Christian Education

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Christian Education
Hello my name is Will and I need some help. I'm 16 and I go to a Christian high school ( specifically a Seventh-Day Adventist high school) and it's getting really hard just to keep nodding my head when I'm asked about Jesus. I'd like to go to public school, but my Dad doesn't want me to because he fears I will get easier access to weed ( I already smoke anyway but I can't tell him that.) So any advice on how to endure my last couple of years at school?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: Christian Education
(31-01-2015 05:49 PM)TheAmazingAtheist Wrote:  Hello my name is Will and I need some help. I'm 16 and I go to a Christian high school ( specifically a Seventh-Day Adventist high school) and it's getting really hard just to keep nodding my head when I'm asked about Jesus. I'd like to go to public school, but my Dad doesn't want me to because he fears I will get easier access to weed ( I already smoke anyway but I can't tell him that.) So any advice on how to endure my last couple of years at school?

Smoke more weed?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
31-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Bad FC bad FC, flippant remark to a 16 year old who is asking for help....ahem, sorry Will.

Grin and bear it.

This, of course, is easier if you smoke more weed. [Image: 8SjgV9B.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
31-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Ignore Full Circle...sheesh, he's usually pretty reasonable. smh

I made it through Catholic school from 6th through HS graduation. Get out of it what you can and then move on. That is unless you are independently wealthy and can make it on your own.

I begged to be allowed to go to public school but my parents thought that the Catholic school was safer with regard to drugs, drinking, and sex - yeah, right. And they thought it would look better for my dad's business since the people in the area were mostly Catholics.

You'll be okay. It's not that much longer. Get good grades and go off to a good college.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
31-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Hi Will~

Tell them the truth. Private/religious schools cost money. Kids who go to private schools have more money and can afford the drugs. Drugs are FAR more rampant in affluent areas. That's what my daughter told me and she was right. Just drop that little bit of info offhandedly and let your folks run with it. You'll be in public schools in no time.
[+] 1 user Likes Tallulah's post
31-01-2015, 07:25 PM
(31-01-2015 05:49 PM)TheAmazingAtheist Wrote:  Hello my name is Will and I need some help. I'm 16 and I go to a Christian high school ( specifically a Seventh-Day Adventist high school) and it's getting really hard just to keep nodding my head when I'm asked about Jesus. I'd like to go to public school, but my Dad doesn't want me to because he fears I will get easier access to weed ( I already smoke anyway but I can't tell him that.) So any advice on how to endure my last couple of years at school?

I spent some time with the Advnturers.
At least they don't teach eternal hellfire.Evil_monster
Hey at 16 don't get sucked in by tobacco!Wink
01-02-2015, 03:56 AM
Hi. I think Anjele has nailed it. You just don't have to care so much about it.

You can't get much more atheistic than I, yet I have no problem on occasion finding myself in church: I picture myself as an anthropologist, observing just one expression of culture and noting the parallels in other irrational and repressive political organisations.

And you may find the patience you learn a useful tool in your future life.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
01-02-2015, 09:38 AM
(01-02-2015 03:56 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Hi. I think Anjele has nailed it. You just don't have to care so much about it.

You can't get much more atheistic than I, yet I have no problem on occasion finding myself in church: I picture myself as an anthropologist, observing just one expression of culture and noting the parallels in other irrational and repressive political organisations.

There are degrees of atheism?
Some sort of scale?

Big Grin
01-02-2015, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 10:45 AM by DLJ.)
As a non-Murikan, can I ask if a christian school high is better or worse than a public school high?

Consider

01-02-2015, 09:58 AM
(01-02-2015 09:38 AM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(01-02-2015 03:56 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Hi. I think Anjele has nailed it. You just don't have to care so much about it.

There are degrees of atheism?
Some sort of scale?

Big Grin

Hmmm....ya got me there.

Still rereading this reminded me of a great joke....

It's difficult isn't it, when you're in a Mosque and everyone's praying and you really enjoy leapfrog.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post