened, and they faithfully recorded it. This we know because the Bible aligns with the big bang, because evolution is a pack of lies, and because the gospel accounts disagree with each other, thus showing the sincerity and lack of bias of the authors. ETA: I forgot the seven sisters! The Bible says there are seven stars in the Pleiades. Therefore this is evidence that true things are written in it. By the way obviously false or extremely dodgy things like woman being made from a man's rib are... how *do* you explain them Bzltyr?

Which seven? Consider

[Image: pleiades1107a.jpg]
The Pleiades

Welcome back Chas.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
29-12-2016, 11:52 AM
(29-12-2016 11:46 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 04:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  William Lane Craig. A schmuck. His claim to fame is that he's some kind of philosopher who argues that there's a reasonable basis for faith in Christ. His main weapons are fear, surprise and some kinda bullshit modification to the Kalaam cosmological argument. Mainly he's a dick though. I know this mostly through circumstantial evidence, I watched a youtube clip of his crap once and he's such a conceited fuck that I've never been able to bring myself to watch anything else.

Let's not forget he actually said the genocides of the OT where children were killed was an infinite good to the children. I think it was when he debated Dawkins if I remember correctly.
Proof he's a complete cunt, my imagination is going wild, you do not want to be in my head right now. Largely majorly fucked up.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
30-12-2016, 12:52 AM
(29-12-2016 10:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 10:51 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Is one of them Pleiades?

I think it is accepted as Pleiades, but when I tried to do some research on it, I found that it could be a few different constellations.

Laugh out load What a washout.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Richard Dawkins refuses to debate William Lane Craig.
30-12-2016, 10:26 AM
(30-12-2016 10:17 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  Richard Dawkins refuses to debate William Lane Craig.

His reason being that to debate such a goon gives him legitimacy he doesn't deserve.
30-12-2016, 10:53 AM
(30-12-2016 12:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 10:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I think it is accepted as Pleiades, but when I tried to do some research on it, I found that it could be a few different constellations.

Laugh out load What a washout.

Which part is the washout?
31-12-2016, 01:14 PM
(30-12-2016 10:53 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 12:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  Laugh out load What a washout.

Which part is the washout?

The bit where Blitzy decided that this verse was evidence that the Bible was correct based on the 7 stars number for the Pleiades, and then you said that it's not even certain that the constellation referred to *is* the Pleiades. I mean that's some hella strong Christee evidence right there! Big Grin I'm still giggling a bit. I just wish Bzltyr would come back so I could laugh *at* him, it's no fun when the target isn't spluttering indignantly in front of one.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-01-2017, 02:19 AM
(30-12-2016 10:17 AM)Peter Slevon Wrote:  Richard Dawkins refuses to debate William Lane Craig.

Doesn't hep that Craig is a liar, and has admitted that his personal intuition trumps facts. I've seen his debates with Sam Harris, Richard Carrier, Sean Carrol, and Christopher Hitchens. The man is a ignorant buffoon swimming in the deep end of topics he knows little about, and even the ones he should be well versed in he cannot help but flail around like he's drowning.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-01-2017, 02:58 AM
(30-12-2016 10:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  

His reason being that to debate such a goon gives him legitimacy he doesn't deserve.

Actually I heard it is because wlc forgives or makes excuses for the soldiers ordered to kill infants, non virgin women and the like.

"The soldiers had to endure it, the children went to heaven."
(Not exact quote)

He's such a cunt.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post